ASRock AB350M Pro4 + RGB Case Fans

Hi guys

I need some advice:

I'm using the AB350M Pro4 mobo and at the moment I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition and a standard case fan connected.

I would like to add 3x112 RGB fans to the front of my case (Gelid RADIANT-D link).

How could I make this happen and still be allowed to control the speed of the fans & rgb color?

Is there a way to do it with the mobo, or would I need a fan hub, ...?

MOBO SPECS:

- 1 x RGB LED Header*
- 1 x AMD Fan LED Header*
- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)**
- 2 x Chassis Fan Connectors (1 x 3-pin, 1 x 4-pin - Smart Fan Speed Control)***

*Supports in total up to 12V/3A, 36W LED Strip
The AMD Fan LED Header supports LED strips of maximum load of 3A (36W) and length up to 2.5M.
**The CPU Fan Connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power.
***CHA_FAN1 can auto detect if 3-pin or 4-pin fan is in use.

Hi krookzy,

I would just use a fan hub.

You can still adjust the speed of the fans and the RGB, but you can't change the RPM of the fans / RGB individually. Only all fans or none.

The CPU Cooler won't be affected, because it has it's own connector. You should find a Fan Controller which supports RGB, else that won't work.

Hannes

-Moved to CPUs, Motherboard and Memory-

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, AG_Germany said:

Hi krookzy,

I would just use a fan hub.

You can still adjust the speed of the fans and the RGB, but you can't change the RPM of the fans / RGB individually. Only all fans or none.

The CPU Cooler won't be affected, because it has it's own connector. You should find a Fan Controller which supports RGB, else that won't work.

Hannes

So if I'd buy a A-RGB LED Small Controller I would be able to connect the fans (LED part) to the controller and then only one cable (LED part) would go to the motherboard? It comes with a 3 to 1 splitter 4 pin pmw, so I'd be able to connect the 3 fans to 1 CPU Fan connector of my motherboard.

Since I'd rather not use the 3 pin fan connector, I would then have to use a 2 to 1 splitter for my CPU fan & back case fan to connect to a 4 pin pmw, correct?

Will my motherboard be able to provide the power needed?