NSA Watchdog Slams Snowden

afa7336

If he had to go to Congress, yes, of course over 9/10ths of the leaks wouldn't have come out, so a lot of them wouldn't have mattered. Warn the World AND give a road map for our Enemies to follow so they can avoid us. Its a double edge sword, what Snowden did, and he should be shot/hung/stabbed for it all at the same time IMHO.

Sometimes agencies abuse their power, and become enemies of the people they are supposed to be protecting, which forced Snowden to take the drastic actions he did. He did it for the good of his country and people, rather than abuse his responsibility to protect them like the NSA did.

Yes, because when you leak Classified information you should be charged... Or do you feel that people are above the law, and should be able to steal/hack/leak information at any time?

I was talking about if he had complained through the set methods, IE complained to the administration of the NSA. My point was that they would just laugh and ignore him, and no one would know till this day about any of these issues.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

Sometimes agencies abuse their power, and become enemies of the people they are supposed to be protecting, which forced Snowden to take the drastic actions he did. He did it for the good of his country and people, rather than abuse his responsibility to protect them like the NSA did.

I was talking about if he had complained through the set methods, IE complained to the administration of the NSA. My point was that they would just laugh and ignore him, and no one would know till this day about any of these issues.

He did it for the good, what kinda bullshit is that? Can you tell me how telling the Chinese which IP Addresses the NSA was watching was for the good of the Country (You do know the Chinese are an enemy of the US and her allies right)? How about telling the world that Israel and the US were the ones behind Stuxnet in Iran (You do know that Iran is an enemy of the US and her allies right)? Do you think leaking ongoing operations that has nothing to do with domestic stuff, should be leaked? How about leaks about what US Allies are doing, is that okay? See, this is your "hero" at work, he claims to protect you, but he isn't! He's in it for himself, not for you!

And as far as "laughing" at him? Bullshit, thats flat out bullshit. As stated, he would have a chance to go to Congress at the end, if he wasn't happy with the outcome. Of course, that doesn't matter, because he didn't really want to, he wanted his "fifteen minutes of fame". Without knowing the process, people tend to make assumptions like yours, but a little research into the matter shows a different story then "laughing at him".

Isn't it interesting though, that even people that have been put in a position to go and tell secrets to the world, think so little of Snowden and aren't defending him? That should tell you a little something right there. Snowden, if he had JUST leaked the domestic stuff AND hadn't run like a little kid, we'd be having a different discussion, but he didn't. He chose his fate, and he's too much of a coward to face it. Plain and simple. Its time people start realizing he isn't some hero on a white horse, he's done real damage and jeopardized your safety and a lot of others safety.

He did it for the good, what kinda bullshit is that? Can you tell me how telling the Chinese which IP Addresses the NSA was watching was for the good of the Country (You do know the Chinese are an enemy of the US and her allies right)? How about telling the world that Israel and the US were the ones behind Stuxnet in Iran (You do know that Iran is an enemy of the US and her allies right)? Do you think leaking ongoing operations that has nothing to do with domestic stuff, should be leaked? How about leaks about what US Allies are doing, is that okay? See, this is your "hero" at work, he claims to protect you, but he isn't! He's in it for himself, not for you!

And as far as "laughing" at him? Bullshit, thats flat out bullshit. As stated, he would have a chance to go to Congress at the end, if he wasn't happy with the outcome. Of course, that doesn't matter, because he didn't really want to, he wanted his "fifteen minutes of fame". Without knowing the process, people tend to make assumptions like yours, but a little research into the matter shows a different story then "laughing at him".

Isn't it interesting though, that even people that have been put in a position to go and tell secrets to the world, think so little of Snowden and aren't defending him? That should tell you a little something right there. Snowden, if he had JUST leaked the domestic stuff AND hadn't run like a little kid, we'd be having a different discussion, but he didn't. He chose his fate, and he's too much of a coward to face it. Plain and simple. Its time people start realizing he isn't some hero on a white horse, he's done real damage and jeopardized your safety and a lot of others safety.

