Upgrading My existing rig

Hello i would like to upgrade my cpu to a 6 core or an 8 core latest gen ryzen cpu and storage with a new case. I live in the U.S. My current build is: CASE: Themaltake Core V1 Snow edition MOBO: Asrock LGA 1151 H110M ITX a/c CPU: Intel kaby lake I5-6500 @ 3.2GHz RAM: Gskill rip jaws x2 8Gb DDR4 @2133Mhz GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 Mini 8GB Storage: 1x SP SATA III 240GB SSD 1x Segate 1TB HDD 7200RPM PSU: EVGA 750W SuperNova G3

I have a budget of approximately $600 and i my build must be a mini ITX and have built in wi-fi and im looking to OC the cpu and am willing to pay for RGB RAM and a NZXT cpu cooler. The theme of the build is black and white. I want the pc to be a streaming, gaming, and workstation for content creation. I will be keeping the GPU, PSU, and Stoage in this build, i want to have a NVMe SSD for increasesd speed. I will provide the link for the potential build i want. Also for the mobo im looking for more than one fan header in it for exhaust. 

1 minute ago, COMMANDER012 said:

Hello i would like to upgrade my cpu to a 6 core or an 8 core latest gen ryzen cpu and storage with a new case. I live in the U.S. My current build is: CASE: Themaltake Core V1 Snow edition MOBO: Asrock LGA H110M ITX a/c CPU: Intel kaby lake I5-6500 @ 3.2GHz RAM: Gskill rip jaws x2 8Gb DDR4 @2133Mhz GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 Mini 8GB Storage: 1x SP SATA III 240GB SSD 1x Segate 1TB HDD 7200RPM PSU: EVGA 750W SuperNova G3

I have a budget of approximately $600 and i my build must be a mini ITX and have built in wi-fi and im looking to OC the cpu and am willing to pay for RGB RAM and a NZXT cpu cooler. The theme of the build is black and white. I want the pc to be a streaming, gaming, and workstation for content creation. I will be keeping the GPU, PSU, and Stoage in this build, i want to have a NVMe SSD for increasesd speed. I will provide the link for the potential build i want. Also for the mobo im looking for more than one fan header in it for exhaust. 

This is a bit hard to dechifer. Please clearly list what new parts you need in a seperate PCPP, list your country for currency, and tell us what new specs you need.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

2 minutes ago, wall03 said:

This is a bit hard to dechifer. Please clearly list what new parts you need in a seperate PCPP, list your country for currency, and tell us what new specs you need.

the parts listed are the ones i would need in addition to what i already have. So basically anything i have already is not on the list. Disreguard the GPU

2 minutes ago, COMMANDER012 said:

the parts listed are the ones i would need in addition to what i already have. So basically anything i have already is not on the list. Disreguard the GPU

OK. ummm so clearing things up which contry currency is this (AUD, USD, etc) and you are asking for advice?

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

Just now, wall03 said:

OK. ummm so clearing things up which contry currency is this (AUD, USD, etc) and you are asking for advice?

USD and yes. Im asking for advice.

I wouldn't get that NVME drive, get something cheaper.

Other than that it looks fine.

If you're just gaming, consider the 3600x, especially if you're gaming at 1080p, or on a lower refresh rate display.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, COMMANDER012 said:

USD and yes. Im asking for advice.

ok. thanks. That build looks ok but isn't it $200 over budget?

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

i do game @ 1080p and i want to stream, record, and edit video on this rig any other cheaper storage option and also pc part picker says the MOBO needs a BIOS update.

I am not sure about updating BIOS out of the box.

3 minutes ago, wall03 said:

ok. thanks. That build looks ok but isn't it $200 over budget?

True it is around $200 over budget,  i was just trying to see my budget if i had the 8 core

2 minutes ago, COMMANDER012 said:

i do game @ 1080p and i want to stream, record, and edit video on this rig any other cheaper storage option and also pc part picker says the MOBO needs a BIOS update.

I am not sure about updating BIOS out of the box.

Ok just read this article from AMD about BIOS (also PCPP says that for every single B450 and X450 MB): https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

Basically they can loan you an Athlon 200GE to update MB temporarily

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

1 minute ago, COMMANDER012 said:

so all B450 boards need a BIOS update?

Well PCPP is assuming that. If the MB manufaturor updated it or releases it to make it 3rd-gen ready then no.

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

6 minutes ago, wall03 said:

Ok just read this article from AMD about BIOS (also PCPP says that for every single B450 and X450 MB): https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

Basically they can loan you an Athlon 200GE to update MB temporarily

No. It''s just a warning that PCPP always have when your pair B450 board with Ryzen 3000. Most boards have them already updated.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

1 minute ago, Fatih19 said:

No. It''s just a warning that PCPP always have when your pair B450 board with Ryzen 3000. Most boards have them already updated.

okay. So i am looking for a cheaper NVMe SSD than the one i have because im over budget

I replaced the 8 core with a 6 core now