I need to rant for a second

minimalist

Only way you are going to get exactly what you want is if you mod the components. 

Is this something you would want?

MBX.MKII.P1.10.jpg

Also this might be just one giant...

7548.png

I can't stop staring at the photos of this on that million dollar pc site.   Do you know what kind of case that is(Edit***nevermind, I found out) and how much that whole rig costs?

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Is it hard to change the LED color in a keyboard?

Unless you're willing to do a lot of soldering, yes.

Yes, there's cheaper stuff made for the PC. There's a huge market for it. Not everyone can afford the high priced stuff Apple puts out. Cheaper price, cheaper product.

Would have thought that'd have been obvious?

That wasn't my point.

There's high end stuff as well, so I don't really see what your point is?

The RGB keyboard should be cheaper than that, I'd ball park it around the $150 - $160 mark. They said it would be cheaper than the most expensive RGB membrane keyboard.

There will be cheaper ones later on. This is still a brand new switch, and Corsair I believe gets first use of it. So there will be a premium based on that alone.

That said, it's designed after the K70. So it sounds ideal for you. Keep in mind they use aluminum and each mechanical switch is over $0.25 each.

Nice things aren't cheap.

Well if it's that price I will buy it in a heartbeat.

Cross your fingers like me.

Yeah, me either to be honest. There's tons of options, way more than you get with Apple.

No comment

There are quite a few RGB mice for you out there. Buy one of them and you have your choice of color.

I haven't really seen any that I like the look of other than the ability to have white LED.

Mionix makes a few RGB mice I believe. I greatly prefer their design, but I palm my mouse. I really don't understand why all mice that offer color changing features aren't RGB. The mouse I use now has 7 colors. Why. Why not RGB.

:(

I guess one way to look at it is this. How many threads have you seen about people complaining about not having 10 different colors for each component inside the computer?

Not a ton right?

Fair point. 

That's why they don't bother. The demand simply isn't there. You don't increase costs to make a product 10 fold in order to appease a few people.

You're technically not increasing costs.  All you're doing is swapping parts.  Actually, since black/white/gray are such common colors it might even be cheaper.  All you're doing is making less of one color.  

The other question is, how much are they losing by not making it in multiple colors and only in one.  I'm not sure if you deleted it or my mind is playing tricks on me but you mentioned by making more than one color they'd lose out.  I don't see it that way.  Plus, if people don't care about color, why would it matter?  If anything it would put a premium on other boards in better colors which would sell out quicker.  In this thread alone people have mentioned they don't like the color of something and won't get it because of that.  That seems like something to consider.

I think they figure it's because it might look...boring?  Color is a finicky thing. What's in now might not be in later. Red/black seemed to be in for a while, hence the abundant supply.

For white, I don't believe you can anodize that color. So that's why a lot of the parts are not white. Same might be true for grey.  I could be wrong but there was some issue with white anodizing when I was doing bike frames.

Multiple colors of course cost more, you have to have the dye and such on hand. Also you have the chance the product won't sell because of color. I didn't delete it, if it's not there.

You proved my point with the last thing you said. They won't buy it if they don't like the color. If the stores don't order/stock the color because it doesn't sell, then even the people who don't care won't buy it.

Thus they're left with the stock taking up valuable warehouse space.

That said, I do understand where you're coming from. I'm doing a Canadian themed build. Easier, yes, as red components are available in droves. However white components? Significantly harder to find.

I'll just end up painting the RAM and a few of the other components. And I'm fine with that, because in the end I still get what I want.

So many good points from you and then you kind of concede!  What's up with that man?  lol

Haha, just trying to point out that there are very few things in life where you get exactly what you want, and sometimes you have to make it happen on your own.

Also the mechanical keyboard thing is kind of annoying, that's why I'm waiting for the RGB and to hell with what it costs, because that's what I want and I know if only one person provides it, it'll cost more.

Same with Apple..isn't it?

Correct.

Replies in red.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I can't stop staring at the photos of this on that million dollar pc site.   Do you know what kind of case that is(Edit***nevermind, I found out) and how much that whole rig costs?

Well the case is the Murderbox MKII, the ram is modified Corsair Dominator, the motherboard is the first version of the ASUS Black Edition Intel-E motherboards, the fans on the bottom are Scythe Gentle Typhoons, and the GPU and CPU could be anything I can't tell. But the case alone is $1200 and all the water cooling does cost a pretty penny. 

