Should user posts be shown underneath a persons profile picture?

No, just NO. this is a bad idea.

Why?

Why?

I think he's saying getting rid of post counts is a bad idea.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Umm you do understand this is a forum right? I dont know of I have ever seen a forum without them. It os also usually a good gauge that someone knows what their talking about it their ppst count is multiple times higher than average in the thread.

I'm not sure if you guys think this is a good idea but some forums like Toms Hardware, users can get badges under their profile pictures that says Audio Expert or Motherboard Expert. They get these if they have a certain amount of post in a particular section. What do you think?

I thought we had those but I dont remeber how they were given out. I wouldnt mind knowing though since I lost my only badge recently *cries a little inside*. Maybe I could get "Knower of Things" or "Vetran Keyboardier"

Honestly, I have not really seen too many people on LinusTechTips post farm...

I have seen people Like farming, but that's about it.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Perhaps a reputation system post would be a better judgement of the credibility of the poster whilst de-couraging 'post whoring' (provided post counts are not displayed).

CPU: i5 2500k @4.3GHz  |  Cooler: Corsair H100i | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz | GPU: Asus DC2 GTX 570 | Mobo: Asus P8P67 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 500r | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Agility 3 | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green| OS: Windows 7/OSX Mavericks (Hackintosh) | Monitor: LG EA63V x2 Soundcard: Fiio E10 | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (browns) | Mouse: Corsair M40

postcounthuggers are to be found in every forum known to men, I have yet to see a forum that doesn't feed them.

Also: PostcountHuggerPNG.png

edit: I'm sad now  :(

Your signature may contain:

• • Up to 0 images
  • • Images up to 0 x 0 pixels
  • • Up to 10 URLs
  • • Up to 3 lines

edit2: also relevant: grammarnazisig2.gif

edit3: Since I cannot support my postcounthugger-attitude in my signature, let's just support the old' bunny :D

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

I'd quite like there to be a thing which tells you how many posts in Off Topic people have ade in their history on the Forum, perhaps underneath 'Active Posts' there should be 'Total Posts'

Compatible with Windows 95

Why?

I think he's saying getting rid of post counts is a bad idea.

this.

and i think its a sort of indication of how good ones advice can be.

but with all the badges and stuff i do see why one would not need it. but i think it should stay. 

I don't really pay attention to my count that much, but I know there are some on here that will see my post count & be more willing to listen to my advice.

while it isn't a 1-1 example of knowledge, it does show that I've seen a lot of the forum, and at least know what I'm talking about.

I'd quite like there to be a thing which tells you how many posts in Off Topic people have ade in their history on the Forum, perhaps underneath 'Active Posts' there should be 'Total Posts'

I dont believe off topic counts.

this.

and i think its a sort of indication of how good ones advice can be.

but with all the badges and stuff i do see why one would not need it. but i think it should stay. 

With the help of greasemonkey I've removed all badges and superfluous images are just eating up valuable monitor realestate, at some point this adding images should just stop and be moved to the profile or have it as a marker in the avatar (like a watermark) otherwise eventually there will be no point for the text in a post, just stamp the users plethora of images to say they were there.... :unsure:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

With the help of greasemonkey I've removed all badges and superfluous images are just eating up valuable monitor realestate, at some point this adding images should just stop and be moved to the profile or have it as a marker in the avatar (like a watermark) otherwise eventually there will be no point for the text in a post, just stamp the users plethora of images to say they were there.... :unsure:

I think its preety clean and way better than many forums ive been on. I think not having sig pic's helps a ton.

I think its preety clean and way better than many forums ive been on. I think not having sig pic's helps a ton.

Not having any image other than the avatar helps a boatload (to keep it PG-13) ton!

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

i hate it when people have a huge picture on the signature.