Would I get better peformance with an rtx 2060 and 8gb of ram or a rtx 2060 super

I just wanted to know what would give me better performance playing games at 1080p 60hz high-ultra settings.

My cpu is a ryzen 5 3600

Lacking a lot of info still.  The 8gig of ram bit is confusing.  How much do you have now? Would the total be 8gig? Which games?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Lacking a lot of info still.  The 8gig of ram bit is confusing.  How much do you have now? Would the total be 8gig? Which games?

Right now I have 8gigs of ram 7.9 gigs are useable and If i were to get 16gigs of I would replace the other 8gb. The games I play are mostly the triple AAA big budget releases

Like Destiny 2, Hitman 2, Just Cause 4, Gta 5 and other games like that 

55 minutes ago, EternalDarling said:

Right now I have 8gigs of ram 7.9 gigs are useable and If i were to get 16gigs of I would replace the other 8gb. The games I play are mostly the triple AAA big budget releases

Like Destiny 2, Hitman 2, Just Cause 4, Gta 5 and other games like that 

LTT just did a video on ram amounts that might be helpful to you.  The irritating thing about ddr4 is 8gig is often just barely not enough but the next step up is often more than is needed.  If it were possible to do 12 or 10 I’d say do that.     My suspicion is you will get more out of the memory long term as I’m not sure even a 2060s  will cut it after the new GPUs drop.  Depending you might be able to get more out of an S appendage than out of more memory, but it wouldn’t happen in every game, it will get less likely to happen, and it would require vigorous policing of background apps to keep out of swap.  More memory is easier and safer long term.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

For me at least, 16GB of RAM is the gold standard for today's gaming rig. Especially if you can afford an RTX2060/RTX2060s.

2 hours ago, EternalDarling said:

If i were to get 16gigs of I would replace the other 8gb.

Couldn't you just add another 8gb?

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

The irritating thing about ddr4 is 8gig is often just barely not enough but the next step up is often more than is needed.

EX-FUCKING-ACTLY 

I have 16gb rn, it’s just not cutting it, but I would have to buy another 16g, wtf!

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6