Thoughts on Lian Li Dynamic air-cooled only

Skeetdogg

Seems like this case targets liquid cooled builds but I'm interested in using as air-cooled only. Thoughts? 

The standard 011D's tower cooler support is fairly limited (≤155mm), but it can be done. A friend of mine is looking for a tower cooler to get him by for the time being (he plans to do a custom loop when he finally swaps out his 6100), and he's had a bit of trouble finding something that fits and he likes the look of.

I don't know the dimensions on the XL, however.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

It's fine. The Ryzen Wraith Prism is a very solid cooler, even the Stealth is good enough for most CPUs. You can fit a decent air cooler like the Cryorig H7 or Gammaxx 400 in it.

I plan to run a ryzen 3600 and sapphire nitro 5700xt. 

I'm currently looking in the XL version of this case. Gamers Nexus has a video breaking down every last detail of both cases. Here is the link to the video I am watching 

43 minutes ago, Skeetdogg said:

I plan to run a ryzen 3600 and sapphire nitro 5700xt. 

You'll be fine with the stock cooler

For case ventilation would you just do 3 fans on the side for intake? 

Assuming you mount three side intake fans and one rear exhaust fan.

The GPU thermal is great if three fans are mounted at the bottom intake. It is around 1~3C cooler than mesh case with front intake depending on what fans you use. 

The CPU thermal is meh, it is about 2~3C higher than mesh case with front intake.

Edit : My case is Lian Li O11D XL, but I think the result also applies to normal O11D.

Intel I7-10700KF stock - Noctua NH-D15 - A15+A12x25 

Micron Ballistix Sport LT 4133MHz CL17-21-21-40 @1.45v

GIGABYTE AORUS 3090 Xtreme 1905MHz@0.919v/2010MHz@1.063v +900/750 memory clock

Seasonic PX-1000

Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh 

11 hours ago, Skeetdogg said:

For case ventilation would you just do 3 fans on the side for intake? 

That would probably be the best positioning to benefit the CPU and GPU equally. Top intake would primarily aid the CPU stock cooler, and all bottom intake would push air straight into the GPU. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25