Desk support thing blocking monitor

any ideas? Im fine with modifying the desk or somethingIMG20200606103026.thumb.jpg.2010d282a3560246ce8c7d7167acd4b7.jpg

3 hours ago, IronWood777 said:

any ideas? Im fine with modifying the desk or something

Can you take a picture of the entire desk from further away? Not asking you to reveal anything private in your room, but it would give us a better idea of how the desk is put together. Also, I recommend upgrading from Windows 7 as it's no longer supported and open to 0-day attacks if connected to the internet.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just make sure you ensure the stability of the desk after modifying it, if your modifying it. You don't want it to fall on you. 

20 hours ago, sparkchomp said:

Just make sure you ensure the stability of the desk after modifying it, if your modifying it. You don't want it to fall on you. 

yeah. I thought of just removing the pole itself but theres a printer on top

21 hours ago, kirashi said:

Can you take a picture of the entire desk from further away? Not asking you to reveal anything private in your room, but it would give us a better idea of how the desk is put together. Also, I recommend upgrading from Windows 7 as it's no longer supported and open to 0-day attacks if connected to the internet.

IMG_20200607_110247.thumb.jpg.070b4a3cb354240cff637259eceb8bd4.jpg

3 minutes ago, IronWood777 said:

--SNIP--

Hmmm... the only thing I can think of would be to get a monitor mount that can attach to the metal pole, but that would result in the monitor being very close to your face. Otherwise you could risk cutting the pole, but that might leave the top too unstable for a printer to sit up there. Might be time for a more functional desk.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)