Can you Lower Latency on Bluetooth Headphones?

A while back I got a pair of Sony WH-1000X M3's and I've been really into the sound quality. Naturally I've been wondering if I can somehow turn them into my main gaming headset. The only problem being that sometimes the latency on the sound drags a full second behind the visuals. Is there some sort of adapter or dongle I can get to speed up the audio transmission? I'm looking to play mostly on PC, but it would be a cool little bonus to be able to get this working on PS4 and Xbox.

8 minutes ago, ClassiCorey said:

A while back I got a pair of Sony WH-1000X M3's and I've been really into the sound quality. Naturally I've been wondering if I can somehow turn them into my main gaming headset. The only problem being that sometimes the latency on the sound drags a full second behind the visuals. Is there some sort of adapter or dongle I can get to speed up the audio transmission? I'm looking to play mostly on PC, but it would be a cool little bonus to be able to get this working on PS4 and Xbox.

You can plug in any set of Bluetooth headphones using a 3.5mm headphone cable to reduce the latency to nearly zero. Other than that, it really boils down to the Bluetooth chipset your device has along with the drivers being used. Unfortunately, in my 10+ years working with consumer electronics, I have yet to find a single Bluetooth audio device that offers low enough latency for one to accurately play time-sensitive games with, so... best wire in.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

You can plug them in to your PC.

Bluetooth is always going to have latency unforunately it's not a technology optimised for low latency.

2 minutes ago, kirashi said:

You can plug in any set of Bluetooth headphones using a 3.5mm headphone cable to reduce the latency to nearly zero. Other than that, it really boils down to the Bluetooth chipset your device has along with the drivers being used. Unfortunately, in my 10+ years working with consumer electronics, I have yet to find a single Bluetooth audio device that offers low enough latency for one to accurately play time-sensitive games with, so... best wire in.

I was hoping to get something to improve a wireless connection, but seems like an aux cord is my best bet. Thanks for the advice.

Just now, ClassiCorey said:

I was hoping to get something to improve a wireless connection, but seems like an aux cord is my best bet. Thanks for the advice.

Totally hear you, and am on the same page actually - I wish I could use Bluetooth headphones when DJ-ing at friend's house parties from my iPad, but alas, even Apple's "superior ecosystem" is prone to the lag of Bluetooth technology, so I hardwire my headphones when mixing tunes.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)