If he hadn't run, he'd be looking at most of his life in jail... And you speak of his "15 minutes of fame" - do you really think he would sacrifice his whole life and his rights and be forced to hide out in an airport for weeks, while countries decide whether or not to extradite him to the US. He has no home, no rights, and is lucky that he didn't get extradited. Stuck in Russia, with nothing and no one.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Classy and very mature there hoss, instead of adding to the discussion you'll post a picture instead.

It's relevant to what I'm thinking and what several others will be thinking, I created it becase Logan of Teksyndicate will undoubtedly do a Rant 30 on the subject which will be enjoyable to watch. I intended to allow the discussion to continue as I'm not hugely educated on this topic (non US citizen) and wanted to learn a few things from some of the incoming posts because nothing is worse than steaming in with misinformation, not even just posting an image IMHO.

It seems to have worked out quite well thus far, I've just read a good piece of discussion.

I'm not going to try and contest the image being immature, it is.

If he hadn't run, he'd be looking at most of his life in jail... And you speak of his "15 minutes of fame" - do you really think he would sacrifice his whole life and his rights and be forced to hide out in an airport for weeks, while countries decide whether or not to extradite him to the US. He has no home, no rights, and is lucky that he didn't get extradited. Stuck in Russia, with nothing and no one.

Life in jail for what exactly, I'm actually glad you brought that up. Because its interesting to look at some of them.

Disclosure of foreign operations to Foreign Nationals

Disclosure of foreign operations to Enemies of the United States

Hacking classified government files

Theft of Government files

Disclosure of Classified Information to Foreign Nationals

Disclosure of Classified Information to Enemies of the United States

Treason

Thats just some of the many, right there. GG. Notice I didn't state the domestic stuff, I left that out for a reason, to show you that it isn't exactly all domestic stuff that he revealed. 

He's a narcissist, you can tell, things are about him more then they are about the World. Why in the world would he lie so much about himself, to elevate himself to seem more important then he was?

And stuck in Russia, I am so GLAD you brought that up too, because don't you think its interesting indeed, that the guy that champions freedoms, is so quiet on Russia and what Russia is doing? Clamping down on the opposition, spying on their own citizens. It amazes me, this "hero" people make Snowden out to be, would be so quiet on these things... Could it be, he isn't what he says he is, his motives aren't as pure as you think. You'd think someone that risked everything, would be bringing up these things because he is so for the freedoms of people.

I guess, by being quiet, I can make an assumption like others, that he hates gays and lesbians, because as a champion of freedoms, he's been quiet on Russias attacks on them. I can also make the assumption then, like others make them, that he's a total and utter hypocrite because he has failed to discuss the violations that Russia does spying on its own citizens using SORM and SORM II. (Interesting reading out there on SORM, I suggest if anyone reading, they should look it up. It makes what you bitch about the NSA doing look like an ant in comparison.)

But by avoiding answering my questions I proposed, you've shown something. That you KNOW things Snowden did are wrong... So I have one single question I'd like an answer from you:

What if the next thing that Snowden leaks, causes North Korea or China to launch a Nuclear Missile at the United States or one of her allies (which will instantly draw the United States into a Nuclear War)? (Because we know he isn't just leaking domestic stuff.)

Edit: Remember when Snowden claimed he could tap into everyone, then it came out he had to hack into everything just to get the information? How about how much Snowden made as a salary. Not to mention the searches that Snowden claimed to be able to do had to be audited afterwords, and required prior approval to issue a search of the data. Even the reporter Greenwald had to admit that Snowden was full of it! Interesting! Why did the "hero" Snowden lie I wonder.

Life in jail for what exactly, I'm actually glad you brought that up. Because its interesting to look at some of them.

Treason

Thats just some of the many, right there. GG. Notice I didn't state the domestic stuff, I left that out for a reason, to show you that it isn't exactly all domestic stuff that he revealed. 

He's a narcissist, you can tell, things are about him more then they are about the World. Why in the world would he lie so much about himself, to elevate himself to seem more important then he was?

