Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Top tier 2080 vs cheap 2080 super?

Jordy123

Hi,

I have been looking for a GPU for my new computer and today came across a deal for a EVGA 2080 FTW3 Gaming Ultra for $1100AUD (they are normally around $1600-1800), so this seems like a great deal. However, when looking on pcpartpicker, I also noticed that the Asus 2080 super evo oc only costs $20 more. Which is better, a top tier 2080 or one of the worse 2080 supers?

Thanks

A 2080 Super will perform better than a 2080, the higher end versions of cards have some nice to haves but won't actually increase performance.

4 minutes ago, Jordy123 said:

Hi,

I have been looking for a GPU for my new computer and today came across a deal for a EVGA 2080 FTW3 Gaming Ultra for $1100AUD (they are normally around $1600-1800), so this seems like a great deal. However, when looking on pcpartpicker, I also noticed that the Asus 2080 super evo oc only costs $20 more. Which is better, a top tier 2080 or one of the worse 2080 supers?

Thanks

The super is a different chip. That will always get you better performance. "Premium" coolers on a gpu contribute to looks, noise, better temperatures and RGB mainly. If it's such a small difference in price, go for the super.