Hennessey Venom gt hits record 270.49 MPH(435.31 KM/H)

bob345

Hennessey is like a bunch of guys building Kit cars (not saying that's a bad thing) they aren't really in the same league as Koenigsegg even though Koenigsegg work out of an aircraft hangar. 

The Venom GT is impressive but it seems glued together to me. :/

while the venom is far far far off being in the same league as Koeninigsseegggeeseisigg, its far above a kit car... 

Still just fast in a straight line cars, no true High-Performance cars, who the fuck wants a 800+hp truck. The Venom GT probably won't even beat a Nissan GT-R on the Nordschleife(Nürburgring). And what's even more cheap than a "kit-car" ? Yeah, incomplete tuner cars.

exactly!

It just has too much focus on straight line speed which isn't applicable in racing as much as some would think. Even though there is the long straight at Nordschleife it still wouldn't make up that time.

lol, you guys are funny.  just cause a car is fast in a straight line doesn't mean its useless in the corners...  is it the best handling car, no, far from it.  can it hold its own? yes, very much so.  I can't say for sure which car is faster around the 'ring, but I really doubt it'd be the gtr.  ofcourse you'd have to be one hell of a driver to hustle a 1200 hp car around the 'ring though.  I honestly think the venom's biggest weak spot for a fast ring time is the huge power...  ofcourse then can put a driver adjustable boost controller in the car, turn down the boost for the twisty bits and open it up on the straights...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

lol, you guys are funny.  just cause a car is fast in a straight line doesn't mean its useless in the corners...  is it the best handling car, no, far from it.  can it hold its own? yes, very much so.  I can't say for sure which car is faster around the 'ring, but I really doubt it'd be the gtr.  ofcourse you'd have to be one hell of a driver to hustle a 1200 hp car around the 'ring though.  I honestly think the venom's biggest weak spot for a fast ring time is the huge power...  ofcourse then can put a driver adjustable boost controller in the car, turn down the boost for the twisty bits and open it up on the straights...

Having driven a lot of rounds over the Nordschleife already and having experienced a ride with an incredible driver in a GT-R over this beautiful strech of a track, I think that the Venom would loose 8/10 to a GT-R, simply because of the lack of grip/technology. 

I'm not too familiar with the diffs and general chassis of the Venom GT, but considering it's basically half Lotus and half tubular frame and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have sophisticated technology as Porsche, McLaren and Nissan have, putting it automatically at a disadvantage, because the skill of the driver can only compensate the lack of something to a certain extend. And then of course comes the power into play, 1200hp can be tamed, already seen Toyota Supra's with similar power rocketing over the Nordschleife, but of course they couldn't go as much as they could on the straight, and since you only really have two, maybe three points if you're ballsy enough to really unleash the full power of the car (Stretch to Schwedenkreuz, (stretch down to Fuchsröhre) and Döttinger Höhe) and if that's enough to really compensate for the defensive driving you have to do when approaching turns and exiting them? I don't think so. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Having driven a lot of rounds over the Nordschleife already and having experienced a ride with an incredible driver in a GT-R over this beautiful strech of a track, I think that the Venom would loose 8/10 to a GT-R, simply because of the lack of grip/technology. 

I'm not too familiar with the diffs and general chassis of the Venom GT, but considering it's basically half Lotus and half tubular frame and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have sophisticated technology as Porsche, McLaren and Nissan have, putting it automatically at a disadvantage, because the skill of the driver can only compensate the lack of something to a certain extend. And then of course comes the power into play, 1200hp can be tamed, already seen Toyota Supra's with similar power rocketing over the Nordschleife, but of course they couldn't go as much as they could on the straight, and since you only really have two, maybe three points if you're ballsy enough to really unleash the full power of the car (Stretch to Schwedenkreuz, (stretch down to Fuchsröhre) and Döttinger Höhe) and if that's enough to really compensate for the defensive driving you have to do when approaching turns and exiting them? I don't think so. 

oh I know 1200 hp can be tamed, as I said in my previous post, it needs to be one hell of a driver...

and why are we talking about Porsche and McLaren?  those 2 are a good 25+ seconds faster...   

but anyway, its useless sitting here bench racing, but I think everyone here (going off the posts I've seen in this thread so far) is severely underestimating the venom handling wise.  If I had to bet on it, my money would go on the Venom over the GT-R for 'ring times

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

and why are we talking about Porsche and McLaren?  those 2 are a good 25+ seconds faster...   

but anyway, its useless sitting here bench racing, but I think everyone here (going off the posts I've seen in this thread so far) is severely underestimating the venom handling wise.  If I had to bet on it, my money would go on the Venom over the GT-R for 'ring times

I was bringing Porsche and especially McLaren into play because these manufactures show, what technology can do and in the end improve. 