And stuck in Russia, I am so GLAD you brought that up too, because don't you think its interesting indeed, that the guy that champions freedoms, is so quiet on Russia and what Russia is doing? Clamping down on the opposition, spying on their own citizens. It amazes me, this "hero" people make Snowden out to be, would be so quiet on these things... Could it be, he isn't what he says he is, his motives aren't as pure as you think. You'd think someone that risked everything, would be bringing up these things because he is so for the freedoms of people.

I guess, by being quiet, I can make an assumption like others, that he hates gays and lesbians, because as a champion of freedoms, he's been quiet on Russias attacks on them. I can also make the assumption then, like others make them, that he's a total and utter hypocrite because he has failed to discuss the violations that Russia does spying on its own citizens using SORM and SORM II. (Interesting reading out there on SORM, I suggest if anyone reading, they should look it up. It makes what you bitch about the NSA doing look like an ant in comparison.)

But by avoiding answering my questions I proposed, you've shown something. That you KNOW things Snowden did are wrong... So I have one single question I'd like an answer from you:

What if the next thing that Snowden leaks, causes North Korea or China to launch a Nuclear Missile at the United States or one of her allies (which will instantly draw the United States into a Nuclear War)? (Because we know he isn't just leaking domestic stuff.)

Yes, he has committed crimes, but by committing them he informed a nation about the lack of privacy and freedom they had. I don't know much about the documents he leaked about foreign operations etc, but many of the leaks have benefited the public. 

With regards to Russia, firstly he is in Russia illegally, and only allowed to stay there because they let him. I think he realises that if he starts speaking out about civil rights in Russia that he will not be allowed to stay there very long, and he doesn't have many other countries to go to. And really what good would him speaking about it be? He had something of value to give in America, in russia all he has is his opinion. So you cannot "assume" anything. I don't speak out against gay/lesbian discrimination, yet that does not mean I hate gay/lesbian people.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

We don't need hypotheticals since we already know its happening, that's the point. I don't have to imagine since they ARE doing it AND putting lives at risk... you know publishing American Soldiers names among the many other things.

And the UK doesn't have enemies? Seriously, you really want to go with THAT? What the hell are you on about! Man you really are living in a small little bubble. I guess the whole "using the Scottish Independence to undercut UK power" was never said then? Isn't it sad, as an American I know more about the UK threats then Her own citizens. How about North Korea, Iran, China, Syria, Islamic Extremists... didn't you have problem not long ago with a few extremists and one of your own Soldiers was killed? Of course, nah, no enemies at all! Then you have Abdul Waheed Majeed, who was a British Born Muslim that did some nasty things recently and is thought to be taught by a radical cleric. Huh, ain't that interesting. But nope, we're Switzerland over here in the UK, nothing to see here!

The acts of extremist individuals don't define a nations enemies.

I too live in the UK, and I agree with rentaspoon

Treason

Edit: Remember when Snowden claimed he could tap into everyone, then it came out he had to hack into everything just to get the information? How about how much Snowden made as a salary. Not to mention the searches that Snowden claimed to be able to do had to be audited afterwords, and required prior approval to issue a search of the data. Even the reporter Greenwald had to admit that Snowden was full of it! Interesting! Why did the "hero" Snowden lie I wonder.

You're talking like a 1950's conspiracy theorist.

You say not to believe everything you read and then quote articles which are biased and inflamatory.

Your arguments are based on false facts from baised sources

I was actually gonna say the same thing in reply to @affa7336

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Maybe these kinds of topics should include a disclaimer: Constructive comments only.

Discussing what could have happened if Snowden went through proper channels strikes me as a missing-the-point thought experiment. He did what he did, and no amount of bickering is going to change that. All we have left to do is sit and observe the long-term events that unfold after the fact; we need some distance between us and Snowden's actions. Then and only then can we discuss whether what he did was good or bad, but it will take years.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I better reply to this part: I can bet that China and most likely NK already knew 90% of what Snowden leaked, they have far better sources than him. You say he hacked in, well if he can do it then they certainly can.If china declared war based off documents leaked by one man, then they would not be the strong nation they are, they would be a scared nation. NK is the only country who doesn't seem to know the implications of Nuclear war, and would be the most likely to do something rash. what you are saying is outlandish and over the top, and not the important thing to be taken from what snowden has done.

