Trying to stream but the usage of CPU is too high?

Greetings everyone, I don't know properly if I should be posting here or if it should be in another topic to start with. But getting into the theme anyway..
So i'm trying to start streaming on my computer without using a capture card, but for some reason CPU usage reaches 80-90% even if my encoding is being done by the GPU (NVENC encoding), which honestly doesn't happen at all.
I've tried OBS, SLOBS and Twitch Studio, but all of them reaches a superb amount of a minimum usage of 70%.

Computer specs:

• Intel i5-7400 3.0Ghz
  • 8GB RAM
  • 1TB HDD SATA 3
  • NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti 4GB VRAM

If more information is needed I'll be pleased to give it so I can solve this as fast as possible. I've thought about upgrading parts of my computer (which I considered about it but not sure which ones I should) and even a 2 PC setup but currently I want to stream only using this one and in the future move into a 2 pc setup instead.

2 minutes ago, Jonnyriam said:

Intel i5-7400 3.0Ghz

yea thats your issue, those will struggle even if the gpu is encoding and your playing a game. Probably best bet is to get something like amd 3000 serives or 10th gen intel as there isn't much to upgrade to on your current board.

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

yea thats your issue, those will struggle even if the gpu is encoding and your playing a game. Probably best bet is to get something like amd 3000 serives or 10th gen intel as there isn't much to upgrade to on your current board.

Well I've thought about it, but then I've started noticing something, my graphics wasn't supposedly encoding anything (supposedly). At least it wasn't showing anything upon the Task Manager. But either way, which processor would we be talking about +/-

32 minutes ago, Jonnyriam said:

But either way, which processor would we be talking about +/-

Depends on your budget. It will have to include the cpu and the motherboard. Most likely amd though.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

33 minutes ago, Jonnyriam said:

Well I've thought about it, but then I've started noticing something, my graphics wasn't supposedly encoding anything (supposedly). At least it wasn't showing anything upon the Task Manager. But either way, which processor would we be talking about +/-

Your CPU is a major bottleneck in this case. Look at a 3600 if you want to stream anything remotely demanding

What settings? Also disregard any suggestions about AMD. It would be waste of money as you can get used i7 for cheaper than new mobo and CPU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

What settings? Also disregard any suggestions about AMD. It would be waste of money as you can get used i7 for cheaper than new mobo and CPU.

Currently I'm using these settings on OBS.

image.png.604591cf83a843e0036f618190946012.png

image.png.598565bbfc0b08daa3d2b0b1b097135b.png

Here is why I'm doing this post. GPU usage is nearly none, while my CPU is being over used. i only have one item active and it's a WebM file which should considerably lower the CPU usage, theoretically.

image.thumb.png.3fa6660470f6980cd5015a22998e7dbc.pngimage.thumb.png.1709a3206df3e02ca789975b7b476b0c.png

About the AMD, I was thinking the same and currently thinking about doing a tiny upgrade on it too.

40 minutes ago, Jonnyriam said:

Currently I'm using these settings on OBS.

image.png.604591cf83a843e0036f618190946012.png

image.png.598565bbfc0b08daa3d2b0b1b097135b.png

Here is why I'm doing this post. GPU usage is nearly none, while my CPU is being over used. i only have one item active and it's a WebM file which should considerably lower the CPU usage, theoretically.

image.thumb.png.3fa6660470f6980cd5015a22998e7dbc.pngimage.thumb.png.1709a3206df3e02ca789975b7b476b0c.png

About the AMD, I was thinking the same and currently thinking about doing a tiny upgrade on it too.

Have you looked at these https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/guides/broadcasting-guide/?

Is GPU being utilized normally when you are gaming? That low usage could be driver related. Another thing is that you could select GPU to 1. It shouldn't matter, but for troubleshooting you try bit of everything.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

24 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Have you looked at these https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/guides/broadcasting-guide/?

Is GPU being utilized normally when you are gaming? That low usage could be driver related. Another thing is that you could select GPU to 1. It shouldn't matter, but for troubleshooting you try bit of everything.

Yup I've saw that before, that's why my bitrate is around 4000.

Playing some Rocket League just to test it, and it goes like this, it's currently on main menu.

image.png.3bc03c49207011e9e8a4ae487b39ea99.png

Made GPU 1 as you've said but didn't notice any differences sadly. Still the CPU usage is massive with low GPU usage, even though i think that 0 refers to which GPU the encoding should go and since I would have one it refers to GPU 0, but it always worth trying

image.thumb.png.62f7f418b5526600c731c25d4d6b97ab.png

1 minute ago, Jonnyriam said:

Yup I've saw that before, that's why my bitrate is around 4000.

Playing some Rocket League just to test it, and it goes like this, it's currently on main menu.

image.png.3bc03c49207011e9e8a4ae487b39ea99.png

Made GPU 1 as you've said but didn't notice any differences sadly. Still the CPU usage is massive with low GPU usage, even though i think that 0 refers to which GPU the encoding should go and since I would have one it refers to GPU 0, but it always worth trying

image.thumb.png.62f7f418b5526600c731c25d4d6b97ab.png

Sadly I can't troubleshoot this further. I assume you have GeForce Experience installed (only other thing I can think of).

I can say that if you can game ok while streaming, you could drop bitrate to 2700-3200kbps which is enough for 720p30 and would give CPU some more breathing room.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Sadly I can't troubleshoot this further. I assume you have GeForce Experience installed (only other thing I can think of).

I can say that if you can game ok while streaming, you could drop bitrate to 2700-3200kbps which is enough for 720p30 and would give CPU some more breathing room.

Yes, checked if my graphic card is updated, and everything checks. The only thing I can't seem to understand is how does one media source uses 30% + of it. and yup i can game pretty decently without a problem honestly. Starting to consider if it isn't something in my BIOS.