Maxwell Architecture holds A LOT of promise.

hopking123

So this week Nivida released their 750ti graphics card which packs a punch at its 150 dollar price range. The thing that amazes me is that there is no extra power needed. 

So with that said i thought, Maxwell in something like a Titan would be mind blowing! it could deliver almost 2x the profromance and still be low power consumption! I mean yeah you will still need to an extra power connecter, but not as much power would need to flow through for amazing profromance.

So what do you guys think? Maxwell, does it sound awesome, how do you think it will turn out?

if there is a 780ti Maxwell omg that would be just.............OP

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

It better be good with all this hype.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It's not the kind of stuff somebody like me is looking for. Yes power savings are good but i want a single GPU that maxes games in 4k. (SLI is a piece of shiiiit) 

Upcoming ; Titan "Low".

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Linus already shared a post basically saying to take the "promise" with multiple grains of salt.

I'm skeptical at best, and uninterested at worst. 

I don't know. I have a natural aversion to Nvidia at this point. So long as they don't fix their Minimum FPS issues, I'm probably gonna stay this way.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It's not the kind of stuff somebody like me is looking for. Yes power savings are good but i want a single GPU that maxes games in 4k. (SLI is a piece of shiiiit) 

Agreed.  From my experience, going with the highest single GPU you can afford is a more worth-while and reliable option than going with SLI.

CPU = Intel i7 4770K OC @ 4.1GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H105 | MOBO = Asus Z97 Maximus Gene VII | GPU = Asus STRIX 4GB GTX 980 | RAM = 32GB G. Skill Trident X Series @ 2400MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 850W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 120GB Corsair Neutron (OS) | SSD 2 = 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 (Games) | HDD = 1TB WD Green 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage)| OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout Edition w/ Window | KB = RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth | MS = Mionix NAOS 7000 | Monitor = 24" BenQ XL2420TE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Asus VS278Q-P @ 60Hz 
CPU = Intel i7-2700K OC @ 4.5GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H100i | MOBO = Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU = EVGA 3GB 780Ti Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler | RAM = 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 1,300W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series (OS) | SSD 2 = 120GB Kingston HyperX (Games) | HDD = 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage) | OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define XL R2 | KB = ROCCAT ISKU | MS = ROCCAT Kone XTD Optical | Monitor = 24" Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Acer G276HLDbmid @ 60Hz       

It's wouldn't be a 780ti then would it

Agreed.  From my experience, going with the highest single GPU you can afford is a more worth-while and reliable option than going with SLI.

I have the highest end cards... (except for Titan Black) 

That would be an 880, and is coming fairly soon I should think.

It's wouldn't be a 780ti then would it

I think what he meant is the equivalent of the 780ti Kepler card in Maxwell. Like a 880ti. 

I have the highest end cards... (except for Titan Black) 

Didn't suggest you didn't...

CPU = Intel i7 4770K OC @ 4.1GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H105 | MOBO = Asus Z97 Maximus Gene VII | GPU = Asus STRIX 4GB GTX 980 | RAM = 32GB G. Skill Trident X Series @ 2400MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 850W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 120GB Corsair Neutron (OS) | SSD 2 = 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 (Games) | HDD = 1TB WD Green 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage)| OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout Edition w/ Window | KB = RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth | MS = Mionix NAOS 7000 | Monitor = 24" BenQ XL2420TE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Asus VS278Q-P @ 60Hz 
CPU = Intel i7-2700K OC @ 4.5GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H100i | MOBO = Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU = EVGA 3GB 780Ti Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler | RAM = 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 1,300W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series (OS) | SSD 2 = 120GB Kingston HyperX (Games) | HDD = 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage) | OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define XL R2 | KB = ROCCAT ISKU | MS = ROCCAT Kone XTD Optical | Monitor = 24" Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Acer G276HLDbmid @ 60Hz       

Well if they can get the power consumption to normal nvidea levels then make it more powerful I will be happy, not to bothered about power consumption aslong as the cards is power-full ;D

Soo many games, not enough money to get any.

What about 780ti performance in a laptop gpu with the low power usage? That would be interesting.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

I would not except their flagship cards really soon, it would probably take them a while to get much performance compared to 780ti with 20nm process.

And most enthusiast pretty much already have power supplies to support 780ti etc. I see no reason to buy more power efficient card for higher price unless it is much more powerful.

Of course power consumption is directly related to heat and noise levels, but even with the coolers we already have the cards are really quiet and cool.

Good thing about maxwell of course is that you can probably go for SLI easily with 550w - 650w power supplies.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

ok Maxwell equivalent 780ti is what I meant

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Linus already shared a post basically saying to take the "promise" with multiple grains of salt.

I'm skeptical at best, and uninterested at worst. 

I don't know. I have a natural aversion to Nvidia at this point. So long as they don't fix their Minimum FPS issues, I'm probably gonna stay this way.

TK1 has nothing to do with Maxwell, its based on Kepler for instance.

Higher perf/w is how you increase performance now. Both AMD are operating near the limit for cooler designs and PCIe specs.

250w single GPUs are as high as well probably see, so to double the performance of the 780 Ti Nvidia needs to double the perf/w like they did with Fermi to Kepler.

TK1 has nothing to do with Maxwell, its based on Kepler for instance.

Higher perf/w is how you increase performance now. Both AMD are operating near the limit for cooler designs and PCIe specs.

250w single GPUs are as high as well probably see, so to double the performance of the 780 Ti Nvidia needs to double the perf/w like they did with Fermi to Kepler.

What do you mean with limits in PCIe specs? I thought the only limit was pcie bandwidth?

You could anyways add like three or more 8pin pci-e power connectors if needed.

Which would result to 525w of power  :lol:

After that you get a huge die to transfer it all to your huge waterblock and radiators.

Curing shitposts by shitposts