I need to rant for a second

minimalist

I've been a Mac buyer for the past 7 or 8 years. With that said, I want to be able to customize and upgrade parts which is why I'm switching back to PC again. Maybe I've been spoiled with Apple's design which made buying peripherals and what not very easy. There wasn't much to choose from but it always looked good. It was all easy and looked great.

Now that I'm putting together a PC I expected it to be harder to put together a good looking and coordinated PC because there are so many options, which I wanted. No, it's damn near impossible. There are gold, green, red, blue components on motherboards. Keyboards with only green, red, blue LED lights. Nothing is interchangeable and nothing is offered in more than one color. If you care about design and the looks of things, you're pretty much screwed.

WTF is up with that?

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

are you sure because they're awesome with me and choice are infinite 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

If it is impossible, you're not trying hard enough.

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

apple's computers are well built, but their keyboard and mice are trash.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Apple is one company, PC building is dozens of big name players.

So shouldn't colors be interchangeable or more than just 1 offered? Offering one random finish is just dumb. Offer more than one or make the components with color interchangeable. It's a crap shoot with products. I'd rather see everything black or silver and leave it up to enthusiasts to add their own color somehow.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

So shouldn't colors be interchangeable or more than just 1 offered? Offering one random finish is just dumb. Offer more than one or make the components with color interchangeable. It's a crap shoot with products. I'd rather see everything black or silver and leave it up to enthusiasts to add their own color somehow.

Then just go with something like ASUS ROG, black and red. 

If it is impossible, you're not trying hard enough.

Not true. Sure it's possible if you want it to look, okay. But if you want to look awesome the offerings are just way too limited.

Then just go with something like ASUS ROG, black and red.

I hate black and red. It's the most common color combination and is just lazy.

I work in design so I'm also very particular. That's making it harder for me.

I hate black and red. It's the most common color combination and is just lazy.

I work in design so I'm also very particular. That's making it harder for me.

if your cases doesn't have a window you have NOTHING to complain about. you won't be able to see it.

that reminds me. I can't think of many apple products you can see much less open and see the internals of.

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

"Keyboards with only green, red, blue LED lights" ~OP

I call bullshit.

one link: https://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_list&c=117 seven colors

I wasn't clear enough. You're right. But, for example, Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer Blackwidow. They look good but offer only a green led or red/blue led. They also look much better than what you just posted. Those ducky shine KB's look too boring to me. They look like the same thing I used when I was 14. It's 2014.

I wasn't clear enough. You're right. But, for example, Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer Blackwidow. They look good but offer only a green led or red/blue led. They also look much better than what you just posted. Those ducky shine KB's look to boring to me. They look like the same thing I used when I was 14. It's 2014.

I don't like arguing over looks of components because it's all up to one opinion. Which you seem to be very touchy on.

Just wait a little bit Longer. RGB corsair keyboards will be on the market in just a little bit.

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

if your cases doesn't have a window you have NOTHING to complain about. you won't be able to see it.

that reminds me. I can't think of many apple products you can see much less open and see the internals of.

The case I'm getting is a NZXT H440 and it's white, with a window. I want a keyboard with white led and all of the decent looking keyboards which I mentioned above, the Das Keyboard is okay, only offer one color, green or red/blue. The offerings of parts is just a giant clusterfuck when it comes to design/color.

I wasn't clear enough. You're right. But, for example, Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer Blackwidow. They look good but offer only a green led or red/blue led. They also look much better than what you just posted. Those ducky shine KB's look too boring to me. They look like the same thing I used when I was 14. It's 2014.

what colors do you want?

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

what colors do you want?

White LED. Maybe a solid black instead of that steel on the Corsair boards as well. The market for PC's is just weird for me I guess. Ok surprised nobody has seen an opportunity there and taken advantage of it. Seems like you guys are really deprived of good design. Then again, Apple is deprived of performance and upgradeability. The two worlds need to meet up and have a child already.

dukcy shine 3 has white led. thats what i have.. solid keyboard

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

White LED. Maybe a solid black instead of that steel on the Corsair boards as well. The market for PC's is just weird for me I guess. Ok surprised nobody has seen an opportunity there and taken advantage of it. Seems like you guys are really deprived of good design. Then again, Apple is deprived of performance and upgradeability. The two worlds need to meet up and have a child already.

Not deprived of good design. [insult taken]

the right people are just not in this thread atm.

The case I'm getting is a NZXT H440 and it's white, with a window. I want a keyboard with white led and all of the decent looking keyboards which I mentioned above, the Das Keyboard is okay, only offer one color, green or red/blue. The offerings of parts is just a giant clusterfuck when it comes to design/color.

PC components are available in almost every colour imaginable. If you tell us what colours and aesthetics you want I'm certain that someone on here can point you to the ideal component for you :)

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/cm-storm-quickfire-tk-white-body-mid-size-led-mechanical-gaming-keyboard/

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

it feels like they just created a monopoly i mean look at the iphone's they are the same thing. it's not like you're going to be worse off with either option but keep in mind that they can charge premium prices for anything they would like. a simple connector you can get for 5 bucks is being charged 20 bucks it's a ridiculous business model that works

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Apple is one company, PC building is dozens of big name players.

You are complaining about having a choice. 

My thoughts exactly:

"says that he wants more choices"

"complains about choices when he gets them"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah, I know about that keyboard.  It's like the Ducky Shine keyboards though.  It just looks old.  No offense to those who own it.  I just don't like the way it looks.  Compare that keyboard with the K70 or the Blackwidow and it's not much of a competition aesthetic wise.

it feels like they just created a monopoly i mean look at the iphone's they are the same thing. it's not like you're going to be worse off with either option but keep in mind that they can charge premium prices for anything they would like. a simple connector you can get for 5 bucks is being charged 20 bucks it's a ridiculous business model that works

I think they incorporate a premium based on their design alone.  There's no denying they design good product.  They just can't compete when it comes to upgrading your parts.  You can't upgrade.  Well you can, just memory on the iMac.  Meh