Cooling Layout for the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

kurtbarker

Hey all,

I'm coming off the back of my 1st build 5 years ago and the things I did wrong (I think I'm exhausting hot air out of the bottom of my CM Storm Trooper), but I'm learning and I'd like some advice.

I really like the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic and after looking at several hours worth of cooling videos for this case I've come up with my three preferred options (and questions).

• Configuration 1
    • Cooling Options
      • A 360mm CPU AIO up top
      • A 360mm GPU AIO (using a NZXT Kraken G12) on the bottom
      • 3 intake fans on the side
    • Concerns
      • Would having the bottom AIO for intake and the top AIO for exhaust affect the side intake fans flowing through and out the back of the case.
        • Would you have both AIOs as exhaust and let the side intake flow through the case to the rear, and would this make a difference?
  • Configuration 2
    • Cooling Options
      • 3 top exhaust fans
      • 1 360mm GPU AIO (using a NZXT Kraken G12) on the bottom
    • Concerns
      • Would the top exhaust fans move the air from the side intake out, and would it effectively flow through the case, and does this matter?
  • Configuration 3
    • Cooling Options
      • 3 top exhaust fans
      • An Open Air GPU
    • Concerns
      • None really, and seems the typical option (besides a CPU AIO up top and an Open-Air Graphics Card (which I personally don't like)), but I have a gut feeling the top two with the GPU AIO would run cooler?

I ruled out a blower card due to the higher temperatures in the case, and didn't want an Open-Air Graphics Cooler with a Top Radiator as it seems to affect CPU temperatures negatively. 

Now after all that, is AIOing a Graphics Card a crazy law that I've just broken several times in this post?

Happy for other options, opinions, corrections, and experiences.

Thanks.

Note that I have never worked with the Lian Li PC-O11D case.

14 hours ago, kurtbarker said:
  • Configuration 1
    • Concerns
      • Would you have both AIOs as exhaust and let the side intake flow through the case to the rear, and would this make a difference?

Yes, but ANY top exhaust would "interfere with airflow going through the back of the case, as the air will just be sucked up through the top fans regardless of how hard the side fans try to pus the air into the case. 

• Configuration 2
    • Concerns
      • Would the top exhaust fans move the air from the side intake out, and would it effectively flow through the case, and does this matter?

The CPU has a tower style cooler? The front most top fan would just pull air cooling in from the side of the case and eject it out the top before it ever reaches a part of your computer with a heat sink. It matters partially, it will make some large CPU towers less effective if the top fans are fighting to pull air in a different direction than the CPU tower fans are pushing it. 

Now after all that, is AIOing a Graphics Card a crazy law that I've just broken several times in this post?

Not really, but most people choose a better built graphics card with a good air cooler over a reference board with a waterblock or AIO attached to it. (partially because most air coolers that are built right are good, partially because they come with better PCB's and power delivery for overclocking)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25