Should I upgrade?

Noix
4 minutes ago, Noix said:

Hi mate, I've decided to sell the 4k monitor I currently own to go for a 144hz 1440p monitor instead, so was thinking of going for either of these two cards :

- Card 1 - card 2

Or if you have any other recommendations I could check out? Appreciate the help!

The Sapphire Pulse, because it's cheaper and it outperforms the RTX 2060. Unless you're concerned with driver issues with AMD, then you should buy the RTX 2060.

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

Just managed to seel my 4k monitor, so I am able to put more towards a gpu now. I read about people waiting until august for the prices to go down but im going to buy 144hz 1440p monitor anyway so not sure its worth waiting. This is the monitor Im thinking of getting. Monitor which has NVIDIA G-SYNC.

Looking at these two gpus atm :

gpu1

gpu 2

gpu 3

The 5700 xt seems to outperform the 2070 but ive seen mixed reviews.

Also wanted to see if these gpus will be fine with the motherboard and cpu that Im currently running? Ryzen 5 1600x + Asus prime b350 plus. Cheers for the help!

9 minutes ago, Noix said:

Just managed to seel my 4k monitor, so I am able to put more towards a gpu now. I read about people waiting until august for the prices to go down but im going to buy 144hz 1440p monitor anyway so not sure its worth waiting. This is the monitor Im thinking of getting. Monitor

Looking at these two gpus atm :

gpu1

gpu 2

gpu 3

The 5700 xt seems to outperform the 2070 but ive seen mixed reviews.

Also wanted to see if these gpus will be fine with the motherboard and cpu that Im currently running? Ryzen 5 1600x + Asus prime b350 plus. Cheers for the help!

The tuf is a great display it's an ips if I recall correctly with great color reproduction

The 2070 is weaker than the 5700xt but I recommend the 2070 super which is the best I think it'll bottle neck a bit with the 1600x but nothing too significant

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

The tuf is a great display it's an ips if I recall correctly with great color reproduction

The 2070 is weaker than the 5700xt but I recommend the 2070 super which is the best I think it'll bottle neck a bit with the 1600x but nothing too significant

The 2070 super is £100 more then both the 2060 super and the 2070. If I were to get either the 2060 super or 2070 I could upgrade my cpu down the line to a newer amd if its necessary, or just get a 2070 super?

5 minutes ago, Noix said:

The 2070 super is £100 more then both the 2060 super and the 2070. If I were to get either the 2060 super or 2070 I could upgrade my cpu down the line to a newer amd if its necessary, or just get a 2070 super?

The 5700xt outperforms the 2070

2070 super is about the same 

But the 2070 super should be the same price it's weird that it's more expensive

But if you don't care about the nvec encoder or tensor cores / rt cores 

And you should know that the 5700xt does come with driver issues most likely if you are willing to take the touch 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

14 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

The 5700xt outperforms the 2070

2070 super is about the same 

But the 2070 super should be the same price it's weird that it's more expensive

But if you don't care about the nvec encoder or tensor cores / rt cores 

And you should know that the 5700xt does come with driver issues most likely if you are willing to take the touch 

Ok sweet, yeah not really a fan of the driver issues the amd cards are having. 2070 super sounds like the one, even if I have to pay a bit more now its better in the long run. 

3 minutes ago, Noix said:

Ok sweet, yeah not really a fan of the driver issues the amd cards are having. 2070 super sounds like the one, even if I have to pay a bit more now its better in the long run. 

Just letting you know (for you to decide) it might be not worth it getting the super 

Just giving you an idea of how the super will perform 

2070 : will perdo about a 1080

2070 super : will perform REALLY close to a 2080

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

Just letting you know (for you to decide) it might be not worth it getting the super 

Just giving you an idea of how the super will perform 

2070 : will perdo about a 1080

2070 super : will perform REALLY close to a 2080

Ah alright, just a quick question im currently running a quiet pure rock bk009 with the 1600x chip and a 550x corsair power supply, can the 550 psu handle the 2070 super?

12 minutes ago, Noix said:

Ah alright, just a quick question im currently running a quiet pure rock bk009 with the 1600x chip and a 550x corsair power supply, can the 550 psu handle the 2070 super?

It can handle it but barely  but for the mean time it should be fine 

Build Log: 

On 5/4/2020 at 11:48 PM, Noix said:

Hi all,

Had my pc for a while now, and never really know if I should upgrade parts or not, with everything getting upgraded all the time. Been playing a lot of games lately (warzone, gta etc) and was also thinking of getting a 144hz monitor. Will the 1060 be able to handle 144hz and a 4k monitor or should I upgrade to something newer? Was also considering another ram stick but then dont know if its even necessary. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Current Specs -

0a5320841ff67de95a97c11712a48d86.png

Well it soley depends on your personal standards and convenience + the money you can and would like to pony up incase of an upgrade. 

I mean first are you satisfied with the current performance of your games and the settings you are playing them ? if yes then you do NOT need to upgrade. 

Do you really need/want a 144hz monitor ? (and clarify this you are between a 144hz 1080p or 1440p monitor or a 4k or you want a 144hz 4k monitor? ) 

If yes then just buy the monitor and see if you are satisfied with your current performance. 

Because especially if you mean 4k 144hz there are like a couple of options you have in the GPU department to drive that monitor and they are ridiculously expensive (2080 or 2080 ti also your CPU will kinda be stressed, I would say not  that it will become a bottleneck since driving 144hz on 4k is mainly GPU bound load  but still a better CPU would help a little) 

Anything else will need sacrifices (e.g RTX 2070 and lower GPUs and with which your CPU "bottleneck factor" will show more) so we end in the beginning of my argument that compromises will need to be made so just check if you are satisfied with the compromises you will have to make anyway with your current gear maybe it doesnt make sense to spend 500 euro to get better performance -still with compromises though but less in quantity or quality- )