New cool-ish looking coolers in intels new coment Lake lineup...

Ok so, I looked a bit more into it. And I stand corrected, partially.

Intel coolers from the Core i7 900 series days, beside their 6 core variant CPUs on the consumer side, they had the same cooling as in the picture, just not in black, but silver. It ha a copper core. Then at a later date, Intel slim the cooler down a lot.. looks like half, but I did not measure (just going by images). So same fan, but the aluminum heatsink was reduce in height. Then they removed the copper core and doing a full aluminum one. Now, it looks like they brought back the copper core version, but still thin (hard to know, actually from the image posted here) and painted it black. So, as I never paid deep attention to Intel heatsink evolution over the years, I thaught they just painted it black.

But in my book, Intel heatsink are still garbage with it's thick and few fins, making a heatsink have a low surface area. You can see, compared to AMD in the box one, AMD one definitely cost more, as these thin plates do cost more money than Intel, mass produced, metal molding ones.

Too bad nobody will use them because they suck at cooling :/

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 5/30/2020 at 12:26 AM, PacketMan said:

People don't give a shit about good looking coolers out of the box, they care about being good enough not to buy an aftermarket one before building the PC

I am sure a lot of people care about the design of the stock cooler. The feedback about the Ryzen stock coolers was very positive and that wouldn't be the case, if no one cared.