I can't boot into Windows 10 after restarting

JurKo

When I try to restart my pc trough Windows the monitor displays this :"Reboot and select proper Boot device". If I use the power button on the case I can turn the pc on and off without any problems.

After rebooting I have tried to access the UEFI, but the M.2 drive doesn't show up, but if I don't restart trough Windows and get into the UEFI the drive shows up and everything works fine.

PC Specifications:

Asrock x370-hdv;

Adata XPG SX6000 Pro;

Ryzen 5 3600x;

2 minutes ago, JurKo said:

When I try to restart my pc trough Windows the monitor displays this :"Reboot and select proper Boot device". If I use the power button on the case I can turn the pc on and off without any problems.

After rebooting I have tried to access the UEFI, but the M.2 drive doesn't show up, but if I don't restart trough Windows and get into the UEFI the drive shows up and everything works fine.

PC Specifications:

Asrock x370-hdv;

Adata XPG SX6000 Pro;

Ryzen 5 3600x;

How long has this been going on?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

How long has this been going on?

This "glitch" appeared out of nowhere, when I restarted my PC a couple of months ago.

Reseat the M.2 device and retry. If it is not detected in UEFI there is a chance it's dead.

1 minute ago, aDoomGuy said:

Reseat the M.2 device and retry. If it is not detected in UEFI there is a chance it's dead.

I think you got me wrong. The SSD works fine. The transfer speeds are good, its only when I restart my computer trough the Power menu when things get weird.

3 minutes ago, JurKo said:

I think you got me wrong. The SSD works fine. The transfer speeds are good, its only when I restart my computer trough the Power menu when things get weird.

Try to reseat it and see if it gets any better. I had similar problems when my NVMe died.

Yea that is not a Windows issue. This is your motherboard that has an issue.

I'll move the thread to the Troubleshooting section to bring more attention to your problem

1 hour ago, aDoomGuy said:

Try to reseat it and see if it gets any better. I had similar problems when my NVMe died.

I just tried your method and it seems like it didn't change anything.

18 minutes ago, JurKo said:

I just tried your method and it seems like it didn't change anything.

Is your BIOS up to date?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Is your BIOS up to date?

The BIOS version is the newest one from Asrock.

I literally have the same problem. I just started having this issue after I reinstalled windows 10 due to other issues. 

Ryzen 7 3700x

Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus Wifi

Adata Xpg Sx6000 Pro 1TB

Running the latest BIOS

When I shut down the PC completely and turn it back on, there isn't any issue. Transfer speeds are fast. No problems running programs. 

The problem only occurs if I choose to restart the PC through Windows. Then, the disk is not detected. Not even in BIOS. Motherboard won't find any boot drive available.

But then when I turn it off completely and turn it back on, no problems. Problem recycles on restart. 

Edited by vanerik
Replied post deleted

Bumping this up. Just a last follow-up in case anyone might know what's happening here.

Try installing your motherboard's Chipset and Storage Controller Drivers for Windows from the motherboard manufacture's website. Sounds like a recent update might be causing windows to dismount the storage improperly.

-pp

I got the latest chipset and storage drivers installed. I don't think this is a problem with windows because as stated before, the drive isn't even present in BIOS after restart.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 11:33 PM, vanerik said:

I got the latest chipset and storage drivers installed. I don't think this is a problem with windows because as stated before, the drive isn't even present in BIOS after restart.

Hi Vanerik! were you able to solve this problem? I have this same problem, with the same ssd.

On 6/6/2020 at 10:42 AM, auken said:

Hi Vanerik! were you able to solve this problem? I have this same problem, with the same ssd.

The situation is a little better right now, I think? 

By better I mean it's inconsistent. Sometimes, restarting goes through with no problems. Sometimes it doesn't. I haven't changed anything in my system so far.