Is Unifi AP AC Lite and TP Link eop225/245 more powerful than Asus AC1300G Plus?

Mihle

Is Unifi AP AC Lite and TP Link eop225/245 more powerful than Asus AC1300G Plus?

Also do all of them come with ways to be powered without PoE?

And does it matter form them that it won't be placed on a roof or wall, but instead close to the floor?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Just now, Mihle said:

These four wouldn't differ too much from each other. The EAP245 has the most speed on the 5Ghz band, but the antenna is still the same strength; so it's probably just a difference 'in theory'.

2 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Not sure about the ASUS (I assume it just comes with a 'normal' power adapter?), but the Ubiquiti and TP-Link all do.

Only thing that worries me is the wording TP-Link uses for their adapter. The EAP245 comes with a "Gigabit Passive PoE Adapter", while the EAP225 comes with a "Passive PoE Adapter". So is it Gigabit? Fast Ethernet (100Mb/s)? 

Either way, with these three you would only need two ethernet cables (one into the POE adapter, one out of the adapter into the access point).

4 minutes ago, Mihle said:

And does it matter form them that it won't be placed on a roof or wall, but instead close to the floor?

In my experience, it's often just best to place them onto the wall/roof/ceiling for a couple reasons:

- Convenience: no access point just sitting on a table/floor somewhere

- Reach: up top there is less material that can block the WiFi signals (i.e. no couch, table, other furniture, etc. in the way when it's up above all those).

Plus the main advantage of the Ubiquiti is the potential ways you can expand the setup, but it is a bit more difficult to setup than the TP-Link.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

38 minutes ago, Mihle said:

As far as the Unifi AC lite goes you will need either an af or passive 24V injector. It does not have a power in any other way.

If the Lite is pre 2016 then it will only work on 24V passive injector

1 hour ago, minibois said:

These four wouldn't differ too much from each other. The EAP245 has the most speed on the 5Ghz band, but the antenna is still the same strength; so it's probably just a difference 'in theory'.

Reason why I ask is that I have the Asus now and it seems too weak/not enough range, even if people say it should be good enough for my sized home. Have some other issues with it too that I have not managed to figure out. (Asus is another place than they on would be)

Not sure about the ASUS (I assume it just comes with a 'normal' power adapter?), but the Ubiquiti and TP-Link all do.

Only thing that worries me is the wording TP-Link uses for their adapter. The EAP245 comes with a "Gigabit Passive PoE Adapter", while the EAP225 comes with a "Passive PoE Adapter". So is it Gigabit? Fast Ethernet (100Mb/s)? 

Either way, with these three you would only need two ethernet cables (one into the POE adapter, one out of the adapter into the access point).

In my experience, it's often just best to place them onto the wall/roof/ceiling for a couple reasons:

- Convenience: no access point just sitting on a table/floor somewhere

- Reach: up top there is less material that can block the WiFi signals (i.e. no couch, table, other furniture, etc. in the way when it's up above all those).

Plus the main advantage of the Ubiquiti is the potential ways you can expand the setup, but it is a bit more difficult to setup than the TP-Link.

Where I tried to explain, aka in the TV cabinet or whatever you call it is much much easier to place it, and possibly the only place one in the house might accept it being, not sure if they want a box on the roof...

I doubt I will expand it much. As it works here now, ISP modem will always be the modem. And it will handle NAT or whatever. As if it had to be there anyway, why not use it as that and a switch.

But what do you even mean as potential beats you can expand"?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, Dujith said:

As far as the Unifi AC lite goes you will need either an af or passive 24V injector. It does not have a power in any other way.

If the Lite is pre 2016 then it will only work on 24V passive injector

Is it included in the box?

-Stephen Hawking

Just now, Mihle said:

Is it included in the box?

The lite should include a 24V passive gigabit injector. Do check tho, i know the AC LR/PRO and higher have none included.

And what should I use of eap225, eap245 or Unifi AP Lite?

-Stephen Hawking

Or is just a router in AP mode the best in my situation?

-Stephen Hawking

Someone recommended me Unifi FlexHD, any other similar ish things or router set in AP mode that I can consider, cheaper than it is a bonus?

