Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DDR4 ram won't fit into DDR4 motherboard ?!

 Share

Go to solution Solved by empleat,

That as i said doesn't work at all. Ram is simply longer than a slot. As you said first it worked, on second time i inserted ram from the right side under angle and than it fitted to the left perfectly in 5 second. I tried that previously from left as it is on picture and it didn't work. It is matter of perspective, but i don't know who would put ram from side where cooler is, because it is inaccessible.I will order service, it is cheap and i don't want to break it, i tried fair amount of force and i installed ram many times, i won't apply more, it is weird it wouldn't click and slide completely into socket by now and i can't still secure it with lever.

 

EDIT: so i figured it and it is retarded and i updated it in my first post...

I have ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING - Intel Z390 and G.SKILL 16GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Trident Z RGB and i checked QVL and i found this ram in the list. Besides shouldn't all DDR4 ram be same ?  So i read manual and you should be holding them with both hands on each end and put them straight in and than secure slot with lever on the right. On the left lever is static and can't be flipped. I even measured slots, so i am 100% sure i am putting them in right direction as one side is shorter... Cooler almost block my ram slot, but it think there is tiny space still. First i thought cooler blocking it, but i don't think so. I tried right slot, which is long distance from cooler and not blocked on 100% and it still won't go in. This is my first DDR4 ram. I never had issue with ddr3, just push and secure it with levers on both sides at the same time. But this won't go even in. If i put it straight in, like it is in manual, it won't even go in. And if i put it with one side first, than second will be lifted like wtf ? Why i have always most ridiculous problems, last mobo socket level was faulty and you couldn't even move it...

 

So what have i learned: now every mobo have different way to put in ram, which sucks and is impractical and counter intuitive. That's apparently how you put ram on asus mobos and also start putting it first at angle like 30 degrees. At the side where is lever, which can be switched. Until you hear click (you know like there are squares on both side of ram with O inside, these should click first not ram pressed to the slot !!!), than put it on other side until your hear click with low force, it should slide like that in easily and than press one side with thumb and than other with thumb doesn't matter which first. link to video. Also asus manual is completely incorrect... Which is good way how to destroy ram, or be annoyed, they don't even know how to install ram to their own motherboard LMAO...

DDR4.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Put it in the "other" way, not flip it but put the side without the lever in first and then push down.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, empleat said:

I have ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING - Intel Z390 and G.SKILL 16GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Trident Z RGB and i checked QVL and i found this ram in the list. Besides shouldn't all DDR4 ram be same ?  So i read manual and you should be holding them with both hands on each end and put them straight in and than secure slot with lever on the right. On the left lever is static and can't be flipped. I even measured slots, so i am 100% sure i am putting them in right direction as one side is shorter... Cooler almost block my ram slot, but it think there is tiny space still. First i thought cooler blocking it, but i don't think so. I tried right slot, which is long distance from cooler and not blocked on 100% and it still won't go in. This is my first DDR4 ram. I never had issue with ddr3, just push and secure it with levers on both sides at the same time. But this won't go even in. If i put it straight in, like it is in manual, it won't even go in. And if i put it with one side first, than second will be lifted like wtf ? Why i have always most ridiculous problems, last mobo socket level was faulty and you couldn't even move it...

Insert your memory the other way around and ensure the notch in the memory lines up with the notch on the motherboard memory slot:

image.png.4de725ef375e4ff4720ab12f712905f6.png

 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

 

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, minibois said:

Insert your memory the other way around and ensure the notch in the memory lines up with the notch on the motherboard memory slot:

image.png.4de725ef375e4ff4720ab12f712905f6.png

 

Okay now you showed picture, i managed to put it there. This means manual is completely incorrect... It is hard, it has to be exactly in this weird angle, or it doesn't go in. Even 1 angle off and it won't go in... Yet when i press it on the other side it won't click and i am afraid to apply more force, motherboard is already bending. While i applied very low amount of force...

 

I put it out and now i can't get it back, i looked on the left lever from top and there are some things blocking it inside, so you can't put it there from top, but from bottom. That's why this angle. It clicked on the left. And now i can't put it on the right, ram is overreaching slot, why ram is pushed most to the left edge of socket... Weird. Btw what do you mean by click. DDR3 required fair amount of force and they click everywhere when you have to push them to the slot. But with this ram, is this necessary ? Because when i put left corner of ram to the left corner of socket it clicks. But i have to be sure, i don't want to destroy ram, because it is not pushed to the slot... I am thinking there is something wrong...

 

now  i it put from right to left and it went into slot flawlessly, while i put that in opposite direction previously and it went in after while, i don't know what is going on anymore... Just a question, do you have to push ram into slot, so they click everywhere ? Not just on place where lever is ? HArd to describe you know what i mean... Because i don't want to apply force, but i don't want to start computer, if they are not properly installed. 

 

Hmm i found from one video you should press it firmly and i can't secure socket, so it needs to go deeper in. However it is shaking little bit to the side and i think i already applied a lot of force and it doesn't go in. Doesn't make any sense, i never had problem with ddr3... I don't want to destroy it. And that motherboard is springy, it doesn't help... And ram having retarded shape. It is already completely in slot and i am sure i put it with long side where long side is, because it is already deep. So that's not it. Literally doesn't go in, i probably order pc service, i never thought i would need it, but this ram is retarded or motherboard or both, gives me headache aaaaaaaaaa...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, empleat said:

Okay now you showed picture, i managed to put it there. This means manual is completely incorrect... It is hard, it has to be exactly in this weird angle, or it doesn't go in. Even 1 angle off and it won't go in... Yet when i press it on the other side it won't click and i am afraid to apply more force, motherboard is already bending. While i applied very low amount of force...

Wait, I think I may have been mistaken.

Try inserting the memory not at an angle. Just straight down.

 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

 

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

That as i said doesn't work at all. Ram is simply longer than a slot. As you said first it worked, on second time i inserted ram from the right side under angle and than it fitted to the left perfectly in 5 second. I tried that previously from left as it is on picture and it didn't work. It is matter of perspective, but i don't know who would put ram from side where cooler is, because it is inaccessible.I will order service, it is cheap and i don't want to break it, i tried fair amount of force and i installed ram many times, i won't apply more, it is weird it wouldn't click and slide completely into socket by now and i can't still secure it with lever.

 

EDIT: so i figured it and it is retarded and i updated it in my first post...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×