iOS 7.0.6 update [6.1.6 for older devices]

Ebenesh

img_0156.png?w=372&h=660

Original post : http://wp.me/p4jH0M-6M

Apple just pushed the iOS 7.0.6 update to all devices iPod touch(5th ), iPhone(4S and up), iPad(2nd and up). The update seems to  "provide a fix for SSL connection verification," which fixed the issue that iOS 7.0.4, a vulnerability where "an attacker with a privileged network position may capture or modify data in sessions protected by SSL/TLS." The problem was resolved "by restoring missing validation steps."

Also with the iOS 7.0.6, there was also a iOS 6.1.6 for all iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4. This is also a similar fix which seems to amaze us because Apple never updates older devices, so I am personally guessing that this update had some significant effect to a certain vulnerability.

iOS 7.1 update, the 5th dev build is also to be pushed by mid-march.

Also chk: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6147

iOS 7 runs like balls on anything pre iPhone 5

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

This is also a similar fix which seems to amaze us because Apple never updates older devices, so I am personally guessing that this update had some significant effect to a certain vulnerability.

If you think Apple never updates older devices, you have missed a lot. iOS 6.1.5 for example was a fix for iPod touch 4G alone*. One of the advantages that the whole iOS philosophy brings: When there's a fix needed, everyone gets it immediately, not this shitty overdependence on your hardware manufacturer that you have with other mobile OS.

*) http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1702

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

it has become better over the updates though. My iPod really suffered after the iOS 7 update. But the main concern is the fact that it has become quite vulnerable 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/software-services/iPhones-iPads-vulnerable-to-hacking-Apple/articleshow/30832854.cms?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOITech

If you think Apple never updates older devices, you have missed a lot. iOS 6.1.5 for example was a fix for iPod touch 4G alone. One of the advantages that the whole iOS philosophy brings: When there's a fix needed, everyone gets it immediately, not this shitty overdependence on your hardware manufacturer that you have with other mobile OS.

"hardly ever" is actually what I meant 

it has become better over the updates though. My iPod really suffered after the iOS 7 update. But the main concern is the fact that it has become quite vulnerable 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/software-services/iPhones-iPads-vulnerable-to-hacking-Apple/articleshow/30832854.cms?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOITech

Interesting...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Runs fine to me. 

It's faster than the update for 3gs with IOS 6. 

My 4S runs just fun. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Runs fine to me. 

It's faster than the update for 3gs with IOS 6. 

My 4S runs just fun. 

Every single 4S I have seen has ran like absolute shit. Like worse stutter than a lot of early android phones. 

Buggy as hell, a lot of peoples cameras and email broke with the update (from what i have seen)

Hail Sithis!

Every single 4S I have seen has ran like absolute shit. Like worse stutter than a lot of early android phones. 

Buggy as hell, a lot of peoples cameras and email broke with the update (from what i have seen)

My 4S has never stuttered. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

All phones stutter, just some less than others. you are a lucky man :D

Hail Sithis!

I have 3 issues with iOS 7.x.x

Transitions take too long

Wasted space on Tablets for desktop folders

Horrible multitasking feature. It's so annoying trying to swipe those apps up, why not just bring back the x to kill the app.

Hail Sithis!

Update: Researchers say they've found evidence that OS X also has SSL validation issues. Security firm Crowdstrike analyzed the iOS updates, and say they've found evidence both of Apple's platforms were vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks. They expect Apple will push a fix for OS X soon, but for now recommend avoiding shady WiFi hotspots and updating only on trusted networks -- good habits to practice any time.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/21/apple-ssl-update/

I've just applied this update as a test. At work we actually use a 'man in the middle' to decrypt secure traffic. I'm hoping this won't break it.

Shouldn't do, as the name and ip address on our dummy certificates match the proxy server..

my apple fanboy of a cousin refuses to see how ios7 slowed down his 4s i SWEAR it takes almost a whole second or more  to go to the home screen after pressing the home button

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

my apple fanboy of a cousin refuses to see how ios7 slowed down his 4s i SWEAR it takes almost a whole second or more  to go to the home screen after pressing the home button

Yeah, you wouldn't believe how many users hated it when it came out.

It adds so many useless features...

Parallax? WHY!

Inconsistencies in ui

glossy, matte, and see through elements just jumbled in randomly...

It's a decent OS but Apple was grabbing at straws.

Hail Sithis!

I think I knew their was an update when it popped in my face while playing Flappy Bird.

Cheese

Horrible multitasking feature. It's so annoying trying to swipe those apps up, why not just bring back the x to kill the app.

You know what would make the multitasking feature better? A kill all button at the bottom left corner. I also like swipe up to close gesture. It enables users to close the current running app without minimizing it. But I do agree with the first two issues you pointed out. iOS 7.1 seems promising.

I have an iPad 2 and for some reason it works way better on iOS 7 compared to the iPhone 4s. All of the 4s' have a terrible lag. You sir are one lucky guy. Enjoy your phone :)

Agreed !! Esp transitions ! Really irritating sometimes

Have you tried jailbreaking to fix your issues? I've sped the transitions up greatly on my iPad

This is worse than when iOS 6 launched...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

it works fine on my 4S but I am running the 7.1 beta, so that could be why it is not stuttering. I've been on the beta version for so long I forgot all of the issues with the launch version of iOS 7. 

btw 7.1 will fix almost every issue people had

Nice to see Apple still cares for users with devices not running the newest OS.

Very few of the media state that this exploit only works if the attacker is on the same network as the victim.  Makes this more of a "man-in your living room-attack"

Always be careful in public wifi's