Need suggestions about a case for my new build.

ChuckNewbie

After discussing my build with friends, I decided to try to build my first PC. Got all of my parts, prepped everything to start putting stuff together, and apparently my motherboard won't fit in my case. So I need some serious help on getting a case my stuff will fit in.

I don't want your everyday case because to me, they look boring. I want something somewhat smaller than normal because I love the look of compacted stuff. 

Anyways, here is what I got so far:

Thermaltake Core V21

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 Super

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

Corsair Hydro Series h100i

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb

2 - 2tb Seagate Firecuda

Samsung 970 Evo 1tb

Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750w

Noctua NF-F12

Thermaltake RIING

That is my build so far. I need a new case however, so any advice on what else I might need or could use would be really appreciated!

Hmm... Well, as for the Cube Case, the only thing that can fit ATX motherboard from ThermalTake is Level 20 XT, though it can be expensive. Maybe you can consider this. Link here: https://www.newegg.com/black-space-gray-thermaltake-level-20-xt-e-atx-cube-case/p/N82E16811133378

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

When you next upgrade, I would consider buying an ITX or MAtx if you really want a compact case because unless you have 2 GPUs, chances are you don't need all of them PCI slots. Was thinking of getting the Corsair 280x myself (i have the same dilemma).

At the moment i have the Fractal Define Meshify C which is basically the most compact you can get with an ATX motherboard. IMG_0910.thumb.jpg.791b85126e81edf0eaec92863f3bb4b4.jpg

On 4/25/2020 at 8:13 AM, ChuckNewbie said:

I don't want your everyday case because to me, they look boring. I want something somewhat smaller than normal because I love the look of compacted stuff. 

Welcome to the forum!

PCPartPicker i a good tool to use to double check compatibility with stuff like that. While it doesnt have every case listed, it can definietly narrow down the list based on cases that fit your motherboard, AND your GPU and AIO combo clearances.

The smallest case you can fit a 240 rad and an EVGA FTW3 card in is the Phanteks P300A (and that's with literally 1mm of clearance between the front RAD/fan setup and the end of the GPU). The below build uses a similarly long GPU (the asus strix) and you can see just how little room there is between the RAD and the GPU shroud (ignore the fact that it's rotated, this guy clearly wanted it rotated by any means necessary)

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/nndXsY

The Corsair 275R airflow gives you about 25mm/1" of clearance between the GPU and the radiator, but isnt "as small as possible"

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25