In reply to you edit- idk really if snowden is "full of it" the facts are simple: He is stranded in a country with a lack of freedom and rights, and as soon as he is no longer relevant could be thrown out.He took that risk, and it has benefited the american and international people. He has not benefited from it, he has lost a lot.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Maybe these kinds of topics should include a disclaimer: Constructive comments only.

Discussing what could have happened if Snowden went through proper channels strikes me as a missing-the-point thought experiment. He did what he did, and no amount of bickering is going to change that. All we have left to do is sit and observe the long-term events that unfold after the fact; we need some distance between us and Snowden's actions. Then and only then can we discuss whether what he did was good or bad, but it will take years.

It is important to discuss because it would have been the main motive for leaking the documents, if he had had the freedom to discuss it, I doubt he would have done what he did. And I am simply trying to defend a man who has shed light on a lot of issues.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

What's funny is that before Snowden's actions, you would have been laughed at and given a gag gift board game.....

conspiracy.jpg

After Snowden, this seems more real......

obama-share-everything.jpg

Meaning this is the future......

miranda-warning.jpg?w=574&h=556

4+ Years on Steam - Profile Name: Nimbus ~l~ Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ~l~ ASUS Z87 Pro ATX Intel Motherboard ~l~ Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz Processor ~l~

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Superclocked w/ACX Cooler 3072MB GDDR5 Video Card ~l~ Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 8GB Memory Modules) ~l~

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) ~l~ Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7,200 RPM Internal Hard Drive ~l~ Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply ~l~ NZXT Crafted Series Phantom 410 Mid Tower ATX - Black

You're talking like a 1950's conspiracy theorist.

You say not to believe everything you read and then quote articles which are biased and inflamatory.

Your arguments are based on false facts from baised sources

Treason

Based on Law

We know for a FACT that Russia uses SORM and SORM II, and we also know that they are attacking Gays and Lesbians, and cracking down on the opposition. Unless you have facts to state otherwise?

Snowden stated he made 200k a year when in reality it was only 122k I believe is what BAH reported.

As for Snowden initiating a tap at any time, Greenwald had to admit this was wrong.

Instead of saying I am doing something, show me facts when you call me a liar will ya.

Yes because all I pointed out was extremists... We just skipped over all the other Countries I named... Nice. I guess since you believe that there are no Enemies to the UK, you'd be willing to dismantle your entire Military right? Why do you need it, you don't have any enemies to speak of.

Yes, he has committed crimes, but by committing them he informed a nation about the lack of privacy and freedom they had. I don't know much about the documents he leaked about foreign operations etc, but many of the leaks have benefited the public. 

With regards to Russia, firstly he is in Russia illegally, and only allowed to stay there because they let him. I think he realises that if he starts speaking out about civil rights in Russia that he will not be allowed to stay there very long, and he doesn't have many other countries to go to. And really what good would him speaking about it be? He had something of value to give in America, in russia all he has is his opinion. So you cannot "assume" anything. I don't speak out against gay/lesbian discrimination, yet that does not mean I hate gay/lesbian people.

You're one of those people... So it's okay I killed a bus load of kids then, because I showed that there was an abuse of government? Would that fit into your criteria there or where do you draw the line? Two wrongs, never ever ever make a right. Pretending it does is wrong... and many of his leaks haven't, thats the problem! People misunderstand what he leaks all the time.

Okay, lets give one of them a spin... He leaked that the NSA uses Angry Birds to gather data. Public interest, you would think, right? Except what is always failed to mention is that it is ONLY used against valid targets. Let me repeat that Valid Targets. Now, what Snowden did there is give information of how our Intelligence arm gathers intelligence on targets, and now THEY can avoid them. Interesting how that works.

And its called being a hypocrite, and he already is one.

Oh and off the DNI (Director of National Intelligence) website, we find these wonderful gems of a questions answered, because it seems I have to do a lot of the legwork when people make statements that are false about "whistleblowing". (Research peoples!)

What is Reportable?

