Vengeance 2100 Constantly breaking

creativename
Go to solution Solved by creativename,

Ok so it just seems that corsair has shit headsets overall. Well, that just makes it that the only thing I like from corsair now is their power supplys.... 

Starting with my vengeance 2000, now a vengeance 2100(after about 6 RMAs, they sent me the new one) the drivers keep breaking. Its really annoying.

Am I just getting terrible luck? Like, literally every single vengeance 2100 or 2000 I got, after about 3 months of use, the drivers start making this annoying cracking noise. How do I fix this.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

I guess yes since you needed to RMA it a lot but I know for a fact that the biuld quality on corsair headsets are shit. I have RMAed my 1300 twice and I gave up on it.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Get a better headset or use them more gingerly.

The headset even breaks itself. I don't know how...

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

The headset even breaks itself. I don't know how...

Well I never had the shape breaking, only the drivers. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Well I never had the shape breaking, only the drivers. 

I have my headset joint broken twice without even touching it... I don't fucking know how.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Ok so it just seems that corsair has shit headsets overall. Well, that just makes it that the only thing I like from corsair now is their power supplys.... 

All headsets not produced by a real audio company are garbage.

Well I have about 300 dollars saved up to buy a headphone. But I liked the convenience of wireless, that's why I stayed with the vengeance line for a bit longer. I guess it's time to say good-bye to wireless.

Well I have about 300 dollars saved up to buy a headphone. But I liked the convenience of wireless, that's why I stayed with the vengeance line for a bit longer. I guess it's time to say good-bye to wireless.

If you really wanted, the SteelSeries H Wireless wouldn't be a terrible choice. Just remember you're paying for the wireless functionality and not the audio quality.

If you really wanted, the SteelSeries H Wireless wouldn't be a terrible choice. Just remember you're paying for the wireless functionality and not the audio quality.

Honestly, I don't really care for audio quality as long as it isn't terrible. I only use it for skype anyway. And if you're wondering why I don't buy cheap headphones, its because they're uncomfortable as fuck :/ 

Their ram is awesome and their keyboards and mice are also very very good.

ASUS ROG G75VX

don't even get me started on their keyboards. k70 was one of the worst keyboards i've ever used.

Brother, ram isn't a headphone, keyboards aren't mics. And the science that goes into making all three of the aforementioned products are vastly different. 

don't even get me started on their keyboards. k70 was one of the worst keyboards i've ever used.

I am using the k70 and its awesome. Maybe you just have bad luck I guess...

ASUS ROG G75VX

Honestly, I don't really care for audio quality as long as it isn't terrible. I only use it for skype anyway. And if you're wondering why I don't buy cheap headphones, its because they're uncomfortable as fuck :/ 

I... can't find a video review/comparison on a bunch of wireless headsets done by @LinusTech... where'd it go Linus?!

I am using the k70 and its awesome. Maybe you just have bad luck I guess...

The rubber feet on the bottom are slippery, and the leg things don't even elevate the keyboard that high, the wrist rest is too small(though I don't even use it) and without the wrist rest theres a huge chin that I find pointless, the cable is too stiff, and other than the aluminum plate, the plastic they use is the chepeast thing I've ever felt. They're just not worth what they charge. They should be priced below coolermaster keyboards. This is all my opinion though. Corsair is just not good at making peripherals and cases. They are good at designing though.

The rubber feet on the bottom are slippery, and the leg things don't even elevate the keyboard that high, the wrist rest is too small(though I don't even use it) and without the wrist rest theres a huge chin that I find pointless, the cable is too stiff, and other than the aluminum plate, the plastic they use is the chepeast thing I've ever felt. They're just not worth what they charge. They should be priced below coolermaster keyboards. This is all my opinion though. Corsair is just not good at making peripherals and cases. They are good at designing though.

Corsair should really merge their design elements with the manufacturing elements of Cooler Master. It'd be so much win...