If you had to choose?

MonkeyButt

I'd get both then hack a spare xbox controller for Ps3,

Ps3 has Ratchet and Clank, and more anime games (bleach, one piece etc)

Xbox has halo, better controllers and litterally all of my friends have an xbox, not many friends have playstation

Also the next gen PS4 is rumored to have AMD's 7970 GPU in it, but for a cost of between 400-600$

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D

Even though I have both I would choose PS3. My reason is capability to work with mouse and keyboard. When I couldn't use my PC for about two weeks I just attached my keyboard and mouse to PS3 and was browsing internet like nothing happened.

Intel Core i5-3570K @4,2Ghz w/ Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 || MSI Z77A-G43 || Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9 || MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G || Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB || CM Storm Quickfire XT || Roccat Kone Pure Optical || Logitech z-623 // Fiio e09k+e07k and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250Ohm + Zalman ZM-MIC1

I would have to choose xbox, on the fact that any of my online PC friends have xbox, and not PC, and IRL friends are on xbox.

CPU: i5 2500K 3.3 Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 550 Ti RAM: 4GB HDD: 200Gb

PS3 for free online, paid online for the insane amount of content per year, BR player, better exclusives (imho) like Uncharted Series, LBP, TLOF, GoW, [...], and last for some aspects of engineering and design (If you've ever opened the two consoles 3 and 360, both fat and slim models, you probably know what I mean)

MAIN Core V21 | i7 5820K @ 4.2 1.21v | Corsair H100i + NF-F12 | Asrock X99M Killer | Crucial Sport 4x4GB 2400 CAS16 @ 2666 CAS15 | 290X DCUII OC @ 1115/1450 1.3v | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 830 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Corsair AX650

I would pick Playstation because of the Vita? Or is that also banned..

La`~

Ps3 for free internet and games like spyro and crash.

Playstation easy. Free wireless internet, wireless controllers with no batteries that can charge via USB, better controller, blu ray player. It's far superior even tho it is generally a fancy blu ray player. :P

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w