How much less crappy is BF?

madman1876

I did not get it at launch as I was waiting on a price drop but after hearing how much glitches were in the game I decided to wait a bit longer. So for people who have played the game TODAY after the most recent patch, could you give me an idea how less buggy it is now?

Loves PC Games :D

Well, it still doesn't open, so there's that.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It's fine for me. Just random lag spikes here and there but not gamebreaking in any way

Works just fine for me.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

The only problem I've had for weeks in no sound sometimes, that's apparently fixed though.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Always has worked fine for me from day 1. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

It worked beautifully for me until the last patch. Now I cant play some of the maps and the maps I cant play seem to change themselves about. So I am waiting for the next patch to patch the patch.

To be fair to the game I haven't had the time to troubleshoot what might be causing the issue so it might be my pc.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

I get the DirectX Error message crash even though i am using 100% Mantle. Also lag spikes are still very dominant. For me it crashes aprox. every 30 minutes.

who cares...

I can say that BF4 isn't as fun as BF3 / Bad company 2. It runs just fine on my machine though.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

I've been playing for hours since I got it a week ago. Not a single problem.

Netcode is still poo and the gameplay feels dated. However that last bit is my opinion. If you are into BF go re download at your own risk.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

eh i have been playing it a bit more still getting a bit annoyed at times but it isnt as bad 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Client side hit registration is very annoying and they have nerfed some guns without telling anyone while leaving the OP ones to still well be OP.

I can say that BF4 isn't as fun as BF3 / Bad company 2. It runs just fine on my machine though.

Does anyone else agree?

Does anyone else agree?

never played bad company but I enjoy bf4 more than bf3. There's just more to it.

I have been enjoying playing it recently no problems so far, other than rubber banding and the occasional "wtf how did that sniper get me?"

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Runs perfectly fine on both my systems. You run in to the odd shitty server that hasn't been restarted in ages though, rubberbanding here you come!

I have been enjoying playing it recently no problems so far, other than rubber banding and the occasional "wtf how did that sniper get me?"

This occasionally happens to me in bf3 so its not a new issue. Bad servers i think

I did not get it at launch as I was waiting on a price drop but after hearing how much glitches were in the game I decided to wait a bit longer. So for people who have played the game TODAY after the most recent patch, could you give me an idea how less buggy it is now?

I'm enjoying bf4 so much more than i ever did bf3.I had crashes couple of times,but it happens so rarely especially nowadays

I get some laggy/stutter spikes that came along with the Mantle patch - but I am on 680 SLI.

My main concern is the netcode is still really poor. There is a significant amount of inbuilt lag inside of the game and attacking around corners is dramatically better than defending, you'll win 90% of fair fights if you are the one attacking as you'll see the enemy before they see you by anywhere up to 200ms earlier. The fact the tickrate on the server seems limited to 10 and the client around 30 tells you a lot about the technical "chops" of the game and the reason why there is so much lag. With 100ms between each server resolution of activity its no wonder everyone is getting horrible lag all the time.

There are various other core mechanics issues including the fire not going to where you are aiming and other problems all of which amount to it being a bit hit and miss to aim and shoot in the game, which is a real shame. The graphics are the typical overbloomed/over HDRed battlefield 4 style which I wish was toned down a lot.

I enjoy the game but I am always disappointed by it, it could be great but it ends up being a bit poor. Still a lot of bugs in the game, most of the mechanics based now rather than crashing bugs but no less serious.