But again, I don't think, that the Venom GT is really all that great handling wise. I'm not going to be the guy, who says it sucks going around corners, but I think part of reason why so many people may be underestimating the Venom is, that we only see the car going around canyon roads at moderate speeds and in the straight line. Not to mention, that again, the car is basically just patched together and I don't think that you have as much budget that could've gone into R&D than with manufactures like McLaren, Nissan, Toyota or Porsche and therefor I just don't think that'll be ready for the job to go around the Nordschleife, this car was never meant to set lap records but rather speed records. People buy this car to get a thrill of acceleration and speed and not insane G's and lap times and that's why I dare to say, that it's not going to be beat the GT-R. 

Yes, the GT-R is heavier and less powerful, but the overall acceleration of the car is insane, the overall torque band is pretty incredible and last from the very bottom to almost red line, and not to mention the clever diffs and the AWD system that compensates A LOT for what the car lacks. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I was bringing Porsche and especially McLaren into play because these manufactures show, what technology can do and in the end improve. 

But again, I don't think, that the Venom GT is really all that great handling wise. I'm not going to be the guy, who says it sucks going around corners, but I think part of reason why so many people may be underestimating the Venom is, that we only see the car going around canyon roads at moderate speeds and in the straight line. Not to mention, that again, the car is basically just patched together and I don't think that you have as much budget that could've gone into R&D than with manufactures like McLaren, Nissan, Toyota or Porsche and therefor I just don't think that'll be ready for the job to go around the Nordschleife, this car was never meant to set lap records but rather speed records. People buy this car to get a thrill of acceleration and speed and not insane G's and lap times and that's why I dare to say, that it's not going to be beat the GT-R. 

Yes, the GT-R is heavier and less powerful, but the overall acceleration of the car is insane, the overall torque band is pretty incredible and last from the very bottom to almost red line, and not to mention the clever diffs and the AWD system that compensates A LOT for what the car lacks. 

I think the reason why you don't see the venom going break neck speeds on canyon road is cause people are scared of that power... not cause its not capable of it...  anyway, whats the GTR 'ring time right now? I wanna say 7m 22s???  I think the venom can do better than that, considering cars like the viper and zr1 did it in the 7m-teen's range

edit:

just looked it up, the latest GTR time is 7m 8sec, I'm not so sure anymore... I was thinking the 7m mid 20's time for the gtr.

remind my how fast was an F1 again? But can it run Crysis?

Also did someone say Intel is faster and AMD?

Also also, THIS is what I call a car!

I think the reason why you don't see the venom going break neck speeds on canyon road is cause people are scared of that power... not cause its not capable of it...  anyway, whats the GTR 'ring time right now? I wanna say 7m 22s???  I think the venom can do better than that, considering cars like the viper and zr1 did it in the 7m-teen's range

edit:

just looked it up, the latest GTR time is 7m 8sec, I'm not so sure anymore... I was thinking the 7m mid 20's time for the gtr.

Yeah, and the reason why people can't utilize the full potential of the engine, is probably the reason why it's not going to as fast, simple as that. If a strong diff isn't limiting the slip when going fast through the corner the whole car is going to dance a Waltzer. 

remind my how fast was an F1 again? But can it run Crysis?

Also did someone say Intel is faster and AMD?

Also also, THIS is what I call a car!

A F1 car will NEVER be as quick as this, it's not even reach 400km/h anymore. The former V12 and V10's were at least able with little downforce to reach somewhere around 370, but 400? Nope. 

I agree, the Veyron looks (and drives) like crap, but the Hennessey is no better IMO.

I don't know what you're talking about. Neither of these cars look like crap at all. If these two cars look and drive like crap than 99.99% of all other cars in existence look absolutely terrible and disgusting, and are incredibly putrid to drive.

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Yeah, and the reason why people can't utilize the full potential of the engine, is probably the reason why it's not going to as fast, simple as that. If a strong diff isn't limiting the slip when going fast through the corner the whole car is going to dance a Waltzer. 

