Anyone know the trendnet color scheme?

Shadow_Storm56

I had to put new ends on some of my poe security cameras before, not often but somtimes water gets in and wrecks the end. The colors are always non standard so I have no idea how to put an end on it, trying to see it from the old end but it's hard. It has a brown, white, 2 yellow, grey, green, purple and blue. Not sure if anyone has a clue of the color scheme but if you do thanks tons :)

image.gif.3d5e56d4fd12cf287a73e08921170b46.gif

If you are talking about an Ethernet cable, B is the more common standard, try to check the other end to make sure though.

Edit: Ignore the line at the bottom of the photo connecting the 2 sides, both sides need to be the same standard.

8 minutes ago, The_russian said:

image.gif.3d5e56d4fd12cf287a73e08921170b46.gif

If you are talking about an Ethernet cable, B is the more common standard, try to check the other end to make sure though.

Edit: Ignore the line at the bottom of the photo connecting the 2 sides, both sides need to be the same standard.

Oh I know this diagram I just mean with trendnet cameras they do not use this color scheme so in the end I managed to find a spot of the old connector to go by but I wish I could find what standard they are using. They use all solid colors

6 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Oh I know this diagram I just mean with trendnet cameras they do not use this color scheme so in the end I managed to find a spot of the old connector to go by but I wish I could find what standard they are using. They use all solid colors

Can you post the model of camera?

I’m highly skeptical that it requires a nonstandard Ethernet cable. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

23 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Can you post the model of camera?

I’m highly skeptical that it requires a nonstandard Ethernet cable. 

The cable it requires is standard I am saying the end that is on the camera corroded out. Thus I had to put a new end in it, the manufacturer used a different color scheme then we use here normally, I am pretty sure I found the right combination from a piece of the old end but I would like to be able to confirm. White, brown, blue, grey, purple, green, yellow then orange was what it appeared to be. spacer.pngspacer.png

Note: it's a trendnet tv-ip310pi

I must say that's a horrible design on their part.  Every camera I've seen comes with a socket not a plug on the end.

The Hikvision for example come with a screw-on waterproof shield.  (not that anything is 100% waterproof but it should limit exposure for a decent lifetime)

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

18 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I must say that's a horrible design on their part.  Every camera I've seen comes with a socket not a plug on the end.

The Hikvision for example come with a screw-on waterproof shield.  (not that anything is 100% waterproof but it should limit exposure for a decent lifetime)

Oh no it did have a socket, but water got in and ruined the socket so I had to put a plug end on. That's the whole issue is they used weird colors. See sometimes I just used dielectric greese because all the cameras they make have a style that you have to cut the end off your cable and remake it on the other side of the connector in order to use the waterproof connector. The cat5 end will not fit through it, they are great cameras but I wish companies didn't use weird non standard colors making repairs really hard.

2 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

What do your water resistant connectors look like and how do you find thoes cameras work?

In the end although it was really hard to see I did get the right color combination for the replacement end. So if you have a trendnet camera and the socket corrodes or gets damaged and needs to be replaced the color code is as stated above and shown in the picture.