DTX 910, Grado SR80i, HD 429, or some other $100ish over the ear headphone?

HungoverKilla94

DT 990 Pro?

And then he needs amp too.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

DT 990 Pro?

for 100$ where? and 250ohm need amp anyway, eh. too much overbudget.

Sr80i is very warm, very open. Definitly best of the lot.

There is also Pioneer SE-A1000 that is even cheaper and has great frequency response, its open, over ear, comfy.

Little bit over but... http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-504631-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A

I have a pair and love em

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

i bought a soundcard with an amp, so ive got that covered i found a good deal on HD 558's too for $127

I have the HD 429 and they were very good, after a year they felt kinda loose, not enough to fall off but they moved a bit when I tilted my head.  The only real "issue" I would say they have is the super thin cable, it never broke for me but I could see it happening if you are not careful at all times with it.   The HD 439 have a removable cable that would take care of the only possible issue I had with the 429.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

fyi ive had a post on teksyndicate for a few days about this, and not a single person has replied

also i have to head to work soon but feel free to leave suggestions while im gone.

I'm pretty sure those grados are on ear. My vote would be for the Sennheiser 518 for open, 439 for closed, or if you can get used beyer 770/880/900 for just above $100

for 100$ where? and 250ohm need amp anyway, eh. too much overbudget.

They are 140$ on amazon and some people say that they can use it with their phone and not need an AMP.

And then he needs amp too.

Some people say they don't need an AMP and they will work decently with even a phone.

Quote me to get a reply!

i bought a soundcard with an amp, so ive got that covered i found a good deal on HD 558's too for $127

HD 558's are a great choice! I've had experience with them and they don't sound too dissimilar to my HD 595's.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

They are 140$ on amazon and some people say that they can use it with their phone and not need an AMP.

Some people say they don't need an AMP and they will work decently with even a phone.

It's just not ideal without an amp. On mine, I have to turn it up to the loudest setting. 

new get shure srh440 or sennheiser hd558 and do the mod, if you are willing to get used you can get the srh840, havent tried the grados but i hear theyre pretty good.

or should I grab an hd 555?

also i found dtx 910s for $66

Just... just.... AHRGH JUST PICK SOMETHING

I love the sound from the Grados SR80i but I just don't like how they feel and constantly get a headache from using them after a period of time.

I'd recommend the Audio-technica ATH-M50 (or the new M40x/M50x if you can wait/afford) for closed backs and the Sennheiser HD558 for open backs.

I personally use the M50 and AKG K701 as my daily drivers for closed/open backs. I let friends use my SR80i when they come over.

Twitch | Twitter | PC specs [on Twitch page]