A F1 car will NEVER be as quick as this, it's not even reach 400km/h anymore. The former V12 and V10's were at least able with little downforce to reach somewhere around 370, but 400? Nope. 

you're gonna need a lot more than a fancy diff to keep a rwd 1200hp car in line...  and actually cars with LSD's tend to step out more under accel out of a corner than cars with an open diff... and open diff you'll just typically spin the inside wheel and go more or less where the cars is pointing...

about F1, you're talking km right?  Honda took the wing off one of their F1 cars and took it to salt flats, prolly about 10 years ago...  IIRC they hit around 250mph on it

you're gonna need a lot more than a fancy diff to keep a rwd 1200hp car in line...  and actually cars with LSD's tend to step out more under accel out of a corner than cars with an open diff... and open diff you'll just typically spin the inside wheel and go more or less where the cars is pointing...

about F1, you're talking km right?  Honda took the wing off one of their F1 cars and took it to salt flats, prolly about 10 years ago...  IIRC they hit around 250mph on it

Yeah, the discussion is still pretty pointless. I don't think Hennessey would ever take it to the Nordschleife to attempt to break the lap record. 

Yeah km/h, and yeah it shows why these cars won't reach higher speeds, too much drag and downforce.

Yeah, the discussion is still pretty pointless. I don't think Hennessey would ever take it to the Nordschleife to attempt to break the lap record. 

Yeah km/h, and yeah it shows why these cars won't reach higher speeds, too much drag and downforce.

he actually mentioned that in a few of the vids I watched on this car... but somehow I doubt he'll actually do it...

I don't know what you're talking about. Neither of these cars look like crap at all. If these two cars look and drive like crap than 99.99% of all other cars in existence look absolutely terrible and disgusting, and are incredibly putrid to drive.

The Hennessey looks like a really long and buff Lotus, and the Veyron looks like a squashed Beetle.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I would never want to drive the venom at Nordschleife. The thing would just kill you on that track.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

'MURICA.

Now we wait for the Germans to try and beat it with another Veyron.

You mean the french? It as originally the French, but now is by the Germans.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

You mean the french?

Well, VW does own them and VW is German..

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Well, VW does own them and VW is German..

Yuh Yuh oaky.........

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I would never want to drive the venom at Nordschleife. The thing would just kill you on that track.

agree'd, I managed to have a couple pucker moments in a Renault Clio...

Depending on how skilled the driver is, yes it'll kill you quicker than you think. 

Our Discussions here are completely meaningless anyway, this car came into existence and made every other Street Car completely obsolete <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb8tGX-HPQE

I love that P1, but still... Porsche beat it's as already once, or rather twice

Porsche-918-Spyder-Nurburgring-Lap-Recor

Veyron achieved a higher speed still so whats the buzz ??

The Veyron topped out at 254.04 mph driven by Anthony Liu. Thats lower then the Venom GT. Which numbers do you have? 

http://www.carthrottle.com/heres-your-first-proper-look-at-koenigseggs-veyron-slaying-280mph-hypercar/

looks like koenigsegg has their answer. If the thing really does do 280 that would be insane.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

And along comes a new verson of Veyron and simply smashes that record.

Problem is.. the Veyron ran out of speed to increase, whereas the Venom ran out of track.

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

Problem is.. the Veyron ran out of speed to increase, whereas the Venom ran out of track.

From John Henessey's AMA yesterday:

Watch our video on YouTube (3 million views in 3 days thanks to you) and you can see the Venom is still pulling strong at 270. VBox GPS data showed the car going from 260-270 mph in just over 10 sec. At just under 400 ft. per sec. I am guessing that we could have run 275-278 mph if we had another mile of runway or road. So to me personally, its clear that even at 270 mph the car is not close to being maxed out. 

Besides, the way Guinness does it's validation, the car has to maintain it's top speed over an average of 1KM, which of course is only possible on VW's Ehra-Lessien test track. Hennessey already screwed itself over by stating it was only going to make 29 Venom GTs (making it more exclusive than a Veyron by having one less unit), which of course is in direct violation fo the updated Guinness rules requiring 30 production vehicles. Also from his AMA, he didn't really care about the Guinness record and preferred to have an independent contractor like RaceLogic confirm their data.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB