8GB RAM + 4GB RAM

Go to solution Solved by CommanderAlex,

Having equal (pairs) of RAM sticks is more advised than what you want to do to prevent issues that may arise. Since they are the same frequency, I don't see an issue other than to try them out and see what you get 😉.

Good day! 

I just wanted to ask if my MSI A320M PRO-E will have no issues with 8GB ram + 4GB RAM both 2400mhz.

I am kinda new at building PC, i have an extra 4gb ram so i just wanted to ask if this will improve my performance.

Having equal (pairs) of RAM sticks is more advised than what you want to do to prevent issues that may arise. Since they are the same frequency, I don't see an issue other than to try them out and see what you get 😉.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, Sanunechi said:

Good day! 

I just wanted to ask if my MSI A320M PRO-E will have no issues with 8GB ram + 4GB RAM both 2400mhz.

I am kinda new at building PC, i have an extra 4gb ram so i just wanted to ask if this will improve my performance.

no dont do that even they have the same speed, they will run at unstable condition

thank you guys! I will just buy another 8gb of ram, same speed! thankss!

You should be able to do that. It will however have little to no impact on performance beyond your SSD being less used for the pagefile.

1 minute ago, Samusky Hodder said:

no dont do that even they have the same speed, they will run at unstable condition

What basis is there for this statement? its on of the dozens of myths about RAM :D

Heck all 20 of our laptops have 8+16 atm due to an upgrade

I've been using 16 gb of 2666 sk hynix and 32gb of 3200 samsung b-die together, no issues.  It can cause issues, but it is not as common as it used to be.  I used same ram setup on ryzen 2700 and with a coffeelake i3.

You can see if it works If you already have it, bench mark before and after to see if it helps.

Can you still run in dual channel mode if you have mismatched capacity?