Liquid Cooler not fitting in case

I need a new case recommendation!!! I don't know if my case was too small or maybe just an incompatible cooler and case combo. Please help!

So, I have a NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case. I used PCpartpicker to select my components for this build (I will list my components at the bottom). I was attempting to install my Corsair H115i platinum liquid CPU Cooler and I noticed it was not fitting. Well it turns out that on the top of the case there is a power switch, USB, audio jack, etc. and the wires run about an inch and a half down. So my cooler is hitting those wires and it prevents me from being able to seat the cooler properly, or at all really. Can anyone advise me on a better case to fit these components? I realize now that this case has a tempered glass front and that will most likely also limit my ability to get airflow. I would like a case that maybe I could keep my RGB fans on the outside of the cooler so they would light up but then also have ones on the inside of the cooler to suck the air in through the cooler. (I don't know if that makes sense though.) Also instead of a tempered glass front I figured it may be more logical to have a mesh front. 

My parts are as follows: 

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi

Intel i9

Geforce RTX 2080 TI OC 11GB

Corsair RM750x PSU

Corsair H115i platinum liquid cooler

gskill trident z 4 sticks. 

Pictures of this BS:

IMG-7334.JPG

IMG-7336.JPG

IMG-7337.JPG

IMG-7338.JPG

Have you looked at other alternative ways to mount it first like on the top of the case ?

Just now, databreach said:

Have you looked at other alternative ways to mount it first like on the top of the case ?

well the top of the case only has one exhaust vent. 

16 minutes ago, Ship1617 said:

Well it turns out that on the top of the case there is a power switch, USB, audio jack, etc. and the wires run about an inch and a half down. So my cooler is hitting those wires and it prevents me from being able to seat the cooler properly, or at all really.

I believe for 280mm fans you have to mount the fans on the other side of the radiator as shown on their site:

large_8e0516c9bda6b1e8.jpg

You are correct though, especially for an i9 CPU and a 2080ti, a mesh fronted case will help you keep things cool rather than a TG front panel with a single side vent for airflow. An alternate that looks similar in shape and size to the H510 but has a mesh front is the Phanteks P300A. (As of posting this seems temporarily out of stock)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/crqBD3/phanteks-eclipse-p300a-mesh-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec300atg_bk01

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/crqBD3

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Okay, here is another question. As I have been looking at my case i realize that maybe this case just doesn't support mounting the cooler before the fans..... I have seen different thoughts on whether this is good or bad. So I think i can definitely fit the cooler if i put the fans first where they come in the fan. Do you think my build performance will suffer if i do this?

IMG-7339.JPG

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I believe for 280mm fans you have to mount the fans on the other side of the radiator as shown on their site:

large_8e0516c9bda6b1e8.jpg

You are correct though, especially for an i9 CPU and a 2080ti, a mesh fronted case will help you keep things cool rather than a TG front panel with a single side vent for airflow. An alternate that looks similar in shape and size to the H510 but has a mesh front is the Phanteks P300A. (As of posting this seems temporarily out of stock)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/crqBD3/phanteks-eclipse-p300a-mesh-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec300atg_bk01

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/crqBD3

Okay, do you think my performance will suffer if i keep this case and mount the fans like the image? I just don't know if i should return this case and purhcase a new on. or I mean customize the front by adding mesh haha

That image also seems to be showing a liquid cooled CPU and GPU with the front radiator being GPU cooler, so i hope that isnt an issue also.

11 minutes ago, Ship1617 said:

Okay, do you think my performance will suffer if i keep this case and mount the fans like the image? I just don't know if i should return this case and purhcase a new on. or I mean customize the front by adding mesh haha

Having the case on one side of the radiator or the other has no inpact on the performance of the AIO what-so-ever. The case itself will have an impact becasue the H510 Elite is not designed with maximum airflow in mind, something I'd strongly recommend for an I9 (I'm assuming 9900k) and a 2080ti. 

My short list under $100 would be:

Phanteks P400A 

Coolermaster MB511 

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG

Fractal Design Meshify C

9 minutes ago, Ship1617 said:

That image also seems to be showing a liquid cooled CPU and GPU with the front radiator being GPU cooler, so i hope that isnt an issue also.

A non-issue. just how they happened to have it configured in the picture. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Okay, new case it is. Thank you for the input. Guess I wont be building it this week ha.

Any one have any experience with case modding? If I just didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning this case and wanted to mod the front and add mesh, is that do-able?