Not enough connectors on motherboard for Kraken x73?

5 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

We don't live in 1980, the computers nowadays are space age technology, everything is automated, so yeah they are al also based on task

Oh right, I was reading up and thought some connectors make fans run at 100%. Maybe that’s only if it’s connected to the PSU molex cables? 

Just now, Zadon said:

Oh right, I was reading up and thought some connectors make fans run at 100%. Maybe that’s only if it’s connected to the PSU molex cables? 

Yeah, if connected to psu, there is no way to control the speed of the fans, because they are not connected to the smart motherboard.

But connected to the motherboard, yeah they should all be controllable. The default in the bios might be 100% for some of them, but you can change that if needed. But it your configuration it should right out the box.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

6 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah, if connected to psu, there is no way to control the speed of the fans, because they are not connected to the smart motherboard.

But connected to the motherboard, yeah they should all be controllable. The default in the bios might be 100% for some of them, but you can change that if needed. But it your configuration it should right out the box.

Thank you for the reply. Hopefully the splitter I purchased and the setup I have in mind runs well and I have no issues. I’ll put another reply here if I have anymore questions along with how it goes when it’s all connected and setup.

5 hours ago, Zadon said:

Thank you for the reply. Hopefully the splitter I purchased and the setup I have in mind runs well and I have no issues. I’ll put another reply here if I have anymore questions along with how it goes when it’s all connected and setup.

sorry for the delay in replying your fan splitter should work fine.

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Hi again, an update.

So my case fans connected to CHA_FAN1 and 2 fine, looks like it locked in place and can’t be pulled out easily. 

It seems that the Kraken x73 wire that connects to CPU_FAN doesn’t properly lock? I’ve tried to connect it to other fan connectors and it’s the same. I am positive I am putting it in the correct way as this is the only way where it goes into the connector. Any help please?

Is this one suppose to click into place or just slide in?

I have just checked with my splitter and it’s the same, it’s not locking into place, once it’s in, a small pull removed it from the connector. is this how it’s suppose to be?