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

Unless you're willing to do a lot of soldering, yes.

Soldering is easy p z. It's 8th grade stuff. 

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

Well the case is the Murderbox MKII, the ram is modified Corsair Dominator, the motherboard is the first version of the ASUS Black Edition Intel-E motherboards, the fans on the bottom are Scythe Gentle Typhoons, and the GPU and CPU could be anything I can't tell. But the case alone is $1200 and all the water cooling does cost a pretty penny.

My god the case it self is $1200?! Thats insane...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

My god the case it self is $1200?! Thats insane...

It's a heavily modified TJ07  ;)

So shouldn't colors be interchangeable or more than just 1 offered? Offering one random finish is just dumb. Offer more than one or make the components with color interchangeable. It's a crap shoot with products. I'd rather see everything black or silver and leave it up to enthusiasts to add their own color somehow.

Who seriously gives a damn what the components inside the case look like? So long as they get the job done it doesn't matter. You say you like Apple's design with their products, you'd be sad to know that their insides look like a bag of Skittles vomitted on the inside of the case.

Who seriously gives a damn what the components inside the case look like? So long as they get the job done it doesn't matter. You say you like Apple's design with their products, you'd be sad to know that their insides look like a bag of Skittles vomitted on the inside of the case.

Lol lighten up on the guy, maybe how the interior of how the pc looks matter to OP now.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Lol lighten up on the guy, maybe how the interior of how the pc looks matter to OP now.

I'm just trying to use common sense on this. Do the looks of the components really matter?

I'm just trying to use common sense on this. Do the looks of the components really matter?

It depends on the user, I personally would like my pc to look asthetically pleasing. Though function comes first of course.

Only if you're a modder really... or just a perfectionist, like this guy appears to be.

It depends on the user, I personally would like my pc to look asthetically pleasing. Though function comes first of course.

If I had a case where I can't see the inside I wouldn't mind if it looked like the rainbow. I can't see it, I don't care?

Only if you're a modder really... or just a perfectionist, like this guy appears to be.

If you're a modder then you can paint or change the way something looks, so the complaining is pointless.

If I had a case where I can't see the inside I wouldn't mind if it looked like the rainbow. I can't see it, I don't care?

If you're a modder then you can paint or change the way something looks, so the complaining is pointless.

If i had a case where i couldn't see the insides of the pc I wouldn't care much either... But its different for everyone, you don't care but others do. Apparently OP cares.

That's not using common sense. That's using your opinion.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Well duh.

Are you willing to shell out hundreds of dollars more on components for a PC that look good together that you'll never see, or just not care?

Are you willing to shell out hundreds of dollars more on components for a PC that look good together that you'll never see, or just not care?

I won't see a keyboard? I won't see a motherboard through a window of the case I'm buying? And to some extent yes I would be willing to spend more, hence why I'm buying the sabertooth z87.

Agreed that it's just his opinion. But you have to understand that to get the aesthetically pleasing look that you are seeking requires a good deal of effort, time and money, no two ways about it. You have to make time to find the right combo of components that are pleasing to you, and sometimes adopt that 'budget be damned!" attitude. I have a pretty powerful main rig, and it has evolved since two years ago when I had it assembled.....but I am consistent in that I still prefer the red and black motif.

20130210_225532_zpsafcca7df.jpg

While some parts remained the same, others have been changed (sometimes at what seems to me at exorbitant costs like a new case, GPU's, open loop water cooling) and I'm still working on it. This is still a work-in-progress while I hunt for more parts to get.....certainly the Corsair H100 AIO will have to go in favor of an open loop system (got the water block, looking for rad and pump). I will also have the PCIe power cables sleeved with the familiar red/black scheme as well as the other cables visible thru the window. 

20140221_180934_zps80f1759d.jpg

Hell, way back when I was running a pair of HD2900XT's some years back, my color preference was still basically the same.... sometimes, I think it'd be easier to NOT have a window panel so I'd not care what color parts are inside, could be unicorn puke colors for all I care, but knowing myself, I'd still try to match the colors of the components used. Take a look at the pic below, when closed with the inner red and outer black side panels, nothing is visible, buuuut......I'd know. Hence, the red/black combo......yeah, it's nuts but I can't help myself.

