(Help) Can someone identify what kind of computer case is this, and what kind of power supply its called?

This is a low-profile computer with a low-profile power supply, seems to be a pre-built system. The components in this system may be proprietary which limits your ability to upgrade/change components, and expansion cards would need to be half-height/low-profile.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

2 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

This is a low-profile computer with a low-profile power supply, seems to be a pre-built system. The components in this system may be proprietary which limits your ability to upgrade/change components, and expansion cards would need to be half-height/low-profile.

ohh okay, what power supply do you think i can upgrade with this case?

6 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

ohh, will atx power supply will fit in this case?

5 minutes ago, Genghischoi said:

is this case can also be called a slimline case?

1 minute ago, Genghischoi said:

If this is a standard case with use of standard power connector (unlikely especially on older low-profile systems), then you I think that you would be able to use any SFX form-factor power supply, although I am not 100% sure. I know that a regular ATX power supply won't fit in a low-profile computer such as this one. Do you see any branding on the case besides the ASUS logo on the optical drive, or have a model for the computer/case?

2 minutes ago, Genghischoi said:

is this case can also be called a slimline case?

This case is a SFF (small-form-factor) case, not an USFF (ultra-small-form-factor) case, not a tower case, not a micro case. Never seen or heard of a "slimline case", not an expert on cases, did some research and found that they are usually bought by businesses as workstation computers and are thinner than most desktops (https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/s/slimline.htm). If you are looking to upgrade this computer, I would recommend moving the components to an standard ATX case.

Optiplex 390 powers on but nothing else. - Page 2 - Dell Community

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Hello and welcome.

If you're keeping the case then you might be able to make a SFX PSU work.  You may have to measure the dimensions of the current PSU to figure out what new PSU may fit.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

11 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

If this is a standard case with use of standard power connector (unlikely especially on older low-profile systems), then you I think that you would be able to use any SFX form-factor power supply, although I am not 100% sure. I know that a regular ATX power supply won't fit in a low-profile computer such as this one. Do you see any branding on the case besides the ASUS logo on the optical drive, or have a model for the computer/case?

This case is a SFF (small-form-factor) case, not an USFF (ultra-small-form-factor) case, not a tower case, not a micro case. Never seen or heard of a "slimline case", not an expert on cases, did some research and found that they are usually bought by businesses as workstation computers and are thinner than most desktops (https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/s/slimline.htm). If you are looking to upgrade this computer, I would recommend moving the components to an standard ATX case.

Optiplex 390 powers on but nothing else. - Page 2 - Dell Community

sadly no, i do not see any branding of this case. i think it is just generic case.

oh, i see. thank you very much for the information. i have no choice then to buy a standard atx case and move it. cause im planning to buy a rx 570 sapphire pulse so i could game.

17 minutes ago, nick name said:

Hello and welcome.

If you're keeping the case then you might be able to make a SFX PSU work.  You may have to measure the dimensions of the current PSU to figure out what new PSU may fit.  

thank you.

thank you for the information. I think i'll rather buy an atx case and move the parts. so i could upgrade it.