The IC IG is authorized to investigate complaints or information concerning allegations of a violation of law, rule, regulation, waste, fraud, abuse of authority, or a substantial or specific danger to public health and safety in connection with ODNI and/or IC intelligence programs and activities.

Can I Be Punished for Contacting the IC IG?

Reprisal against an employee for making a complaint or disclosing information to the IC IG is prohibited. Those who believe they have been subjected to reprisal due to a complaint or disclosure, should contact the IC IG immediately. Protection from reprisal does not extend to an employee who makes a complaint or discloses information with knowledge that the complaint or information is false or with wilful disregard for its truth or falsity.

It is important to discuss because it would have been the main motive for leaking the documents, if he had had the freedom to discuss it, I doubt he would have done what he did. And I am simply trying to defend a man who has shed light on a lot of issues.

I understand, but my point was regarding discussion on the outcome of his decisions, not his motives. His motives may have been pure, maybe they weren't. However, we won't know for a while whether his actions were objectively good or bad.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Treason

Based on Law

We know for a FACT that Russia uses SORM and SORM II, and we also know that they are attacking Gays and Lesbians, and cracking down on the opposition. Unless you have facts to state otherwise?

Snowden stated he made 200k a year when in reality it was only 122k I believe is what BAH reported.

As for Snowden initiating a tap at any time, Greenwald had to admit this was wrong.

Instead of saying I am doing something, show me facts when you call me a liar will ya.

Yes because all I pointed out was extremists... We just skipped over all the other Countries I named... Nice. I guess since you believe that there are no Enemies to the UK, you'd be willing to dismantle your entire Military right? Why do you need it, you don't have any enemies to speak of.

Ok, I'm not going to try and argue with you.

You're not making valid arguments and you're impossible to debate with.

Your views are extremist and you're not open to other peoples opinions... or other peoples facts for that matter

Ok, I'm not going to try and argue with you.

You're not making valid arguments and you're impossible to debate with.

Your views are extremist and you're not open to other peoples opinions... or other peoples facts for that matter

AGAIN, what did I say wrong... Interesting you haven't pointed ANYTHING out that was factually incorrect other then to say it was doing it. I'm actually left to defend everything in the post, which I did. Would you mind providing links to what I got wrong, or shall I start linking everything including the rules of law for you? Without it, what would you have me do exactly? Just nod and agree with you, because you say so?

Oh and next time, don't like being called out, read... I didn't say extremists were the only one, but you clued into just a few words of many. I actually gave details for several Countries, if you can believe it, oh how that was wrong I guess.

AGAIN, what did I say wrong... Interesting you haven't pointed ANYTHING out that was factually incorrect other then to say it was doing it. I'm actually left to defend everything in the post, which I did. Would you mind providing links to what I got wrong, or shall I start linking everything including the rules of law for you? Without it, what would you have me do exactly? Just nod and agree with you, because you say so?

Oh and next time, don't like being called out, read... I didn't say extremists were the only one, but you clued into just a few words of many. I actually gave details for several Countries, if you can believe it, oh how that was wrong I guess.

Yea ok

Like I said, I'm not going to argue with you, it's pointless.

Your facts are from biased sources, so yes you have a source, but no evidence.

Your arguments are all fine based on what you've stated to be "facts."

What I'm disputing is that what you're stating to be fact, actually is fact.

Isn't the military also there for protection against potential threats? It would be a stupid idea to completely get rid of it, but the UK's armed forces have been shrinking for a while now. I'd like to think we're heading to where Japan is now, having no active military, and just forces for self defense. 

Isn't the military also there for protection against potential threats? It would be a stupid idea to completely get rid of it, but the UK's armed forces have been shrinking for a while now. I'd like to think we're heading to where Japan is now, having no active military, and just forces for self defense. 

Precisely

Treason

Based on Law

You're one of those people... So it's okay I killed a bus load of kids then, because I showed that there was an abuse of government? Would that fit into your criteria there or where do you draw the line? Two wrongs, never ever ever make a right. Pretending it does is wrong... and many of his leaks haven't, thats the problem! People misunderstand what he leaks all the time.

