I thought Half Life 2 was the best game I ever played.

DeViLzzz

I thought Half Life 2 was the best game I ever played but so far after 98 minutes of play of Max Payne 3 I think Half Life 2 has some competition here.  I love the way bullet time is done in this game of course.  The story is interesting enough.  The graphics most of the time are top notch and the cg movie sequences are definitely entertaining and lead up nicely right into game play.  I love the way they do that.

Btw for the record I am terrible at this game even on the easiest setting for the campaign but still having so much fun.  I know of some people that yes will rate games poorly just cuz they are a bad at them and yeah they are probably far and few between but I have seen it on the net on various gaming message boards.  Just saying that being a bad at a game should not hurt how one rates the game and I don't do that here with Max Payne 3.

Anyone else rate Max Payne 3 really high or maybe as their top game of all time?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Meh, I didn't really enjoy Max Payne 3.

Too many cutscenes. The video effects look like a 12 y/o made them.

Optimization sucked the first few weeks.

Max was waaaay too whiny, we all have rough times, get over it...

But then again, I never really liked Half Life.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Max Payne 3 was the worst Payne game IMO

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I liked it a lot even though a lot of other people did not. (Will edit later but I cant write right now)

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I liked it but didn't really love it. Too many cutscenes

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

Vice City is king.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

the older max payne games in my opinion were better

but also ur comparing a fps game to a third person game soo :|

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

the older max payne games in my opinion were better

but also ur comparing a fps game to a third person game soo :|

Eh the camera that I play the game in may factor in a little but I can also say that in WOW I raided with the camera way up like many others in whatever mode that is and have that game up there in my all-time great games.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  Still playing that game.

You know I started playing the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series but had an issue with this one spot where I died and died due to not being safe enough to hide from high levels of radiation and I gave up.  I will get back to that game and figure out what was wrong one day but yeah I liked what I saw of the game but definitely doesn't have a chance at the all-time great spot for me I think.

You know I started playing the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series but had an issue with this one spot where I died and died due to not being safe enough to hide from high levels of radiation and I gave up.  I will get back to that game and figure out what was wrong one day but yeah I liked what I saw of the game but definitely doesn't have a chance at the all-time great spot for me I think.

I think I know the bit you mean, run very fast before you die.

Nothing to see here - move along.

dont really like Max Payne 3 for one reason... I emptied 2 mags of Uzi and pretty sure most of them hit the bad guy, the bad guy is still standing...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

dont really like Max Payne 3 for one reason... I emptied 2 mags of Uzi and pretty sure most of them hit the bad guy, the bad guy is still standing...

I had a few moments where I was sure I hit the guy in the head but then when I thought about it well it did kind of look like I grazed him and that might be what happened when you played it.  Anyone else see anything like this?

The original Max Payne is the best, and comparing any of them to Half LIfe is something I don't understand too well.

I didnt play the 1st 2 Max Payne games but I have MP3 and I honestly dont like it that much at all.

All I see is a fat alcoholic sad depressed character who can somehow still somehow perform all of these stunts at his age and condition. The cutscenes were annoying w the constant flashing(they should have reduced it) and Max's constant whining annoyed me. The game to me was just a long boring, depressing drag that I expected at some point to get better and maybe a bit more cheerful but it just didnt. But I dunno maybe thats what Rockstar tried to go for from the start. But I mean real life can be pretty sad, depressing to me a lot of the times and I dont want a videogame to do the same to me no matter what the story is. Ok I can enjoy a sad story but not a depressing and boring one.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M