Project Seafoam X79 Gaming Build

Hello everyone,

Here is a system that I originally built in March 2012. Today I gave it a little refresh and took some new pictures and a video.

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel Core i7-3930K
Nvidia GTX 580 SLI
Crucial M4 256GB
Seagate Barracuda 3TB RAID1
32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133MHz
Eermax Platimax 1200W
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Corsair H100
Noctua NF-F12's
Cooler Master HAF X
LG HD DVD/Blu-ray ROM
Asus VG278H 27" 3D 120Hz
Monix Zibal 60 Black
Razer Mamba 2012 Elite
Logitech Z-5500

8696049071_7e4b8859fd_b.jpg
IMG_1070 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

I put the CM power supply shroud on mainly to tidy up the bottom of the case a bit and hide the massive amount of unsleeved cable that come on the stock cables.

8696053485_390fbc6d69_b.jpg

IMG_1074 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

8696057975_b61431e16c_b.jpg
IMG_1075 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

8697183350_d675e9fa15_b.jpg
IMG_1076 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

The red finish on the GSkill memory is really growing on me.
8696065381_a90ac1cf61_b.jpg
IMG_1077 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

NF-F12's on the H100 

8696067513_fc6e1bf151_b.jpg

IMG_1078 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

I really like the finish on the Platimax 

8696072341_ecb2ff2e5c_b.jpg

IMG_1079 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

8697197550_376ea613aa_b.jpg
IMG_1080 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

Here is a look at the front optical bay area with the luminescent strip lighting 

8696078941_168f3be341_b.jpg
IMG_1081 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

You are supposed to be able to turn off the green lights on the Gigabyte GTX580 cards with the OC Guru software, but they never seem to stay off. I don't mind them though. 

8696081295_b616cc0c8e_b.jpg
IMG_1082 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

I really like the subtle soft glow that the mutant mods luminescent wires produce 

8697204852_07199797a4_b.jpg
IMG_1084 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

8696087121_5015885c6c_b.jpg
IMG_1085 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

8696090363_00c607fae6_b.jpg
IMG_1086 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

8696095685_04f38d06f6_b.jpg
IMG_1088 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

8696097089_3b1b6ce47b_b.jpg
IMG_1089 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

8697223114_17f179fb2d_b.jpg
IMG_1058 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

Some benchmarks:

8097925067_2e2635f516_b.jpg

8390830102_49d0fb9e1c_b.jpg

Oh man, she's a beauty! :)

Those 8 sticks of RAM just look boss. And I agree about the Platimax, the finish on

that thing is just awesome. I know it's a bit silly, but the Platimax' finish was

actually one of the reasons I bought it (not the only one, of course ;)).

EDIT: And nice pictures, too :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Oh man, she's a beauty! :)

Those 8 sticks of RAM just look boss. And I agree about the Platimax, the finish on

that thing is just awesome. I know it's a bit silly, but the Platimax' finish was

actually one of the reasons I bought it (not the only one, of course ;)).

EDIT: And nice pictures, too :)

Thank you! I agree I really like the look of memory on each side of the socket like 2011 has. Platimax finish is amazing, one of the prettiest things I've seen. I just wish the cables were nicer!  And thank you! :) 

I just wish the cables were nicer!

What I like about the cables though is that they're 16 AWG (well, most of them anyway).

It might make them a lot stiffer, but it's also a sign of build quality.

My ultimate wire for PC building would probably be 16 AWG silicone wire. I have

ordered a few meters as a sample, and it is ridiculously flexible and absolutely

amazing to work with. Also, silicone is much more resistant to high temperatures than

PVC (I think most PVC wires have ~105 C as their max temp, whereas silicone can have 200 C

or so, not sure anymore tbh).

The one disadvantage is that it is as ridiculously expensive as it is amazing, so if

I did all the cables with that wire I could easily end up with 100 USD to 200 USD in

cost for the cables alone :o

I'm currently talking to Lutro0 about ordering a few things to shorten and recrimp the

Platimax' wires for HELIOS. His crimper is a bit wider than the one MDPC-X sells, so

it's more suitable for crimping 16 AWG wire.

