Can I mix two different cas latencies?

Hello I am planning to buy a new ram stick for dual channeling, so I checked if the ram frequencies are the same, Yes they are the same, and then I checked the Cas Latency, and then I realized that they are different, one is CL15 and one is CL17, I dont know if it will work properly please give me an answer.

1 minute ago, The General said:

Hello I am planning to buy a new ram stick for dual channeling, so I checked if the ram frequencies are the same, Yes they are the same, and then I checked the Cas Latency, and then I realized that they are different, one is CL15 and one is CL17, I dont know if it will work properly please give me an answer.

Yes, you can mix them. Your PC will just use all the RAM at the slower speed.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

10 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Yes, you can mix them. Your PC will just use all the RAM at the slower speed.

^ this could happen but the imc could get confused 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

^ this could happen but the imc could get confused

Why would it get confused?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Why would it get confused?

If it's different frequency it won't matter 

It will run the sticks at the same speed as the slowest one 

But if it's different cas latency then that's a different story

You might have to manually put one of the other at the same cas latency

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

If it's different frequency it won't matter 

It will run the sticks at the same speed as the slowest one 

But if it's different cas latency then that's a different story

You might have to manually put one of the other at the same cas latency

It has been possible to mix and match sticks for a couple of decades now, it's not some fancy, new and experimental technology. Also, latency-settings are already part of the frequency-settings, so there is no difference from implementation-standpoint.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

It has been possible to mix and match sticks for a couple of decades now, it's not some fancy, new and experimental technology. Also, latency-settings are already part of the frequency-settings, so there is no difference from implementation-standpoint.

I guess i could be wrong 

For the most that's what I usually recommends

If it works it works ;)

Build Log: