Microphone that wont pick up background noise.

PieLife

I currently use a zalman clip on Mic. I use it for things like Skype and Teamspeak. My friends always complain the cant hear me and i turn up the db boost in windows it fixes it, but then white noise appears. <_<  Is their a good microphone i can buy for a maximum of $40 that i can buy that wont pick background noise but yet my friends will be able to hear me. Also with the Zalman mic, It somehow has not too good of quality. My $90 web cam has better quality than it. I guess i got a bad unit. My friends want me to use my turtle beach x12's but i refuse to go back into the headset life. They believe headsets are superior. HA

Every mic picks up background noise. It wouldn't be a mic if it didn't.

The only thing you can do is maximize the noise you want to pick up, and the only way to do that is to move the mic closer to your mouth. At a low budget, that means boom mic. You could DIY a boom to use with the Zalman as the cheapest option, or if your headphones have a removable cable you could use a V-MODA BoomPro. Or, ModMic, which are apparently in stock now.

Every mic picks up background noise. It wouldn't be a mic if it didn't.

The only thing you can do is maximize the noise you want to pick up, and the only way to do that is to move the mic closer to your mouth. At a low budget, that means boom mic. You could DIY a boom to use with the Zalman as the cheapest option, or if your headphones have a removable cable you could use a V-MODA BoomPro. Or, ModMic, which are apparently in stock now.

>checks for 4.0 pre-order

FUCK man don't get my hopes up yet, I shiggy diggy these feels.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

>checks for 4.0 pre-order

FUCK man don't get my hopes up yet, I shiggy diggy these feels.

Right tho? I'm jumping on that mare like a wild stallion. 

Right tho? I'm jumping on that mare like a wild stallion. 

Modmic 1.0 bought back in September 2012. It just stopped working on me the other day. It goes in and out so I believe the mic has a short. I ordered a zalman clip on to get me by in the mean time. Right now I'm using my webcams mic top lel

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

Sooo. Which one is better. The vmoda boom mic or the modmic

Jim, the owner of AntLion is a cool guy n st00f and did me some really good service when my first modmic came in but had a short. An hour after my email to him he shipped a replacement with NEXT DAY delivery and all he asked for was the broken modmic back and told me to pay for the cheapest shipping option (which was $3). I would be more inclined to supporting AntLion honestly.

Guess I will be waiting for the modmic 4.0 like everyone else

From what he says "the wait will be worth the weight"

I'd say the V-Moda is more durable and convenient, but you need headphones that are compatible with it in the first place.

By compatible do you mean a detachable cable on your headphones? If you do than I might just go buy that.

I'd say the V-Moda is more durable and convenient, but you need headphones that are compatible with it in the first place.

V-Moda shill detected. Who you gonna believe @PieLife? The shill or the dick rider?

By compatible do you mean a detachable cable on your headphones? If you do than I might just go buy that.

Yes, but it has to be the right kind of detachable. For example, a Sennheiser HD 439 would work, but be kinda funky due to the odd angle, while an HD 5## wouldn't work because it uses a 2.5mm connector on the headphone end.

V-Moda shill detected. Who you gonna believe @PieLife? The shill or the dick rider?

If the BoomPro was more compatible with more headphones you'd be riding their dick too.

Right now it looks like the modmic is higher quality but I just realized I had some left over amazon credit so I don't spend any money out of pocket for the vmoda boom mic. I can't find any mic tests for the vmoda boom mic. Can someone link me? Also what about the noise canceling of the vmoda. I know the modmic 3.0 is pretty decent at cancelling the background noise. The 4.0 is supposed to be even better

Oh right... noise cancelling... something I totally forgot about....

BoomPro doesn't have any noise cancelling.  -_-

Yes, but it has to be the right kind of detachable. For example, a Sennheiser HD 439 would work, but be kinda funky due to the odd angle, while an HD 5## wouldn't work because it uses a 2.5mm connector on the headphone end.

If the BoomPro was more compatible with more headphones you'd be riding their dick too.

Yeah. Not very many headphones from what I have seen have the removable cable and I'm way too lazy to do this mod myself. Modmic is an ez pz option.