2.1 Speaker Set - I need help, Guys!

Homicidium
Go to solution Solved by mkylem,

I just looked around for a tiny bit and here's what I found: http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Certified-Computer-Speaker/dp/B000062VUO (same one except not in the U.S. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-Pro-Media-Certified-Speakers/dp/B009L1NY0M/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393255950&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Klipsch+ProMedia+2.1+THX+Certified+Computer+Speaker+System+%28Black%29 )

According to the many reviews they have, the speakers are good for all ranges and they're really good for the price. I only regret that I can't give you a first-hand experience. Take this with a grain of salt because of the lack of handling them myself. I'm not sure if they're the best, but I can guarantee you that they won't work with your PS3 natively. You'll need an adapter for that;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-6in-Stereo-Audio-Y-Cable/dp/B000A88L9E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1393256275&sr=8-4&keywords=3.5+mm+to+rca+in

You'll need the RCA output for the PS3 and route it through there. Just connect the adapter and plug it in. I do the same with my PS3.

I hope I was helpful in any way.

Hey Guys! 

My dad asked me, if I could give him my 2.1 Speaker Set (Logitech Z523) in exchange he's going to buy me a new set, and since I'm not sure what's good and what's not I thought that maybe the fine people of LTT can help me! 

I'm looking for nothing fancy really, I don't use my speakers over DAC or all that fancy crap, just over my on - board sound my ASRock Extreme 4 and have been satisfied with that. I'm, again, looking for a standard 2.1 or 2.0 setup, which is going to be used for your standard internet stuff (watching videos, etc.), listening to music (Metal, Electronica, Rap), watching movies and playing games (mostly FPS) 

I do like me some bass, but I much rather prefer a more rounded sound, something which my Z523 didn't really offer. Another thing the system should have is a connection for my PS3, so it can also utilize the speaker set, but that's not really neccessary!

My budget is 100€, but I'd be able to throw in another 50 making it 150€ maximum, that would be just about 200$, but I much rather stay below that 200$. Again, I'm not looking for anything fancy, I don't want to buy anything else but the speaker set. 

Hope you guys can help me!

Thanks in advance,

Homicidium

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I had the Logitech Z623 speakers which I really liked. They belong to the same series as yours but they are a bit higher tier.

I can vouch for these as well. They are a great set of speakers for the price.

I just looked around for a tiny bit and here's what I found: http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Certified-Computer-Speaker/dp/B000062VUO (same one except not in the U.S. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-Pro-Media-Certified-Speakers/dp/B009L1NY0M/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393255950&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Klipsch+ProMedia+2.1+THX+Certified+Computer+Speaker+System+%28Black%29 )

According to the many reviews they have, the speakers are good for all ranges and they're really good for the price. I only regret that I can't give you a first-hand experience. Take this with a grain of salt because of the lack of handling them myself. I'm not sure if they're the best, but I can guarantee you that they won't work with your PS3 natively. You'll need an adapter for that;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-6in-Stereo-Audio-Y-Cable/dp/B000A88L9E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1393256275&sr=8-4&keywords=3.5+mm+to+rca+in

You'll need the RCA output for the PS3 and route it through there. Just connect the adapter and plug it in. I do the same with my PS3.

I hope I was helpful in any way.

Thanks for the replies, guys! Both sets look pretty decent, but for the stuff I'm looking for, the Klipsch seems to be a better fit! Unfortunately it's a little over the budget on the german amazon, but I figure something out.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Check out ebay for some used bookshelf speakers then get a lepia amp to power them.

Check out ebay for some used bookshelf speakers then get a lepia amp to power them.

Thanks for the response, but I'm not really interested in doing all of this. I'm not an audiophile. 

Thanks for the response, but I'm not really interested in doing all of this. I'm not an audiophile. 

So you are content to spend the same on something worse? 

So you are content to spend the same on something worse? 

Short answer: Yes. 

Long answer: I don't want or need something fancy like a DAC and all that stuff I don't understand jack shit about. All I want is a decent 2.1 sound system for listening to music, playing video games and watching the occassional movie, I don't need a "sensation" for that, if I want that, then I would probably spend more than double than that. ;)

Short answer: Yes. 

Long answer: I don't want or need something fancy like a DAC and all that stuff I don't understand jack shit about. All I want is a decent 2.1 sound system for listening to music, playing video games and watching the occassional movie, I don't need a "sensation" for that, if I want that, then I would probably spend more than double than that. ;)

"Don't need a dac", the amp is to just supply power, and a set of bookshelves would do you more then well enough. 

"Don't need a dac", the amp is just supply power, and a set of bookshelves would do you more then well enough. 

See how much knowledge I have about this? Again, thanks for the reply, but I'm not interested in this type of stuff nor do I want it, even if it "would be enough" 

@EmoRarity

You tried to help, he wants a bad solution, can't do anything else.  

At least the majority of the people asking for help doesn't have that attitude.  :P

Mystery is the source of all true science.

@EmoRarity

At least the majority of the people asking for help doesn't have that attitude.  :P

You know, when on mobile if you click on my posts it brings up the quote box. 

@EmoRarity

Excuse me, but what attitude are you refering to? 

I politely said that I'm not interested in this type of solution and thanked him for his reply, I don't think that this is "having an attitude"

I could've said "Fuck off, EmoRarity", but I didn't because I appreciate his reply and him trying to help me, and that's it. 

But whatever, not even remotely interested in discussion with Sors about this, I got the help I wanted and going to order the Klipsch 2.1 next week. 

Thanks to everyone helping and replying!