EDIT: Just to clarify: I agree that the Platimax' cables are ugly, which is why I

want to shorten, sleeve and recrimp them.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Man just looks good. You definetly know what your doing any plans on sleeving the psu cables

Man just looks good. You definetly know what your doing any plans on sleeving the psu cables

Thanks! If they had a kit available I might buy them but I probably wouldn't sleeve it myself. 

What I like about the cables though is that they're 16 AWG (well, most of them anyway).

It might make them a lot stiffer, but it's also a sign of build quality.

My ultimate wire for PC building would probably be 16 AWG silicone wire. I have

ordered a few meters as a sample, and it is ridiculously flexible and absolutely

amazing to work with. Also, silicone is much more resistant to high temperatures than

PVC (I think most PVC wires have ~105 C as their max temp, whereas silicone can have 200 C

or so, not sure anymore tbh).

The one disadvantage is that it is as ridiculously expensive as it is amazing, so if

I did all the cables with that wire I could easily end up with 100 USD to 200 USD in

cost for the cables alone :o

I'm currently talking to Lutro0 about ordering a few things to shorten and recrimp the

Platimax' wires for HELIOS. His crimper is a bit wider than the one MDPC-X sells, so

it's more suitable for crimping 16 AWG wire.

EDIT: Just to clarify: I agree that the Platimax' cables are ugly, which is why I

want to shorten, sleeve and recrimp them.

That is a good point, the wire id definitely thick and feels heavy duty. Not sure how thick the AX1200 wires are but they are very soft and flexible (although the sleeving is very loose and fairly poor) 

I'm not very familiar with silicon wire but it sounds great. I will have a look on youtube and see if there are any good videos that show it. 

A couple more videos.

http://youtu.be/VG2B6XKz-SY

http://youtu.be/Fwclx7D_X1w

Nice man looks awesome them pictures are good quality too :)

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Once again, nice build. I really like the photos... Canon S100?

The color of that memory is amazing.

I can't help but appreciate how good these pictures look... Is that a really nice camera or is that your skill?

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Nice man looks awesome them pictures are good quality too :)

I can't help but appreciate how good these pictures look... Is that a really nice camera or is that your skill?

The color of that memory is amazing.

Yes! I really like it too. 

Once again, nice build. I really like the photos... Canon S100?

Thank you guys! I appreciate it!  Some of them are Canon S100 and some are Canon G11, but any decent camera should be able to take pictures similar to this. The key is very low iso for clean images and have it on a tripod to keep them sharp   :) If it's very dark you may have to play around with the exposure a bit to get the brightness you want in the photo since higher iso does brighten up the image so to compensate for the low iso you will have to expose it longer. 

Here's a couple more videos 

Close look at the aesthetics of the Platimax. In my opinion one of the prettiest power supplies.

Couldn't agree more, it's really pretty :)

Nice build though am not a fan of the chasis, and would look even better if you water cooled the gpus 

Good looking build 

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

Close look at the aesthetics of the Platimax. In my opinion one of the prettiest power supplies.

I definitely have to agree, pity Linus didn't use one or one of the similarly finished Enermax MAXREVO/Revolution PSUs, they would have fit so well with his black wrinkle finished case.

I definitely have to agree, pity Linus didn't use one or one of the similarly finished Enermax MAXREVO/Revolution PSUs, they would have fit so well with his black wrinkle finished case.

I think I just felt my pants get tighter at that thought. :lol:

Awesome photos for an awesome build. Ive never seen a blue neon strip like that before. Very original mate, well done

is it just me or does it look like that graphics card is extremely sagging in the second photo?

arnt your ssd's a bit slow.... my 2 segate 1tb raid 0 can pull faster than that

post-3429-0-50858500-1367927660.png

your dad is full of win 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65