speeding up an android to run windows 8.1

hey fellas, 

today i came up with an new idea "WHAT IF I OVERCLOCK MY PHONE TO RUN WINDOWS ?" to run windows 8.1 i have to allocate 2 GB of ram to the OS and a dual core processor i have 1.8 GB of memory free out of 3 GB on ideal conditions at clock speed of 800 MHZ with an Octa core processor clocked at 1.40 GHZ so i think overclocking my processor to 1.60 GHZ , ram to 1200 MHZ (sounds crazy but affective) and deleting all unnecessary applications from google and certain stock applications like musics.and installing a lighter version of android if this all doesn,t work I can decompress the windows 8.1 disk image and remove certain application which i don't want like disk partition and all those useless wallpapers and even cortanaedit 1 by editing windows registry and if this doesn't works i can just install the modified iso in my computer and can make everything as low as possible like resolution ad hence forth i will be able to run windows 8.1 in my old android device.

thanks for reaching the bottom fellas!!

EDIT1: WINDOWS 8.1 DOESN'T HAVE CORONA

EDIT2: I AM USING LIMBO AS AN EMULATION SOFTWARE

EDIT3: I AM LOOKING FORWARD FOR MAKING USE OF 1GB SWAP STORAGE FROM AN EXTERNAL SD CARD WHICH WILL BE SLOW BUT MAY HELP US IN MAKING WINDOWS A LITTLE FASTER.

it doesnt really work like that, phones use arm architectures while windows has been made to run on an x86 architecture, you could emulate it by jumping through many many hoops but you won't be able to do anything more than stare at the desktop

Windows doesn't run on ARM chips.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

30 minutes ago, Benji said:

You would need some emulation software, tons of storage and even then it would run pretty horrible. So it definitely isn't worth it. Also, Windows 8.1 doesn't even have Cortana.

I AM USING LIMBO AS AN EMULATION SOFTWARE AS I HAVE SPENT YEARS INSTALLING AND RUNNING SEVERAL OPERATING SYSTEMS

51 minutes ago, Benji said:

Did you fall asleep on the Shift key or what? Also, what would be the point of running ANY Windows desktop OS on a mobile smartphone?

this is an experiment we don't care if it will fail or may work because its an experiment

I used qemu to run a Windows 95 VM on my phone,It works but if i am not mistaken Limbo has a limit of 700MB of RAM.

Anyway you can try ReactOS as a start,or any Linux distro with wine,should work much better than Windows 8.1.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 hour ago, ryder_ said:

I AM USING LIMBO AS AN EMULATION SOFTWARE AS I HAVE SPENT YEARS INSTALLING AND RUNNING SEVERAL OPERATING SYSTEMS

I have used Limbo extensively on multiple different phones. The newest version of Windows I could even get to boot was XP. Part of this is that Limbo seems to hate having more than 640MB of RAM; on all four phones I tested, the VM would crash instantly when started if I had even slightly over 640MB.

Plus, why woudl you want Windows 8? It's fucking horrible. If you want to use a real OS on your phone, you're better off running arm Linux in a chroot with something like Linux Deploy (my personal favourite).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, Vishera said:

I used qemu to run a Windows 95 VM on my phone,It works but if i am not mistaken Limbo has a limit of 700MB of RAM.

Anyway you can try ReactOS as a start,or any Linux distro with wine,should work much better than Windows 8.1.

I think it lists up to like 2GB but as I said, it seems to crash above 640MB.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Limbo is using old and outdated code,You will want to use something more modern in order to use more than 640MB of RAM.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Windows doesn't run on ARM chips.

This. 

Before you start on emulation again; emulation sucks and you're not going to get useful performance.

You could try to run Windows RT though, that runs on ARM natively, but I do think it'd be kind of pointless.

48 minutes ago, Benji said:

@akio123008 He's talking about an Android smartphone so he'll never natively run Windows RT on it. IIRC you can't even download the system image for that. Since it lacks any sort of BIOS/UEFI, it wouldn't run Windows anyway, even RT. You can't even install it on regular Android tablets that actually came with a Tegra 3 (which is used on the Surface RT).

Hmm that makes sense. But even though you may not be able to install it on the phone like that, at least it runs on ARM so you could virtualise it (don't know if that's a thing on phones). 

Still I think it'd be pointless anyway. Why bother with this at all? The best possible result is windows running on a phone, man isn't that exciting? You may as well get an old windows phone.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

it wouldn't run Windows anyway

9 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

But even though you may not be able to install it on the phone like that,

It's possible with QEMU,Android is based on Linux and i have used it before for a Windows 95 VM on my phone...

7 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

You may as well get an old windows phone.

Not the same as a full fledged Windows experience.

On 5/28/2020 at 11:36 PM, kelvinhall05 said:

if your device has more than 1.5 GB of free RAM at idle conditions than you are able to select aroound 1024 MB. i was able to allocate around 900 Mb while i was trying to install windows 2000