Earphones ~£40

kristaps552

Hi fellow forum audiophiles and other types of philes,

I am in a search of earphones under £40 as my sennheiser cx300ii recently broke after a year of abusive use.(well somewhat)
I really liked my sennheisers and I wouldn't mind buying them again, but I am willing to go another route, so I am asking you guys.
Apparently the Soundmagic E10 are really great and they're within my budget but I am not too sure about their durability, then again,

maybe you can convince me that they're as good or better than the sennheisers. 

So please halp.

I live in the uk, btw.

Cheers.

EDIT: I will only use them to play music through my Nexus 5

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

RHA M350 or M450i if you want the Apple control thingy. UK based company and they sound better than the Klipsch S4 in my opinion. 

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I am using the Sennheiser CX 250 Earphones right now and they are awesome and affordable.

RHA M350 or M450i if you want the Apple control thingy. UK based company and they sound better than the Klipsch S4 in my opinion. 

I am in no need to use the inferior apple technology. :D

Anyhow, I will check these out anyways.

I am using the Sennheiser CX 250 Earphones right now and they are awesome and affordable.

Arent the cx 250's worse than the cx 300ii's?

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

I am in no need to use the inferior apple technology. :D

Anyhow, I will check these out anyways.

Arent the cx 250's worse than the cx 300ii's?

"Worse" Maybe, but they aren't bad or anything. Could aswell go for the CX 300ii's but they're more expensive.

I am satisfied with my CX 250s.

"Worse" Maybe, but they aren't bad or anything. Could aswell go for the CX 300ii's but they're more expensive.

I am satisfied with my CX 250s.

They are in my budget though, and I have had them and they're great, but I always want to try something different, and try to find the best product for the money I am willing to spend.

They are in my budget though, and I have had them and they're great, but I always want to try something different, and try to find the best product for the money I am willing to spend.

Yes I understand, buying the same product but new doesn't really satisfy. But I don't know man: I'm not really into earphones;

Unfortunately I am banned from amazon, and on ebay they're outside my budget. :(

I will check other retailers though, because these have caught my interest.

Btw, my sennheisers broke in an unusual place, not where the connector is, but where the wire splits to go to each individual headphone. :/

Unfortunately I am banned from amazon, and on ebay they're outside my budget. :(

I will check other retailers though, because these have caught my interest.

Btw, my sennheisers broke in an unusual place, not where the connector is, but where the wire splits to go to each individual headphone. :/

Sennheiser earphones simply have shoddy cables. Even my IE 60's cable cracked after a few months of use.

Sennheiser earphones simply have shoddy cables. Even my IE 60's cable cracked after a few months of use.

So what do you recommend?

Lets say under 70 american dollars, as you Americans often struggle with other currencies. (no offence)

So what do you recommend?

Lets say under 70 american dollars, as you Americans often struggle with other currencies. (no offence)

Currencies don't translate, my friend. To make a recommendation, one has to look at local prices, there is simply no other way.

The recommendations above look good (I was the one who convinced Lauen to try the JBL's in fact), but I'm not a big IEM guy. 

SOUND MAGIC E10's HANDS DOWN! best in that price point go read the reviews.

hmmm durability seems very good i've been using mine for about 3 months now

The cable is quite sturdy and the texture feels nice.

I also own a pair of the black and rose gold ones  :D