P1000075.jpg

The point is, that it takes a measure of effort and money on your part to transform an ideal into reality....can be done with the myriad of parts and colors available, but it's not sometime that can be done quickly enough (seems that way to me at times).....and yes, it can get quite expensive at times.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

With all due respect; your stupidity and daftness astounds me.

My stupidity and daftness? How redundant, and also ironic!

I won't see a keyboard? I won't see a motherboard through a window of the case I'm buying? And to some extent yes I would be willing to spend more, hence why I'm buying the sabertooth z87.

I'm talking about the components inside the case. There's a point in PC building with getting matching colored parts where it's either you like what's available or you do it yourself, and I don't know how much you want to plastidip a motherboard. There aren't companies that offer a rainbow of colors for parts because it can be done on your own or there's no reason to because there's so little of a market for it.

Just accept it or get over it?

Agreed that it's just his opinion. But you have to understand that to get the aesthetically pleasing look that you are seeking requires a good deal of effort, time and money, no two ways about it. You have to make time to find the right combo of components that are pleasing to you, and sometimes adopt that 'budget be damned!" attitude. I have a pretty powerful main rig, and it has evolved since two years ago when I had it assembled.....but I am consistent in that I still prefer the red and black motif.

20130210_225532_zpsafcca7df.jpg

While some parts remained the same, others have been changed (sometimes at what seems to me at exorbitant costs like a new case, GPU's, open loop water cooling) and I'm still working on it. This is still a work-in-progress while I hunt for more parts to get.....certainly the Corsair H100 AIO will have to go in favor of an open loop system (got the water block, looking for rad and pump). I will also have the PCIe power cables sleeved with the familiar red/black scheme as well as the other cables visible thru the window. 

20140221_180934_zps80f1759d.jpg

Hell, way back when I was running a pair of HD2900XT's some years back, my color preference was still basically the same.... sometimes, I think it'd be easier to NOT have a window panel so I'd not care what color parts are inside, could be unicorn puke colors for all I care, but knowing myself, I'd still try to match the colors of the components used. Take a look at the pic below, when closed with the inner red and outer black side panels, nothing is visible, buuuut......I'd know.

P1000075.jpg

The point is, that it takes a measure of effort and money on your part to transform an ideal into reality....can be done with the myriad of parts and colors available, but it's not sometime that can be done quickly enough (seems that way to me at times).....and yes, it can get quite expensive at times.

I'm not a big fan of black and red but you did a damn good job. That's beautiful!

My rant stemmed from not being able to find a keyboard with a white LED that I liked. I had found a solution to everything else. I only brought up the colors of motherboards to use as an example. I still don't see painting motherboards as a viable option though.

I'm not a big fan of black and red but you did a damn good job. That's beautiful!

My rant stemmed from not being able to find a keyboard with a white LED that I liked. I had found a solution to everything else. I only brought up the colors of motherboards to use as an example. I still don't see painting motherboards as a viable option though.

Thanks! :)  You should see some of the custom jobs I've seen, truly droolworthy! :D

I'm also the resident keyboard nut here though I'm no expert like Jokrik or The Profosist, but still, I know my way around keyboards.....what exactly, in terms of color, switch type, and size (whether full-sized, TKL or 60% keyboards) are you looking for? Look at my sig, I think I'm the only guy here with >20 mechanical keyboards....just love the heck out of them! :)

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Thanks! :)  You should see some of the custom jobs I've seen, truly droolworthy! :D

I'm also the resident keyboard nut here though I'm no expert like Jokrik or The Profosist, but still, I know my way around keyboards.....what exactly, in terms of color, switch type, and size (whether full-sized, TKL or 60% keyboards) are you looking for? Look at my sig, I think I'm the only guy here with >20 mechanical keyboards....just love the heck out of them! :)

i tot u had topre too?

Thanks! :) You should see some of the custom jobs I've seen, truly droolworthy! :D

Well I don't like typical keyboards because IMO, no offense to others, they just look old. They look like the same thing I used when I was a kid. The furthest departure from that that was mechanical was the corsair K70 or Razer Blackwidow. Problem is, I'm going to be building a computer with all black internal parts and a white case. I wanted everything black and white. Finding a mouse with white LED is much easier. Those two keyboards above come with a red led on a black keyboard and green led. Not white. The only white led corsair keyboard has too many keys. Keys that I would never ever use.

Oh and also MX Brown which makes things a tad more difficult.