New mobo for 3700x and for future rtx3000 series

Hi,

I currently have a B450 tomahawk max, but i have bent/broke the pin on usb header (ID) when originally installing it in my old case that seemed to have a dodgy case connector.

I am donoring this board to my sons build, and was looking at getting a new board for myself.

My new case (phanteks p600) has a usb c 3.2 front connector, but last time i asked it doesnt look like many boards currently support this, and if they do, are closer, or over £200. If i get a new board without this, i can always use the other two usb 3 A ports on the front.

So, i only need a board for the 3700x, that will support the new rtx 3000 series when they come out, can i just get another B450 tomahawk for £110?

I see the tomahwak x570 will be released next month, retailing at £220, is that best all round, meaning i could also upgrade to ryzen 4000s?

Latest i would need to purchase is 3rd week in June, sons birthday is 6th of july,

Thank,

jim

i dont think in the near future nvidia would launch a graphics card that doesnt plugged in a pcie slot. but if you mean bandwidth...

we are nowhere close to satuate pcie 3.0 x16 slot bandwidth, even with rtx2080ti, running some games could see noticable framerate drop only ON PCIE X8 mode.

and since pcie 4.0 basically doubles the bandwidth, i would say you have nothing to worry about running out of bandwidth. if you wanna know what it feels like to have your graphics card bandwidth limited, set your pcie slot speed to 2.0 in bios, see if you can spot a difference.

and if amd keep their words, i would say 4000 series could be the last ddr4 generation. judging by how x470 still supports 3000s, i have hope for x570 boards.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!