SilverStone to launch “airflow version” of LD03 case, dubbed the LDO3-AF

Source - https://www.kitguru.net/components/cases/joao-silva/silverstone-to-launch-an-airflow-version-of-its-ld03-mini-itx-case/

When your case is dope AF... or just needs more AirFlow

Personally, seems like a good idea, but my main question is why didn't they just do this in the first place? Are they just trying to gain more sales, or is there a specific reason they found which meant they decided to release a new version?

Primary features:

- Small footprint (it's a SFF case)
- 3-sided tinted tempered glass design

- "More vents than the original LD03"

- Supports SFX(L) power supplies up to 130mm and radiator up to 120mm

- Supports CPU Cooler up to 190mm

- Motherboard tray rotated 90 degrees "to provide the best heat dissipation within the case"

Release date of June 25th and priced at 150 euros (£135, $169)

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Just in time for the 10900K and 3900XT

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

For those who are genuinely interested in this case, JayzTwoCents has already done a review on it:

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

I honestly don't get that orientation of case.

Why not flip it outside down and have all the ports coming out the bottom, and then raise it up a bit to let it have a skirt or something to hide/route the cords. Then just make it one or two glass and put 2 120 fans on the non-thermal/non-mobo side and a single fan on top, 120/140/200 or whatever.

Why is there so damn much plastic making the case seem even larger than it already is for an ITX? Why is the PSU cord in such an odd spot?  Why is the PSU even in that position to begin with?

So damn many strange design choices to me.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)