Since we'll probably won't be able to go to Vancouver any time soon, we brought Vancouver to us :D

bejamartins

So, me and the lady wanted were inspired by the recent fashion on painting mountains on the wall and wanted to do something alike.

At first we were thinking on painting the mountains in our own backyard. The problem is that they lack depth to use different shades of a colour like we wanted to.

So then we thought about places where we've been and had good memories and thought about using Vancouver.

We used the corridor space and the lower sides of the walls as representing the Harbour, and on one side we painted the Vancouver skyline and in the other side the North shore mountains.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The outlines are taken from pictures, so although not perfectly straight and up to scale should match the real outlines of the city and the mountains.

spacer.png

Then on the corners and between doors we added some deatails like Stanley Park or the Lions Gate Bridge:

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's not year finished, still needs some retouching, but I'm really happy with the result we're having and really wanted to share.

If anyone interested, the paints we used were:

- Luxens Universal Primer (I think it's a white label paint from Leroy Merlin) for base to uniformize and be able to paint over the plastics;
- Osaka (Spanish brand) Damasco + Essence 06 (we didn't measure but we kept adding essence to the paint and measure by sight alone - we kept adding to achive different shades of the same hue).

Other materials used:

- Brushes :D

- Lots of painter's tape;

- Sponge painting roller (for uneven spread);

- Paint spreader for the wavy effect.

-> Moved to Off Topic

We are tech forum after all.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Off Topic

We are tech forum after all.

Ok, but I posted on LTX because it was inspired by our travels to LTX and I wouldn't say LTX is a tech topic.

1 minute ago, bejamartins said:

Ok, but I posted on LTX because it was inspired by our travels to LTX and I wouldn't say LTX is a tech topic.

This one is about Vancouver as a city, not about tech or anything else LTX represents.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Looks great