Windows 10 partition on a SSD, resizing?

Edward78

I think the small one is Recovery (but why would it be that small?), anyway it tells me if I mess with it Win10 might be unbootable? It would be silly to not let my data one take the left over space.

Screenshot at 2020-05-14 12-20-31.png

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

You can use MiniTool Partition Wizard (from Windows), delete that second ntfs partition, move small partitions to the end of drive, resize first ntfs partition.

Don't know if it's what you want to do (made one big partition).

If you have problem only with that two small partitions and you want to have two ntfs partitions - leave it as is. Nothing wrong with that settings.

I want to shrink the Windows partition, move Recovery to the end (after Windows 10) & expand data. That will not make Windows unbootable will it?

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

16 hours ago, Edward78 said:

I want to shrink the Windows partition, move Recovery to the end (after Windows 10) & expand data. That will not make Windows unbootable will it?

You can shrink system partition, move recovery to the left and resize data. Do not change partitons order.

9 hours ago, homeap5 said:

You can shrink system partition, move recovery to the left and resize data. Do not change partitons order.

Cool, I thought so.