Flashing 5700 to 5700XT Guide

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

PLEASE FOR CHRIST SAKE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ASK IN THIS THREAD OR CREATE A THREAD ASKING FOR HELP, I WOULD RATHER HELP YOU FLASH THE CORRECT BIOS AND FLASH IT THE RIGHT WAY, THEN HELP YOU RECOVER A BIOS.

Disclaimer, Please Read:

Spoiler

I am not responsible for any damages, physical or software, that may happen if you follow this guide, this is for educational purposes only. I am not in any way telling you to follow this guide and I will take 0 responsibility for damages.

helpful things and some prep that I recommend you have before starting this:

- a 5700 with a bios switch

-another GPU or iGPU you can boot from

(PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE IF THIS IS YOUR ONLY GPU)

-REMOVE OTHER CARDS SO YOU DON'T ACCIDENTALLY FLASH THE WRONG CARD

#1.Getting started

Spoiler

-the first thing you want to do is download GPUz from this link

-open gpuz and select the graphics card you would like to flash

-click on the arrow shown below to save your current bios, this will be useful in case you brick your card, or are having issues, save this file to a known location where you wont loose it

-GPUZ App

Spoiler

84538063_biossavetool.png.b5faba2ae5bdbb2f783e152d7720fd90.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#2  Downloading AMD Radeon flash tool

Spoiler

-Follow this link to download the amd bios flash tool, it will make your life much easier.

-extract all files, if extracted properly amdvbflashwin icon should like it is below

Spoiler

298653425_Screenshot(9).png.db61f1884b40d421dceb5da15c9ca6b0.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#3 Find a Bios for your card

-follow this link enter your cards data at the top, but change the card model to 5700xt. if you have a reference card, or a card card with a stock pcb, you can use the unbranded "5700xt bios." if you cant find a bios for the XT version of your card, or your card model doesn't have a XT version things get a littler trickier.

- remove the card from your computer and remove the heatsink and backplate, look for the memory module and write down the brand and exact model, look for serial and model numbers+revision, and write them all down. google "(your card name) bios" and entry's from the vga bios collection will pop up. compare the cards stats to yours and download any potential matches. if your memory is supported, give it a try, sometimes more information is included at the bottom such as compatible cards

Spoiler

-follow this link enter your cards data at the top, but change the card model to 5700xt. if you have a reference card, or a card card with a stock pcb, you can use the unbranded "5700xt bios." if you cant find a bios for the XT version of your card, or your card model doesn't have a XT version things get a littler trickier.

- remove the card from your computer and remove the heatsink and backplate, look for the memory module and write down the brand and exact model, look for serial and model numbers+revision, and write them all down. google "(your card name) bios" and entry's from the vga bios collection will pop up. compare the cards stats to yours and download any potential matches. if your memory is supported, give it a try, sometimes more information is included at the bottom such as compatible cards

This is found below the card image in the BIOS database collection, if your memory is listed in "memory support" go ahead and download it as a potential match.

Spoiler

1445648223_Screenshot(5).png.10fb4ab9d760cb785fd946618d7c814c.png1120999410_Screenshot(6).png.0d1399fe14ef5bc71a00e9ca07365857.png

#4 Flashing bios

Spoiler

-once you have a decent collection of possibly compatible bios, open up amdvbflashwin as an administrator from the extracted folder, click the card you want to flash at the top.

-to select the bios to flash, click "load image" and navigate to the bios you want to flash

-before flashing, close all other programs then hit the "program" button to start flashing, if it flashes correctly your computer will restart at the end, check gpuz to make sure your gpu shows as a 5700xt, if it is congrats!

-if mismatch id shows up, the bios flash is blocked to keep you from bricking you card, if your card is listed as compatible in the bios description hold on till the next step.

Spoiler

618296460_Screenshot(17).png.babd175fcdfeecf0e619fbc7dae5193e.png

#5 flashing through command center

Spoiler

-ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ARE 100% SURE THE BIOS IS COMPATIBLE, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR CARD.

-search for cmd.exe in the search bar, open it.type in, "CD C:\full path to flasher launcher" so if my path is "C:\Users\shawn\Downloads\atiflash_293" you would type "CD C:\Users\shawn\Downloads\atiflash_293"

Spoiler

1952051853_Screenshot(11).png.31ba2b6fb4225ea2c283d813d0fa0fd7.png1167077383_Screenshot(12).thumb.png.c2d0c34d68de337f5b3501da1361088d.png1121287782_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.8555cc0b69a7184020e34d0489598cc4.png

make sure that the \atiflash_293 is shown in the file command propmpt file path

-type in "amdvbflash -i" to see which adapter id is the card

Spoiler

1800521069_Screenshot(15).png.81046f74627b7116ecebd185295ecfbb.png

a list of your graphics cards slot should pop up and will be labeled by its architecture 

-type "amdvbflash -unlockrom 0" to unlock rom, change the zero value to the "adapter" that the card you want to flash is in

Spoiler

56338420_Screenshot(16).png.38a62aae0e14f1ab4b4220b51b880157.png

the command line "ROM Unlocked should appear this means that your ready to flash a new ROM to your card.

-type "amdvbflash -f -p 0 bios.rom", replace "bios" with the name of the rom you want to flash.

-should start loading bios

-if error 0fl01 shows up it is a general error code, try another bios and move on, or find another flashing option, i dont know of any others off the top of my head but if its requested ill make a guide for another method

#6 Recovering a bricked card

-flip the bios switch if you have one

-reboot with the display cable in either the igpu or another pci graphics card, go into the gui (not command center) select the bricked card and reload the saved bios.

PLEASE FOR CHRIST SAKE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ASK IN THIS THREAD OR CREATE A THREAD ASKING FOR HELP, I WOULD RATHER HELP YOU FLASH THE CORRECT BIOS AND FLASH IT THE RIGHT WAY, THEN HELP YOU RECOVER A BIOS.

-PLEASE LEAVE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO CLEAN THIS UP OR THINGS I MISSED, ITS A LITTLE MESSY NOW BUT IM WORKING ON CLEANING IT UP

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6