RTX 2070 Super or RX 5700XT?

SlavicJew
Go to solution Solved by Mateyyy,

In the long run the 5700XT would probably be the better buy if we're to go by AMD's track record - their cards generally tend to age better compared to the competition.

At the moment though, the 2070S is about 5-8% faster on average than the 5700XT, but also offers (arguably) better software and (maybe) more stable drivers, though most of the driver issues related to the 5700 series have been ironed out in the past months from what I've heard.

That being said, Ampere/RDNA2 are coming fairly soon, so it might be worth waiting for those.

So I'm getting ready to get a new GPU (upgrading from a 1050Ti), and I'm just wondering what others would recommend between the RTX 2070 Super and RX 5700XT since they seem to be about the same performance, but with the 5700 at a lower price(MSRP at least). In the long run, which would be a better buy?

about the same? where did you see that?

last time i checked 2070 super was doing better in most games than 5700xt. in the few games that support dlss 2.0 2070 super beat 5700xt to a pulp. if dlss ever becomes popularised and amd's got nothing to counter with, nvidia card buyers would have made the right choice

also nvidia cards still take the crown in terms of feature set such as its superior hardware video encoder.

finally if console level framerates are acceptable to you, ray tracing is there for you to enable.

all in all, if your budget allows, get 2070 super.

or see if you have the patience for nvidia's next gen ;) 

Please give kudos if you find someone's reply helpful 😃

<'><  <'><  <'><

In case you wonder about my forum name, it's either Cthulhu or two dwarves about to make out ;)

Now that you've seen it, can you unsee it?

<">{   <">{   <">{

Get motion sickness playing FPS =(

" ({) "   " ({) "   " ({) "

"You so ugly you scaring away the fish!"

>>>><<<<

>>> "BOOB JOB" <<<

Ryzen 3600
MSI B450m Mortar Max
2 x Corsair low clearance DDR4 8G 3200MHz C16

GeForce GTX 780 Ti (temporarily downgraded)
Silverstone FT03
Samsung EVO 2.5" SSD 500G (boot) + WD SN550 1TB (game lib)

WD Elements 3.5" HDD 1.5T (storage; pulled from an old external drive)
Seasonic SS-660XPII 660W 80Plus Platinum Ver II
DeepCool Gammaxx GT (CPU)
Silverstone AB120R (intake)
2 x Silverstone AP81 (intake)
Silversrone FN121-P (exhaust)

AG AGON AG323QCXE (What a hidden gem)

NiZ Plum Electro-capacitive Keyboard
Logitech G703 Hero Lightspeed

Koss Sporta 
Windows 10 Pro

>>>><<<<

Linksys WRT1900ACS (rocking OpenWrt)

WD Elements 5T external HDD (network backup drive)

In the long run the 5700XT would probably be the better buy if we're to go by AMD's track record - their cards generally tend to age better compared to the competition.

At the moment though, the 2070S is about 5-8% faster on average than the 5700XT, but also offers (arguably) better software and (maybe) more stable drivers, though most of the driver issues related to the 5700 series have been ironed out in the past months from what I've heard.

That being said, Ampere/RDNA2 are coming fairly soon, so it might be worth waiting for those.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

i'm building for a friend and i found that 5700xt have same price to rtx 2060?

considering that he doesn't want to wait and want the build asap. if you were me which one you take?

10 hours ago, K_S_V said:

i'm building for a friend and i found that 5700xt have same price to rtx 2060?

considering that he doesn't want to wait and want the build asap. if you were me which one you take?

5700XT it outperforms a lot in most games for the same price. There are some outliers though where the 2060S wins.

I was in this same boat in February. I went with a sapphire pulse 5700xt. It was $400 compared to $500 for the 2070 super and it came with monster hunter world and resident evil 3 remake.

The 5700xt is 25% cheaper and performs 8% worse in average and comes with the games still. 5700xt is the way to go. I haven’t had a single driver issue since I got the card 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x