Okay, lets give one of them a spin... He leaked that the NSA uses Angry Birds to gather data. Public interest, you would think, right? Except what is always failed to mention is that it is ONLY used against valid targets. Let me repeat that Valid Targets. Now, what Snowden did there is give information of how our Intelligence arm gathers intelligence on targets, and now THEY can avoid them. Interesting how that works.

And its called being a hypocrite, and he already is one.

Oh and off the DNI (Director of National Intelligence) website, we find these wonderful gems of a questions answered, because it seems I have to do a lot of the legwork when people make statements that are false about "whistleblowing". (Research peoples!)

What is Reportable?

The IC IG is authorized to investigate complaints or information concerning allegations of a violation of law, rule, regulation, waste, fraud, abuse of authority, or a substantial or specific danger to public health and safety in connection with ODNI and/or IC intelligence programs and activities.

Can I Be Punished for Contacting the IC IG?

Reprisal against an employee for making a complaint or disclosing information to the IC IG is prohibited. Those who believe they have been subjected to reprisal due to a complaint or disclosure, should contact the IC IG immediately. Protection from reprisal does not extend to an employee who makes a complaint or discloses information with knowledge that the complaint or information is false or with wilful disregard for its truth or falsity.

Who cares how much money Snowden made? It has no relevance to his actions.

One of what people? He killed no kids, so don't go off on an extreme hypothetical to try to prove a point... I believe that when an action has more benefits than negatives it is worth doing it, and it is up to each person to decide whether or not the benefits outweigh the negatives.

There are always negatives to doing something. A show in the UK called "The Real Hustle" tells people how to avoid being conned by showing them how the cons are performed - Some people will see how the con is performed and then take steps to avoid it, and small number will attempt to use the cons(but far less than avoid it). It is a fact of life that there are negatives to everything.

As I said above : I understand that he had other options to try to get changes made, but do you honestly believe that the NSA would allow half as much of the information that Snowden leaked to be put in the public domain. Lets use one of your hypotheticals - if my boss was beating people would go to him to complain about him beating people? The NSA would have made some minor changes to how they worked, (perhaps only if it caught media attention) and then the public would have been left in the dark just as much. What he did has given a lot of coverage to these issues, with many other organisations under scrutiny as a result. And hopefully some reform will come of all this.

Doubt that will ever happen, the UK has too much pride in it's military.

Edit and I think it best for them to keep a military, if only to deter wars in other countries

Your views are extremist

That is it exactly

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Doubt that will ever happen, the UK has too much pride in it's military.

Maybe, but we don't really need it anymore. We're done building an empire, now it's time to sit back. 

Who cares how much money Snowden made? It has no relevance to his actions.

One of what people? He killed no kids, so don't go off on an extreme hypothetical to try to prove a point... I believe that when an action has more benefits than negatives it is worth doing it, and it is up to each person to decide whether or not  the benefits outweigh the negatives.

There are always negatives to doing something. A show in the UK called "The Real Hustle" tells people how to avoid being conned by showing them how the cons are performed - Some people will see how the con is performed and then take steps to avoid it, and small number will attempt to use the cons(but far less than avoid it). It is a fact of life that there are negatives to everything.

As I said above : I understand that he had other options to try to get changes made, but do you honestly believe that the NSA would allow half as much of the information that Snowden leaked to  be put in the public domain. Lets use one of your hypotheticals - if my boss was beating people would go to him to complain about him beating people? The NSA would have made some minor changes to how they worked, (perhaps only if it caught media attention) and then the public would have been left in the dark just as much. What he did has given a lot of coverage to these issues, with many other organisations under scrutiny as a result. And hopefully some reform will come of all this.

Yes! This!

The boss analogy is perfect

Maybe, but we don't really need it anymore. We're done building an empire, now it's time to sit back. 

What if Russia decides to invade Ukraine, or if North Korea invades South Korea- the US need strong allies 

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

What if Russia decides to invade Ukraine, or if North Korea invades South Korea- the US need strong allies 

I would like to think that we wouldn't be interested in going to war, but I doubt that will happen. It's very unlikely that we will get rid of the active military, seeing as we're still one of the greater powers in the world.