BUFFET OR RESTAURANT POLL

billcxsby

Buffet Vs. Restaurant (Same food, around the same quality)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather eat an (all you can eat) buffet with good food and same selection as a restaurant, or eat a restaurant that's not a buffet and just whatever on the menu

Hm. How much would I be paying to enter the buffet, versus a standard meal at a restaurant? Also, would I get free refills on my drink at either the buffet or the restaurant?

The value of buffets are lost on me. I'm not the type to gorge myself on food until I bloat up. 😅 Free drinks, on the other hand... 👀

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Frankly, I choose a restaurant over a buffet due to all the people that come into contact with the food. With a restaurant, you only get the cooks and the waiter in contact with the food, who are all properly sanitized ( at least, they're legally supposed to be ). Meanwhile, with a buffet, you have a bunch of people in contact with the food. 

Though I do enjoy the freedom that comes with a buffet ( I can eat exactly how much I want, and select things for myself )

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I'm on a diet. A "see food" diet. I see food I eat it. 

Going Buffet. A one time engorging sounds fun XD

1 minute ago, Shreyas1 said:

Frankly, I choose a restaurant over a buffet due to all the people that come into contact with the food. With a restaurant, you only get the cooks and the waiter in contact with the food, who are all properly sanitized ( at least, they're legally supposed to be ). Meanwhile, with a buffet, you have a bunch of people in contact with the food. 

Though I do enjoy the freedom that comes with a buffet ( I can eat exactly how much I want, and select things for myself )

i guess that's a point, but the buffets I go to have the glass panel really low and above the food nothing is taken by a hand usually a spatula, ladle, prongs, etc. I like buffets cause of variety, I don't want to sit and eat one thing 

These days? Buffets developed a horrible safety rep due to cruise ships, so neither if I could avoid them, but if I couldn’t? Sit down.  Before all this? The cheapest, which was usually buffet.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Personally, I'm a person who'd rather go to Golden Corral over a dedicated place, something like Cracker Barrel maybe? So buffet over dedicated restaurant. I wonder how @pinksnowbirdie would answer to this lol

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

Personally, I'm a person who'd rather go to Golden Corral over a dedicated place, something like Cracker Barrel maybe? So buffet over dedicated restaurant. I wonder how @pinksnowbirdie would answer to this lol

agreed, buffets are typically nice. While I'm a bit biased towards Old Country Buffet when they were good. That was the issue they went down hill and uh became not good and well they're basically dead these days. Golden Corral is pretty good for the most part. GC is a far different experience in the South than it is in the North/MN though.

Here in the midwest, we have Pizza Ranch. Actually you told me that it sounds a lot like what Shakey's did (which to those who may not be from California, is a Pizza and Chicken buffet) Which Pizza Ranch also offers Pizza and Fried Chicken but oh man Pizza Ranch is the shit lol

It's nice if you're like really really hungry or want some variety not just one set type of food. Buffets are really good for breakfast lol

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

What makes absolutely zero sense are buffets like Golden Corral that don't have self serve for drinks.

Yes. Let me get like $50 worth of steak, but wait around for 5c worth of syrup water.

Buffets can be nice, provided the food is regularly refilled and fresh enough. I used to really enjoy buffet style restaurants, but now I am less fond of them due to some misbehaving customers I have seen: People taking stuff with their hands, coughing/sneezing towards the food, a woman taking some food while holding her baby in diapers over the food with the other hand.. In short, hygiene is a problem here. I have seen some buffet restaurants having a lack of customers, then they cheapened out on food, which led to them having even fewer customers, spiraling down into bankruptcy.

A restaurant chain here has kind of a hybrid concept: You pay a fixed price but order from a menu as many times as you want. The portions are relatively small so you can sample many different dishes without overeating. The only "catch" is that they charge you additional money for food you ordered but didn't manage to eat (starting from the second plate, one can be left without additional cost). This avoids people ordering crazy amounts of food and prevents waste. Since you can order as many times as you want, this is not a problem in my opinion. 
To me, that concept is close to having the "best of both worlds".

I always prefer a standard restaurant. It's a lot less wasteful and the food is usually of much higher quality as well. Plus, you never have to eat the barely identifiable lukewarm remains of whatever the restaurant forgot to refill.

if it is a proper buffet for brecfast then yes

but for dinner i find a restaurant much nicer

Please excuse my spelling