GTA V is laggy with RX590

qqmydear

Hey, so i am having problems with GTA V i dont know if this is normal but i cant put the game to very high settings, if i do i get like 24-30fps i havent enabled anything in amd settings i have left everything to be set by the game, i think that a game that old should be playing at very high with at least 80fps i dont know what to do anymore here are my specs:

Graphics Card: RX 590 Nitro+ 8GB

Processor: Ryzen 5 2400g

RAM: G.Skill Aegis 8GB DDR4-3000MHz x 2

an SSD and an HDD (7200rpm)

The game is installed in the HDD.

Thanks in advance 

PS

I am posting some screenshots of the amd settings for the game

setting 2.PNG

setting 1.PNG

Drivers all upto date ?

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Just now, Escapenz said:

Drivers all upto date ?

Yep 

drivers.PNG

Drivers set to SUPERSAMPLING (Which ALSO isn't defaulted on an install either, thats been changed from default)

Game uses 8x AA if you MAXED IT, ...........So your 8x SuperSampling the Native Res.
No wonder your so low....

FIX if its what I think it is..

Change DRIVER AA thats ON SuperSampling to MSAA.

Change inGame MSAA to 2x or 4x or Off.

Also Set Ultra/VeryHighGRASS down ONE STEP from MAX,.. helps greatly in the City Areas (Grass Shadows/Occlusions are not optimized in the City)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

3 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Drivers set to SUPERSAMPLE

Game uses 8x if you MAXED IT

So your 8x SuperSampling the Native Res.
No wonder your so low....

Change SuperSampling to MSAA

Change inGame MSAA to 2x or 4x or Off.

Well then what should i pick here?

supersampling.PNG

1 minute ago, qqmydear said:

Well then what should i pick here?

supersampling.PNG

Multisampling is MSAA, that's much less expensive on the GPU than SuperSampling.

MUltisampling should have been the default anyway, thats how the driver comes.

*Only if the game uses it as stated in the image above.. but before,.. when MSAA was set to be used,.. the driver swaps it for SSAA not MSAA as per your previous selection.

MSAA performs faster than SSAA in most if not all games (depending on how its set)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Multisampling is MSAA, that's much less expensive on the GPU than SuperSampling.

MUltisampling should have been the default anyway, thats how the driver comes.

I will try it right away

Just now, qqmydear said:

I will try it right away

There should also be a 2xMSAA option to improve framerate (in game settings) that you can combine with FXAA.

9 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

There should also be a 2xMSAA option to improve framerate (in game settings) that you can combine with FXAA.

Well i think i did everything you said but i still have 40-50fps

these are the in-game settings

GTAV3.png

GTAV1.png

GTAV2.png

How about Advanced Graphic?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

6 minutes ago, qqmydear said:

Well i think i did everything you said but i still have 40-50fps

these are the in-game settings

GTAV3.png

GTAV1.png

GTAV2.png

Could very well be the game, as your only using half of your GPU using these settings without heavy MSAA leaving it up to the CPU to provide more,...and ZERO of the Single CPU Threads specifically are at 100%,..
The game itself is weirdly coded to not take advantage (also likely) and there may be more you'd have to google to fix it.

Search Terms... or similar i'd be using to find information.
GTA 5 GPU usage drops
GTA 5 CPU bottleneck 2400G

4 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Could very well be the game, as your only using half of your GPU using these settings without heavy MSAA leaving it up to the CPU to provide more,...and ZERO of the Single CPU Threads specifically are at 100%,..
The game itself is weirdly coded to not take advantage (also likely) and there may be more you'd have to google to fix it.

Search Terms... or similar i'd be using to find information.
GTA 5 GPU usage drops
GTA 5 CPU bottleneck 2400G

Well the thing is that i have read that gta v doesnt work very well with generally amd cpus and gpus but i am not entirely sure

Also about bottlenecking i build this pc to not bottleneck was searching for these parts for about 6 months 
here is a very good website in my opinion with the results of my pc 

https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Ryzen_5_2400G/Radeon_RX_590/0Pl12V28/16/

But i agree gta v coding is weird, weirder is the fact that many youtube people who have run this game with this gpu have managed to put everything maxed out and get about 100 fps 

7 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

How about Advanced Graphic?

Everything is set to 0 and off

4 hours ago, qqmydear said:

Everything is set to 0 and off

Don't put Grass on Ultra. Lower it to medium/high. Maybe drop tessellation a click or 2 as well. 

Also turn off Vsync if you want it to go over 60fps.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

10 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Don't put Grass on Ultra. Lower it to medium/high. Maybe drop tessellation a click or 2 as well. 

Also turn off Vsync if you want it to go over 60fps.

i have done all that but still no more than 45fps and the thing is that any other game that a try gives me 80-100 fps at ultra settings

3 minutes ago, qqmydear said:

i have done all that but still no more than 45fps and the thing is that any other game that a try gives me 80-100 fps at ultra settings

Can you turn on MSI Afterburner OSD frametime graph? 

8x SSAA effectively means running at 8x the resolution, or (at 1920 x 1080 target resolution) 2x the load compared to 4k. Modern cards can run into issues with 4K resolution. Double that load is kind of insanity, even for an older game. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

11 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Can you turn on MSI Afterburner OSD frametime graph? 

how do i do that?

1 minute ago, qqmydear said:

how do i do that?

In Monitoring Settings
image.png.30161f7c711adb0b88ba412ba592399b.png

Just now, xAcid9 said:

In Monitoring Settings
image.png.30161f7c711adb0b88ba412ba592399b.png

ok i will in the morning and i will post it here