is 6 cores still a wise desicion ?

hey guys iam going to build my first pc for *1080p60fps pure gaming only* iam afraid in upcoming aaa games 6cores will suffer and will stutter, since its my first build i don't wanna rebuy cpu i have been saving for months

my choice at first was a r5 3600 + 5700xt/2060super (let me know wich gpu and why please)

second choice r7 3700x + 5600xt + b450 motherboard (please let me know also if b450+3700x is normal or there is risck or something)

so yeah help me choose between this two builds

The 3600 is more than good. Just wait for B550 in a week. So you'll have an excellent upgrade path to high end Zen 3 CPUs.

As for the card - the 5700 XT is basically 2070 Super performance for 2060 Super pricing. Definitely get that for gaming.

6 cores and 12 threads = yes

6 cores and 6 threads = nope

You could always upgrade later when the 3700X becomes much cheaper after Ryzen 4000 launch.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

15 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

B550 in a week

in my country they stil did'nt even got 3300x and intel 10th so i have to wait like two months for b550 to arrive here. 

3 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

You could always upgrade later when the 3700X becomes much cheaper after Ryzen 4000 launch.

true so a 3700x on b450 is normal ?

3 minutes ago, wassil said:

Yes. It require using Ryzen 2000 to flash bios for Ryzen 3000 support. You don't need to do this if you have MSI B450 MAX series. What is your b450?

3 minutes ago, AshRiver said:

Yes. It require using Ryzen 2000 to flash bios for Ryzen 3000 support. You don't need to do this if you have MSI B450 MAX series. What is your b450?

all b450 mobos are 3000 ready rightnow

The thing is, r5 3600 is plenty for gaming.

Also get that 5700xt. It is comparable to a 2070 super.

8 minutes ago, wassil said:

Also, I'd rather pair a 3600 with 5700xt.

Wait for b550 board. They will be out by next few months. 

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

Just now, wassil said:

Not right out of the box unless you have MSI b450 max series.

Most of them are, but that doesn't mean it's a good choice.  You're better off having a B550 board so in 4 years (or whatever) when you want to upgrade, you can also upgrade to a 4000 series CPU.  Which B450 boards will be compatible is currently iffy.

If you're only looking for 60fps, then a Ryzen 3300X is plenty.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

6 core 12 threads are plenty for gaming, 8 is excessive right now. 

At 1080p 60fps, you could even get a first gen ryzen CPU and meet your performance target, third gen ryzen will go above and beyond your expectations. Same thing with the 5700 XT. Consider a 1080p 144Hz monitor.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

6 core 12 threads are plenty for gaming, 8 is excessive right now. 

At 1080p 60fps, you could even get a first gen ryzen CPU and meet your performance target, third gen ryzen will go above and beyond your expectations. Same thing with the 5700 XT. Consider a 1080p 144Hz monitor.

i choose to go with this https://www.gigabyte.com/fr/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10#kf is this 3000 ready out of the box ?

i also found msi b450 a pro max but with 2slots ram iam not planning to use more than 16gb of ram is it better than the gigabyte ?

9 minutes ago, wassil said:

is this mobo good https://www.gigabyte.com/fr/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10#kf or should i buy msi b450 apro max but with only two ram slots i don't care about 64gb of ram going only to use 16gb

Wouldn't really recommend that gigabyte ds3h board. Go with MSI. They have hands down some of the best b450 boards out there.

Maybe you can refer this motherboard tier list for reference.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

choose to go with this https://www.gigabyte.com/fr/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10#kf is this 3000 ready out of the box ?

That motherboard is not guaranteed to be compatible with 3rd gen ryzen out of the box. If you're buying it from a store, you can check and see if it has the "ryzen 3000 ready" badge on it.

also found msi b450 a pro max but with 2slots ram

The B450M A Pro is very different from the B450 A Pro. The micro ATX board is quite bad, with an uncovered VRM, so I would not recommend a 6 core CPU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Right now the R5 3600 is enough for gaming and it should be fine for the years to come. But no one really knows, what the new console generation will bring. The PS5 has something like a lower clocked ryzen 7 3700x (with 8 cores).

The 5700XT is way more than enough for 1080p gaming right now. You could easily step down to the 5600XT or 5700. That said, i can't really endorse buying a new GPU right now, since the new ones will launch in a couple of months. According to rumors they will be a huge improvement over the old generation and also feature dedicated raytracing hardware. Since the new consoles will support raytracing as well, a lot of new games will support it in the comming years ... Unless you plan to game a lot on it in the next couple of months, I would wait.

You could also get everything besides the GPU and go for a cheaper used one. I got a RX 580 for 100€ which will still play most games in at 1080p without any problems.
After the new cards launched, I can think about whether I want to stick with my current card or upgrade. You could do something simila.

23 minutes ago, wassil said:

is this mobo good https://www.gigabyte.com/fr/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10#kf or should i buy msi b450 apro max but with only two ram slots i don't care about 64gb of ram going only to use 16gb

Why can't you wait 3 weeks for the B550 boards?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I think your goal is to play future AAA titles  in the freesync range of the monitor it drives, you don’t need 60fps if it’s smoothed out with freesync.

If your monitor doesn’t have freesync then I suggest you get one that does.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

26 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

That motherboard is not guaranteed to be compatible with 3rd gen ryzen out of the box. If you're buying it from a store, you can check and see if it has the "ryzen 3000 ready" badge on it.

The B450M A Pro is very different from the B450 A Pro. The micro ATX board is quite bad, with an uncovered VRM, so I would not recommend a 6 core CPU.

look this means ready out of the box right ?

85156152_1366848896849754_6441491697414176768_o.jpg

15 minutes ago, adm0n said:

Right now the R5 3600 is enough for gaming and it should be fine for the years to come. But no one really knows, what the new console generation will bring. The PS5 has something like a lower clocked ryzen 7 3700x (with 8 cores).

The 5700XT is way more than enough for 1080p gaming right now. You could easily step down to the 5600XT or 5700. That said, i can't really endorse buying a new GPU right now, since the new ones will launch in a couple of months. According to rumors they will be a huge improvement over the old generation and also feature dedicated raytracing hardware. Since the new consoles will support raytracing as well, a lot of new games will support it in the comming years ... Unless you plan to game a lot on it in the next couple of months, I would wait.

You could also get everything besides the GPU and go for a cheaper used one. I got a RX 580 for 100€ which will still play most games in at 1080p without any problems.
After the new cards launched, I can think about whether I want to stick with my current card or upgrade. You could do something simila.

you are very smart thanks alot 

4 minutes ago, wassil said:

look this means ready out of the box right ?

85156152_1366848896849754_6441491697414176768_o.jpg

The blurry orange batch says: AMD Ryzen 3000 Ready

compare:

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

9 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

I think your goal is to play future AAA titles  in the freesync range of the monitor it drives, you don’t need 60fps if it’s smoothed out with freesync.

If your monitor doesn’t have freesync then I suggest you get one that does.

i have a benq 1080p60hz no freesync indeed, if i get a 5700xt right now i can always buy a monitor with freesync later rather than lowering a gpu am i wrong ? also i love reshading so even tho the rx 5700xt maybe overkill but with reshades i think it will be a solid 60 with vsync

*** Threads merged ***

Please don't post same topic to multiple subforums.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

*** Threads merged ***

Please don't post same topic to multiple subforums.

i was trying to get multiple advices