Good AIO?

I am looking to get a 360mm AIO to cool my Ryzen 7 3700x (I know it’s overkill but I plan on keeping the cooler if I upgrade) and am struggling to decide what a AIO would be, every time I find one it looks good but the reviews are flooded with complaints and issues. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If I had to buy an AIO I would get it from corsair or NZXT.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

9 minutes ago, Stlerfn said:

I am looking to get a 360mm AIO to cool my Ryzen 7 3700x (I know it’s overkill but I plan on keeping the cooler if I upgrade) and am struggling to decide what a AIO would be, every time I find one it looks good but the reviews are flooded with complaints and issues. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Don't get an aio. The reason they're all flooded with complaints and issue's is because they're bad. Also for comparison how overkill a 360 aio is a noctua u12s was cooling a threadripper almost fine on yesterdays stream. So get a noctua nh d15 and you'll be good for years.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

If I had to buy an AIO I would get it from corsair or NZXT.

I was looking at NZXT Kraken but everyone was saying that the tubes block the first RAM slot, and the Corsair equivalent is out of stock on Amazon

5 minutes ago, Gundar said:

Don't get an aio. The reason they're all flooded with complaints and issue's is because they're bad. Also for comparison how overkill a 360 aio is a noctua u12s was cooling a threadripper almost fine on yesterdays stream. So get a noctua nh d15 and you'll be good for years.

Actually the temps from what I could tell were pretty good in the reviews, the problems I was seeing was RAM clearance or software related

23 minutes ago, Stlerfn said:

CPU are getting more and more energy efficient...not the other way around...even 240mm AIO is overkill.

I like corsair, had my unit for over 2 years now and still works like a champ (touching wood)...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

CPU are getting more and more energy efficient...not the other way around...even 240mm AIO is overkill.

I like corsair, had my unit for over 2 years now and still works like a champ (touching wood)...

On micro centers website, they list the Corsair H150i Pro as not being compatible with AM4?

3 minutes ago, Stlerfn said:

On micro centers website, they list the Corsair H150i Pro as not being compatible with AM4?

corsair disagree...

BUT if you're using a tread ripper socket you need to buy the braket

image.thumb.png.edb802a413052e45bfb0a77d6d6ca0c0.png

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 minutes ago, Stlerfn said:

beware though...these fans that corsair includes are real loud...you need to spin them a low RPM or replace them if you need more cooling...

BUT on a 360mm rad like that i would assume that even lower RPM shouldn't be an issue. They do push a lot of air and they do spin quite fast if you need...but they get loud real quick...i upgraded them personally.

corsair disagree...

It might be an old listing on Micro Centers website, thanks for the help, this looks good. I was gonna go with a NZXT One but people were complaining about RAM clearence

beware though...these fans that corsair includes are real loud...you need to spin them a low RPM or replace them if you need more cooling...

BUT on a 360mm rad like that i would assume that even lower RPM shouldn't be an issue. They do push a lot of air and they do spin quite fast if you need...but they get loud real quick...i upgraded them personally.

This won’t be an issue, I already have 6 Corsair fans so they are probably just as loud, thanks

5 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

corsair disagree...

Real quick, do you know the difference between this cooler and the XT variant?

4 minutes ago, Stlerfn said:

Real quick, do you know the difference between this cooler and the XT variant?

xt seem like a different design..i wouldn't know sorry...but maybe it,sn newer? id look for release date of products and youtube hardware video reviews outlets for more answers.

Personally i think i'd go with this one:

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/iCUE-RGB-PRO-XT-Coolers/p/CW-9060043-WW

4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

xt seem like a different design..i wouldn't know sorry...but maybe it,sn newer? id look for release date of products and youtube hardware video reviews outlets for more answers.

Personally i think i'd go with this one:

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/iCUE-RGB-PRO-XT-Coolers/p/CW-9060043-WW

That’s what I was gonna do but I can’t find it in the US. It’s out of stock on their website and on Amazon it’s way overpriced, the other one was available at Micro Center for the normal price so I may have to go with that

49 minutes ago, Gundar said:

Also, I want to add, my Case does not support CPU coolers taller than 155mm, most decent Air Coolers are too tall

6 minutes ago, Stlerfn said:

Also, I want to add, my Case does not support CPU coolers taller than 155mm, most decent Air Coolers are too tall

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YsHRsY/scythe-fuma-2-5117-cfm-cpu-cooler-scfm-2000

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

58 minutes ago, Salyace said:

Are aio deepcool coolers good?

No stick to Corsair/NZXT.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Corsair used to use Asetek coolers, now they do not. Whether this means it is better or worse, hard to say. I personally would get an Asetek cooler if I were to buy an AIO.

Scroll down here to see list of current generation Asetek partners.

https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthusiasts/diy-partners

13 hours ago, For Science! said:

Corsair used to use Asetek coolers, now they do not. Whether this means it is better or worse, hard to say. I personally would get an Asetek cooler if I were to buy an AIO.

Scroll down here to see list of current generation Asetek partners.

https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthusiasts/diy-partners

+1

The enormous majority of popular coolers are manufactured by asetek which means the only real difference is the warranty and aesthetics.  

NZXT's have the longest warranty at 6 years, have a stellar reputation, and a pretty cool mirror RGB light on the pump housing

Corsair's used to be Asetek but recently switched to CoolIT.

EVGA and Fractal also both use Aseteks.

I spent months trying to find a review of the perfect AIO and the result that I came up with is it doesn't exist.

They all work relatively well, and while they will never be as reliable as air coolers, air coolers will never cool as well as liquid coolers.

I just refreshed my build about 3 months ago and after using 2 different air coolers, a whole lot of data logging analysys, and curiosity, I decided to give the Liquid CLC a shot.

I'm happy I have a good robust data set to compare against so I will be able to definitively show any improvements if any once I get the AIO installed.

I ended up going with the EVGA CLC 360 based on reviews and price.  It's not as fancy as the NZXT, but it also cost $85 less.

Plus, last time I looked the only place that had the NZXT available was Amazon, and that was only for the 360.  The 280 was out of stock until June.