NSA Watchdog Slams Snowden

afa7336

@LinusTech This type of news should be put in a different part of the forum. Always ends up in political arguments and disagreements. Just my opinion

Well I'm sorry we got in your way.

Well, they are supposedly Russian Separatists. I give it a 50/50 thats what they are and not Russians. When you take all the current facts in, and the fact that Putin is old school KGB and I am sure remembers what the KGB did in Afghanistan.

I'm a bit young to know much about the KGB, but I heard that the interim president gave a speech asking that Russian forces are by no means to leave their Bases, so hopefully that will settle things a little, and perhaps the Ukrainian army will go in and remove the Russians in the parliament.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

I'm a  bit young to know much about the KGB, but I heard that the interim president gave a speech asking that Russian forces are by no means to leave their Bases, so hopefully that will settle things a little, and perhaps the Ukrainian army will go in and remove the Russians in the parliament. 

Correct, thats the thinking of course, but with the KGB you never know. Well, now the FSB, but its just the KGB with another name when you look at the powers they have, etc.

When I mentioned Afghanistan (giving a slight history lesson, forgive me), I was referring to the initial taking of Afghanistan. When the Soviet Union and the KGB went into Afghanistan the first thing they did was seize, by force, a lot of the key Government and Police buildings. It was really bloody and really well executed honestly. Within less then a day, they controlled pretty much all the key buildings. With Putin being Putin and exKGB, he knows the history and the details of that operation, and Ukraine ain't Afghanistan so it'd be a lot easier. Afghanistan, the real reason they lost was the fact that the Afghan People were able to wear them down in really horrible terrain. Sure the weapons played a very small part, but not nearly that big to matter much. They'd have still won without us, just would have taken longer.

I didn't read the rest of the thread, however I did read the article you linked.  It says right in it there basically aren't whistleblowing protections.  I don't disagree with the authors viewpoint.  Snowden is definitely running from his lumps, however I can understand why he has.  Things have changed a lot since 1980.  Somehow I think Snowden would be worse off than just destitute, stigmatized, and gagged for life.

Sure, maybe he should have just leaked everything and stayed, and been sentenced to 940 years in solitary confinement.  I can see why that isn't appealing.  At the same time I do think some of the leaks were necessary, or at least much better now that they're out than in.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Isn't the military also there for protection against potential threats? It would be a stupid idea to completely get rid of it, but the UK's armed forces have been shrinking for a while now. I'd like to think we're heading to where Japan is now, having no active military, and just forces for self defense. 

You do know why Japan has no military, right?

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I didn't read the rest of the thread, however I did read the article you linked.  It says right in it there basically aren't whistleblowing protections.  I don't disagree with the authors viewpoint.  Snowden is definitely running from his lumps, however I can understand why he has.  Things have changed a lot since 1980.  Somehow I think Snowden would be worse off than just destitute, stigmatized, and gagged for life.

Sure, maybe he should have just leaked everything and stayed, and been sentenced to 940 years in solitary confinement.  I can see why that isn't appealing.  At the same time I do think some of the leaks were necessary, or at least much better now that they're out than in.

Well, sorta, you have to get into what is classed as a whistleblower and what you have to do to gain that class of protection. Running to the media and then hiding doesn't really give you whistleblower protections, it makes you a criminal. If Snowden would have followed established procedures and protocols, then he would be a whistleblower.

I couldn't help but maybe give him a hint "Article 9".

This thread = Kim Jong Un launching a missile.

funny-gif-rocket-launch-fail.gif

And to state my opinion, I believe Snowden did what was right and the NSA are a bunch of disruptive scum.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I'm still waiting for you to give me specifics, or do you just like saying things without proof? I've offered to give proof to things you question, yet you won't tell me what.

FYI, if you call me extremist, I wonder what you call Al Qaeda or what you called Usama Bin Laden. Especially considering I'm not even defending someone who put everyones lives at risk every time he leaks something new.

You're not even listening to what I'm saying.

I could call you up on a lot of the things you've said, but you'd just quote some BS website and claim because it's on that website it must be true.

Your closed mindedness makes it impossible to argue with you.

Yeah, I know why, but I'm obviously not wanting that to happen to us. But in the Japanese Constitution, they have a bit that renounces war, and to achieve that, they don't maintain any military forces other than a sort of national guard. I'd like us to have something similar to this.

Correct, thats the thinking of course, but with the KGB you never know. Well, now the FSB, but its just the KGB with another name when you look at the powers they have, etc.

When I mentioned Afghanistan (giving a slight history lesson, forgive me), I was referring to the initial taking of Afghanistan. When the Soviet Union and the KGB went into Afghanistan the first thing they did was seize, by force, a lot of the key Government and Police buildings. It was really bloody and really well executed honestly. Within less then a day, they controlled pretty much all the key buildings. With Putin being Putin and exKGB, he knows the history and the details of that operation, and Ukraine ain't Afghanistan so it'd be a lot easier. Afghanistan, the real reason they lost was the fact that the Afghan People were able to wear them down in really horrible terrain. Sure the weapons played a very small part, but not nearly that big to matter much. They'd have still won without us, just would have taken longer.

We I hope that the threat of action from the US and UK (UN, etc) would deter them from doing something like that. At least not openly, perhaps they will back certain people, but I can't see them risking an all out takeover.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

Yeah, I know why, but I'm obviously not wanting that to happen to us. But in the Japanese Constitution, they have a bit that renounces war, and to achieve that, they don't maintain any military forces other than a sort of national guard. I'd like us to have something similar to this.

I wish we all could have that, but Japan has Article 9 because of what they did in WW2 and to Asia before that. It would be against everybody's best interests if all the powerful countries just up and dismantled their active militaries until we reach the point of the Silver Surfer, or robots.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

We I hope that the threat of action from the US and UK (UN, etc) would deter them from doing something like that. At least not openly, perhaps they will back certain people, but I can't see them risking an all out takeover.

Welp, sadly Russian Armor has moved into Crimea to "protect its fleet".

With them getting, or trying to get basing rights throughout the world, it looks like it will be a real push for Ukraine.