No audio output option on laptop for TV/Monitor (HDMI)

BubbleDJ10

Recently I discovered my laptop no longer sees my HDMI monitor as an audio output option. I tried using a TV as well and the same thing happens, no output option. Both the TV and monitor output sound when used with other devices though. My laptop was working perfectly fine with my monitor speakers recently, maybe a month or two ago (maybe more, I normally use a headset so i'm not 100% sure when this happened).

Here's what I've tried so far:

-Showing disabled and disconnected device in the the sound control panel

-Reinstalling audio drivers

-Full resetting windows (although when I did this I chose a complete reset, it still had some drivers installed and it kept some of my previous data so i'm not sure if there's a better way to do it)

-Restarting windows audio service

I have no idea what else to try, any help at all is much appreciated and i'm happy to supply any info or screenshots that might help!

My laptop is and ASUS ROG Zephyrus M GM501GS with the specs shown here (mine is the GTX 1070 version on the left): https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-Zephyrus-M-GM501/Tech-Specs/

A reset is not the same as a clean install.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It may be your graphics driver as that obviously handles the display output and I believe the sound over hdmi too, when I had an nvidia graphics card it would display nvidia hdmi/display audio something something

use DDU to wipe your display drivers and reinstall, there may be an option somewhere about HDMI audio in install or in geforce experience iirc

moving on to AMD graphics my hdmi monitor displays as a AMD High Def Audio Device, so I would say it is your graphics driver

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

36 minutes ago, DakotaWebber said:

It may be your graphics driver as that obviously handles the display output and I believe the sound over hdmi too, when I had an nvidia graphics card it would display nvidia hdmi/display audio something something

use DDU to wipe your display drivers and reinstall, there may be an option somewhere about HDMI audio in install or in geforce experience iirc

moving on to AMD graphics my hdmi monitor displays as a AMD High Def Audio Device, so I would say it is your graphics driver

Just tried this, and to no avail. Everything seems the same as before with no audio option for the monitor. I also noticed in my device manager "high definition audio device" has a little warning sign next to it. I tried updated that, as well as uninstalling it but neither did anything.

Audio_Drivers.PNG