-Stephen Hawking

First of all, single retail units of the Ubiquiti UniFi AC access points should all come with PoE injectors. The multi-packs don’t. I have an AC-Pro and AC-LR and they each came with their own PoE injectors, by I ended up wiring them to a Ubiquiti PoE switch for a more tidy cable setup.

Secondly, these units (and most other WiFi access points/routers) are not meant to be shoved in a corner in a cabinet with the expectation that they will work as intended. Place any AP in a cabinet and you’re attenuating the WiFi signal within the first foot of antenna broadcast whether it’s 2.4GHz or 5GHz. Attenuation might be small but you are actively interfering the signal before it gets interference from other objects like walls, microwaves, etc., which will negatively affect overall WiFi performance.

Always pay attention to the AP’s data sheet with regards to how the antenna, when positioned in the standard orientation, distributes its signal. In the horizontal position, this tends to be best in a donut shape around the antennae. So vertical mounting makes little sense unless you’re only trying to cover a very small area. That’s why most wireless access points do poorly if you want a single one to cover multiple floor levels.

If you can’t mount one of their traditional APs, the FlexHD looks like a smart speaker that you just place on a flat surface while wired to the main router/switch. They can be mounted in the ceiling, but you don’t have to.

It doesn’t matter which brand AP you get. The concept is still the same in terms of using multiple APs to achieve more coverage and distribute client load. I have more experience using Ubiquiti gear, so can’t comment on TP-Link’s AP solutions, but for those prices and positive user reviews, they seem pretty good.

8 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

First of all, single retail units of the Ubiquiti UniFi AC access points should all come with PoE injectors. The multi-packs don’t. I have an AC-Pro and AC-LR and they each came with their own PoE injectors, by I ended up wiring them to a Ubiquiti PoE switch for a more tidy cable setup.

Secondly, these units (and most other WiFi access points/routers) are not meant to be shoved in a corner in a cabinet with the expectation that they will work as intended. Place any AP in a cabinet and you’re attenuating the WiFi signal within the first foot of antenna broadcast whether it’s 2.4GHz or 5GHz. Attenuation might be small but you are actively interfering the signal before it gets interference from other objects like walls, microwaves, etc., which will negatively affect overall WiFi performance.

Always pay attention to the AP’s data sheet with regards to how the antenna, when positioned in the standard orientation, distributes its signal. In the horizontal position, this tends to be best in a donut shape around the antennae. So vertical mounting makes little sense unless you’re only trying to cover a very small area. That’s why most wireless access points do poorly if you want a single one to cover multiple floor levels.

If you can’t mount one of their traditional APs, the FlexHD looks like a smart speaker that you just place on a flat surface while wired to the main router/switch. They can be mounted in the ceiling, but you don’t have to.

It doesn’t matter which brand AP you get. The concept is still the same in terms of using multiple APs to achieve more coverage and distribute client load. I have more experience using Ubiquiti gear, so can’t comment on TP-Link’s AP solutions, but for those prices and positive user reviews, they seem pretty good.

At this point someone recommended I just get whatever consumer router and put it in AP mode instead. As it is more aimed at just being placed on a shelf. Haven't gotten spesific product recommendation tho.

-Stephen Hawking

Atm working on a site where we just used the Flex HD's. And i'm loving them so far.

They come with an injector, tho here we have a switch for that.

3 hours ago, Mihle said:

At this point someone recommended I just get whatever consumer router and put it in AP mode instead. As it is more aimed at just being placed on a shelf. Haven't gotten spesific product recommendation tho.

Synology RT2600AC.

2 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

Synology RT2600AC.

That costs more than the FlexHD.

-Stephen Hawking

4 hours ago, Mihle said:

That costs more than the FlexHD.

Did you specify a budget?

30 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Did you specify a budget?

I said the price of FlexHD, cheaper is a bonus. If its more expensive than FlexHD I might as well go with that one and if its the same price it depends if its better as an AP in my situation or not.
Remember than I am interested in the good signal part and not router parts.

-Stephen Hawking